Options

5 Thoughts - Launch Show

Comments

• Options
    trio1trio1 Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    1. Helen George is either very very shy or was a bit disappoijted getting Aljaz.

2. I wonder who Jamelia really didn't want to be paired with??? Brendan perhaps? I'm dying to know!

3. Even though I think Anton is too past his peak to ever win, his joy at getting Katie was nice. And she seems bubbly so they will hopefully have a blast together.

4. Pascha won last year so he was always going to get Carol (hence Antons premature celebrations in the background). But he knew that himself, and Carol seems to be an utter delight.

5. Claudia is just what this show needed.
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...why the quotation marks?...

Because that's just something I thought I'd do. :p
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    1. Already obsessed with Kellie and Kevin.
    2. Jamelia is going to cause PROBLEMS.
    3. Caroline and Pasha's final dance wasn't all that great.
    4. Despite a lacklustre line-up, it was good to see them all do their thing on the actual show.
    5. Wait at Katie being really pretty.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    2. My dislike of Darcey is going to keep growing, really not happy that she is expressing her desire for a male winner. She's so going to be overmarking the 'hot' men to try and get the result she wants.

Yes, she wasn't very subtle there! It's funny 'cos based on initial impressions I'm preferring more of the female celebrities (and their partnerings).
  • Options
    marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Loved the intro
    2. I think it's the best looking line up of male pros (if we could change Brendan and Anton for Matthew Cutler and Artem, it would be perfect!).
    3. Loved Oti!!!! I think it's a good pairing.
    4. Yay! Aliona got a young celeb! Against popular opinion, I believe she deserved it more than Natalie, whose pairing with Aisnley is actually rather good.
    5. Helen was slightly a let down in how she came accross. Maybe it was the nerves, but I thought she would be more witty and sparky personality wise. She is paired with Alijaz so i hope she comes out of her shell more!
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1-Love Oti already :D. So bubbly :D. I love her personality. I hope that she'll last long enough with Anthony.

2-yay strictly is back :D

3- Not impressed with Brendan, Andre, Pasha , the Cliftons....pairings.

4-A bit shocked at how petrified Jay was :o even more shocking to see him tense and not relaxed in the group dance.

5- so happy jamelia has Tristan. I think that they'll pleasantly surprise a few people ;-)
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Yes, she wasn't very subtle there! It's funny 'cos based on initial impressions I'm preferring more of the female celebrities (and their partnerings).

Probably the production team want a male winner, so what Darcey said was partly scripted really. >:(
  • Options
    BelgoLiftBelgoLift Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. This year, Aljaz and Janette are the featured couple, vs last year for Mr and Mrs Clifton. And the longer serving pros (Brendan and Anton) got contenders as well.
    2. #YearofTheAnton - would be nice to see trending on Twitter. ;-) He actually may have a chance this time around.
    3. Underwhelmed by the show in comparison to previous launch shows. And hard to see that much in the group dance with the filming as it was.
    4. IMHO - Not that many male celebs that look to be heading for the final -- sorry, Darcey!
    5. Interesting mix of which pros are dancing together. Was aware they were going to mix it up, makes for variety.
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1; come on Anton!
    2; Kristina needs to remember how well she did with John Seargent.
    3; poor Jay getting in a flap and kissing Tess.
    4; Caroline's speech backing Strictly.
    5; Gregory Porter's hat must whiff a bit now surely?
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,879
    Forum Member
    1. Peter is there to win it
    2. Georgia & Gionvanni are a great pairing
    3. Anton may have a chance of getting to the quarter finals
    4. Good to see Ola back
    5. Kristina got her just desserts
  • Options
    MrsTCOMrsTCO Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Kristina was a tad disappointed with her partner

Caroline seems to have lost any dancing ability that she gained last year.

I'm not sure about Katie Derham yet but I'm not sure why.

I hope Jays nerves don't get the better of him as he looked very uncomfortable.

I liked Oti.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. All the pairings seem good so far. Time & training will tell.
    2. Oti is like a bubbly breath of fresh air.
    3. Gleb needs to stop looking so bored in a line up.
    4. Can see us being stuck with D O'D to the detriment of better pairs.
    5. Hope Jeanette ups her choreography.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    ...why the quotation marks?...

