Options

Moyles to join XFM?

Comments

• Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I think we can all agree it wont happen on the 7th as originally rumoured. According to Popbitch the latest development is the 21st.

Well I'm sure Richard Park is the brains of the operation, but surely if they launch now, they'll be forgotten about by the new year, when various digital stations all start?

Perhaps it's better to start alongside all of them rather than go alone too soon?
  • Options
    paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm sure Richard Park is the brains of the operation, but surely if they launch now, they'll be forgotten about by the new year, when various digital stations all start?

Perhaps it's better to start alongside all of them rather than go alone too soon?
    The new D2 stations, if that's what you're referring to, won't be starting any time soon in the new year. More likely middle of next year, I'd say.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there clear out happening at XFM?

Here today gone tomorrow that's radio showbiz
  • Options
    OrangyOrangy Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulx23 wrote: »
    The new D2 stations, if that's what you're referring to, won't be starting any time soon in the new year. More likely middle of next year, I'd say.

March I'd say. But that's a guess.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Richard Branson has high profile presenters in mind for Virgin radio in March, Global will want listeners to have settled into Moyles (if rumours are correct) and whoever is selected for the drive show?
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    bwfcol wrote: »

Just seen that. It's happening.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangy wrote: »
    But that's a guess.

Like 95% of what has been posted on this thread then.:D
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,860
    Forum Member
    Just seen that. It's happening.

Insiders claim more news in the next few days.

With one of the longest serving XFM presenters leaving for 'private reasons' which is assuming he no longer likes the way the station is going then I'd say we're almost there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Insiders claim more news in the next few days.

With one of the longest serving XFM presenters leaving for 'private reasons' which is assuming he no longer likes the way the station is going then I'd say we're almost there.

I reckon tomorrow, but then I have reckoned that every day for the past three months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Didn't Dom Byrne go to XFM recently? Reunion anyone?
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »

This makes me so excited!
  • Options
    tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    25kV wrote: »
    Didn't Dom Byrne go to XFM recently? Reunion anyone?

LBC, same owners though.
  • Options
    Radio_GeekRadio_Geek Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon tomorrow, but then I have reckoned that every day for the past three months.

It will definitely be within the next week! I can feel it!
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Radio_Geek wrote: »
    It will definitely be within the next week! I can feel it!

I'm going for sooner than that. Presenter's teasing their own hiring won't be done off their own back. It would throw the employers plans for marketing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Goldenage wrote: »
    I'm going for sooner than that. Presenter's teasing their own hiring won't be done off their own back. It would throw the employers plans for marketing.

Sooner than within the next week? What, within the last week? ;)
  • Options
    tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sooner than within the next week? What, within the last week? ;)

Well it was rumoured they have a TV ad ready, X Factor perhaps?
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was rumoured they have a TV ad ready, X Factor perhaps?

It will either air during The X Factor or Doc Martin both high rating shows
  • Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,411
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »

Do rock/indie music fans watch either of those shows not sure your 30 something bloke would really be into those shows. This week's England football game would be more suitable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I don't think potential Xfm listeners would be watching X-Factor or Doc Martin!
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aj3000 wrote: »

Out of the two shows I would say Doc Martin has a more varied audience than TXF
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »

The station is aimed at people who actually like music though.
  • Options
    BrettBrett Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes but former listeners of Chris Moyles will be likely to be watching
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    He is the DLT of XFM!
    But XFM is closing down due to poor ratings and its pre-Internet genre being long over. What's replacing it will be different and more tuned to a wider audience.

Remember that anti-Christmas XFM did years ago, where they boasted that there's be no mention of Christmas and just a normal schedule on Christmas day? The shows were pre-recorded because the presenters all wanted to wear paper hats, pull crackers and watch The Great Escape instead of going to work, and it turned out that all the Goth and anarchist listeners wanted to go home to mummy and have turkey and properly risen Yorkshire puddings instead of listen to the radio. The XFM audience is more mainstream than you think (or they have ever admitted). They'll see any advert that goes out during the X-factor (whose theme is supposedly composed by the boss of... Global Radio)
  • Options
    phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be that ad does air during X Factor or Doc Martin.

The station is probably changing direction playing a mixture of classic rock and alternative rock.

The station is hiring personalities like Chris Moyles to take on Absolute Radio who has Christian O' Connell and Frank Skinner.

Global probably want the station appeal to a bigger audience to attract advertisers.