Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,622
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    I did. You're not up to speed. I indicated with an arrow icon.

Normally on a forum using words is a much more effective means of communication than arrow icons.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did. You're not up to speed. I indicated with an arrow icon.

Your arrow did not lead to an answer as to what Bangla's "leftie wing proposal" was. You could always give it now to avoid any confusion.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, you must taking things personally, without my realising.
    No. I was just proving you wrong. :)
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Abbot dragging his cutesy girlie-girl producer into his progamme. She's as annoying as the brats on LBC ads. *off*
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Normally on a forum using words is a much more effective means of communication than arrow icons.

Hey, I didn't want to repeat myself, but I did answer the question without intentional avoidance which is more pertinent.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,622
    Forum Member
    Hey, I didn't want to repeat myself, but I did answer the question without intentional avoidance which is more pertinent.

You did not answer the question as anyone reading this thread can see for themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do arguments tend to start on Saturday evenings? Is it too much alcohol ? Not getting enough *** ?

If there is a flare up it tends to be on Saturdays.

You know what Martin, you could be right. There must be something about Saturday evenings. ;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    You did not answer the question as anyone reading this thread can see for themselves.

Without disrespect are you getting a little too focused/fixated?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. I was just proving you wrong. :)

Hope that makes you happy. ;-)
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Steve has bought a new car. The showroom are in the process of transferring the contents of the boot, along with the back seat teddybear, across to the new boot/back seat and he expects to have possession in a couple of days :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D Steve has got everything in that boot. Champagne, prosecco, choccies, biscuits...the list is long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what angle Stig is taking this morning. If he's looking for a hatchet job on Corbyn he seems to be listing a lot of positives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yasmin Alibhai-Brown has just said, "Blair was Thatcher's love child". What a drama queen eh?
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what angle Stig is taking this morning. If he's looking for a hatchet job on Corbyn he seems to be listing a lot of positives.

Why should he do a hatchet job on Corbyn? Perhaps he's keeping an open mind. Politics - or anything else, come to that - is rarely black and white.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yasmin Alibhai-Brown has just said, "Blair was Thatcher's love child". What a drama queen eh?

She did regard Blair and New Labour as ( one of ) her greatest achievments allegedly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should he do a hatchet job on Corbyn? Perhaps he's keeping an open mind. Politics - or anything else, come to that - is rarely black and white.

It's LBC, hardly the first port of call for rational, balanced debate or reporting IMO.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member

A look at twitter will show you what he thinks - https://twitter.com/StigAbell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewilson wrote: »
    Dale is certainly useful to LBC. The political book-publishing, multi-fail would-be Conservative MP is far too cosy with politicians for my liking. It's almost as if he has a vicarious existence as an MP.

Yes the way that Iain Dale associates with expenses cheat and former Home Secretary Jacqui Smith illustrates your point I think.
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People have been saying that for years - maybe not in those words, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    People have been saying that for years - maybe not in those words, though.

In those words exactly. It's become a cliche.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,952
    Administrator
    This thread often becomes unconstructive and off-topic with arguments cluttering the discussion. If this happens again we will start to remove posts and temporarily ban the users in question as it stops others contributing.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member

Desperately unfunny. What a nasty piece of work Nick Abbott is. Caller falls asleep waiting to go on, which is 100% understandable, and can be heard breathing normally for someone who's sleeping. NA first suggests someone should suffocate him by obstructing his breathing, and then suggests he seek medical advice because there's something g seriously wrong.

The only thing wrong with this gentleman is that he bothered staying up for the snide crap spouted by Nick Abbott.
  • Options
    Franco_AnglaisFranco_Anglais Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    It didn't take long for a new Steve Allen spoof Twitter account to rise from the ashes: "Steve Fagbol Allen" @FagbolAllen. I don't think it's the same guy as Steve Prat Allen, though.
This discussion has been closed.