It's a good way to be subtly racist without being called on it.
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was way far too long @ 1 hour 20 mins.it wasnt needed to have the pros. showing off so much.
    The pairings could have been done in 30. min. as part of the 1st show.
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    1. I love Oti already, and I think she's going to be fantastic on the show. :D The other two new pros didn't impress me at all, though - Gleb did NOT do a good job of covering up his disappointment at getting Anita, and Giovanni really does love himself, doesn't he?

2. This is definitely going to be one of the most competitive series' yet, I hope. There wasn't anyone in the group dance who stood as as completely hopeless, though Carol and Jeremy have got their work cut out for sure. :p

3. The pairings were really well allocated, I thought - a few surprises, but there's a good mix of couples there. In particular, I love that Tristan has FINALLY got a contender, they were fair to Pasha and gave him a duffer, and that Aljaz and Janette will almost certainly both be around until the end in a couples' battle (similar to Karen and Kevin last year). ;-)

4. So far, my favourites are Jamelia & Tristan and Helen & Aljaz, but I do like most of the couples, especially Ainsley & Natalie and Katie & Anton, who should both be a blast to watch. :)

5. Caroline's Salsa was almost painfully bad for a champion. :blush: It was all really quite laboured and sluggish, like she had no energy in her body at all! I was genuinely quite shocked. :o
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Probably the production team want a male winner, so what Darcey said was partly scripted really. >:(

Yup

Really don't want Peter Andre to win.

Katie is wasted with Anton

Love Ola and Aliona

Think Ainsley and Natalie a good pairing - Is Ainsley oldest contestant?

Love the new dancers but wish Trent was still there.

Why is Joanne only in the dance troupe?
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Yup

Really don't want Peter Andre to win.

Katie is wasted with Anton

Love Ola and Aliona

Think Ainsley and Natalie a good pairing - Is Ainsley oldest contestant?

Love the new dancers but wish Trent was still there.

Why is Joanne only in the dance troupe?

Joanne is going to be the dance expert on ITT.
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ainsley is 58,John Sergent is 71
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    1. I think it was a great show. Tess was good, Claudia fantastic, and I am always surprised every year at what a total thrill I get the first time I see the pro dancers dance again - it's one of my favourite things of the whole show. Wish we got more dancing on TV.
    2. They seem a nice bunch with a good attitude and nobody who seems to think they're too good for the show.
    3. I'd join in the Oti praise, I thought she was stunning. The two male pros I'm less sure about but it's early days. Gleb is either reserved, which will be quite a nice change, or unhappy to get Anita, I don't know, but the people I was watching with went from thinking he was gorgeous to thinking he was arrogant in about 30 seconds.
    4. Jay's nerves were very sweet, but I hope he's going to find some fire for the main show or I'm not sure where the competition for Peter Andre is going to come from.
    5. My only disappointment was the group dance, which I thought was really badly directed so it was hard to see much of anyone.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) love Oti

2) feel sorry for Tristan

3) happy that Aliona has been given someone under the age of 40!

4) Giovanni gives me the creeps :o (sorry)

5) who is Kevin sleeping with?? 3 potential good un in 3 series?? seriously unfair!!
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ainsley is 58,John Sergent is 71

Ainsley looks great for his age! I'd have put him in his 40's :o
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. I am sooooo excited Strictly has started again. Sparkle and fun here we come!!!

2. Peter and Jamelia were very good in the group dance

3. Georgina galloped like a pony all through it. Maybe not a winner :D

4. I am disappointed to see Ola back this year especially as we seem to have lost the lovely Iveta . I don't want to see pivots and star jumps again. Luckily Iwan seems a bit off a duffer (he was very flat footed in the group dance) so we'll loose them earlier rather than later.

5. Claudia!!! She is just wonderful.
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Really enjoyed the show and so happy Strictly is back!
    2. Felt so sorry for Jay, I hope he conquers his nerves
    3. Jamelia so annoying, but I love Tristan
    4. Thought Helen was a bit rude the way she said she thought she'd get Anton
    5. Interesting pairings and potentially some surprises maybe?
  • Options
    Guy_WelbournGuy_Welbourn Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Peter Andre a clear favourite
    Not too many obvious ringers or duffers
    No obvious clowns
    Actually have seen most of the celebrities before, lacking the reality stars which is good in my book
    Miss some of the dancers from previous series, new lot look a bit boring, Oti excepted
  • Options
    Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member
    1) Feel sorry for Tristan and Natalie
    2) Happy for Aliona and Oti
    3) Still not a fan of Claudia
    4) Hope Jamelia is first to leave.
    5) Bring back Zoe Ball.