Options

RIP Wonkey Donkey

Comments

• Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news. It was always interesting to read her posts.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear this news. She was a massive part of this forum and I would often read her posts and know instantly it that they were hers, before I even looked at the name. I can't say that about many posters. She had a nice style of posting and was good at conveying her opinions. She seemed like a very decent and wise lady.
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sad news. As many others have said, (not surprisingly) I had no idea she had been living with an illness.

I was familiar with wonkeydonkey through her prolific contributions to the GD threads. I always enjoyed reading her well-thought out and intelligent posts, which were often peppered with amusing anecdotes. She'll be a big loss to DS, and is irreplaceable to all her loved ones (who I send my deepest condolences to).

RIP wonkeydonkey. I will miss seeing you on here.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    RIP Wonkeydonkey.

Condolences to her family and many friends x
  • Options
    MistyBlueEyesMistyBlueEyes Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such sad news, we private messaged at times and i liked her posts. I did not know though that she had a illness
    Will miss reading her posts
  • Options
    BirdyBeeBirdyBee Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonkey Donkey...a formidable poster to debate against; articulate, rational, empathetic, compassionate, insightful and intelligent...or infuriatingly long-winded and pompous? :D

I happen to think the former, but no matter your viewpoint, either way she was a legendary poster. And darn it...she knew her stuff and took the digs about her (in?)famous multi-posting in good humour.

*salutes*

I liked her posting here. I liked her. I was shocked to hear the news. She struck me as a remarkable woman.

All my sympathy to those reading this who knew her well. Life can be shit sometimes. It's just unfair. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad Wonkey took the time to post here.

Thanks Wonkey. x
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I can't lie, she infuriated me many times and I rarely agreed with her. But I never imagined this would happen. I can only say R.I.P. Wonkey Donkey.
  • Options
    TARDIS BlueTARDIS Blue Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`m very sad to hear this, i liked her immensely, she had a massive heart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sad news. As many others have said, (not surprisingly) I had no idea she had been living with an illness.

I was familiar with wonkeydonkey through her prolific contributions to the GD threads. I always enjoyed reading her well-thought out and intelligent posts, which were often peppered with amusing anecdotes. She'll be a big loss to DS, and is irreplaceable to all her loved ones (who I send my deepest condolences to).

RIP wonkeydonkey. I will miss seeing you on here.

I don't believe she mentioned it on DS. What a sad loss.
  • Options
    CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP Wonkey Donkey
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad, my condolences to her family :'(
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Wonkey Donkey :(
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the name but don't really remember her posts all that well. But sad news, RIP.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news she always convied her point of view well and will be missed RIP :(
  • Options
    Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Wonkey I always looked for your posts, always interesting and insightful, condolences to family and friends
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    RIP WonkeyDonkey
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    RIP Wonkey Donkey. Such sad news. :(
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Rest In Peace.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goodness, I'm quite shocked to hear this news. Now I think about it I hadn't seen any posts from her on the BB forum this time around.

Wonkey & I had locked horns several times over the years, she always seemed to champion the HM's I disliked the most - we were polar opposites!

Sincere condolences to Wonkey's family & friends...........RIP Wonkey. :(
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic username and fantastic poster. My condolences to her family. It is indeed sad news but I'm also pleased that we were told about it. I often wonder when users disappear if they are ok. If anything happened to me my family don't know you exist so wouldn't tell you.

RIP WD, you were great.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't posted for a while but somethings deserve your attention.

WD was witty and articulate, also just a little bit crazy, a great mix which always adds value to a forum - she also clearly bore her illness with dignity as only those personally connected were aware.

Perhaps someone who knows the family might draw their attention to this thread at some point in the future, so many people that 'knew' her saying so many lovely things - it's a wonderful tribute that they should be very proud of.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rip RIP WonkeyDonkey, sad news that is.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to hear this, she had a username that stuck out. Was also someone who had something to say on most topics RIP.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    ValW wrote: »
    Me neither! :cry: Those of us who were honoured to be her Facebook friends knew she'd been ill for a few months but seeing the news this afternoon was still a massive shock. She was never the sort to make a fuss and she didn't want us worrying. She was cheerfully muddling through and enjoying rides on her new chairlift! If ever I'm in that position I hope I cope with it with just a fraction of her wit.

Aww man, she had me in fits of laughter about the stairlift. the starvation in hospital and the visitors opposite who brought delicious snacks for their relative, then the hospital food she was eventually offered. She saw the humour in every situation. Facebook will never be the same now she's gone, Val, but thank goodness we still have her daughter to talk to. She's a chip off the old block isn't she.