Options

Cameron "Labour are a danger to national security" ...

GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
Forum Member
✭✭✭
....... Dangerous comment. Does anyone really question the Tory agenda now. Gave yourself away Mr Cameron. What next, banning legitimate political parties and other organisations. Sorry to reel out the over used comparison, but anyone for the 1930's?

Comments

• Options
    BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    ....... Dangerous comment. Does anyone really question the Tory agenda now. Gave yourself away Mr Cameron. What next, banning legitimate political parties and other organisations. Sorry to reel out the over used comparison, but anyone for the 1930's?

Starting to feel like that. I reckon the Tories could implode within the next two years as even their own MP's will surely baulk at the subtext on show here
  • Options
    nainznainz Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pathetic, isn't it. Not only the message but thoses who were wheeled out to parrot that message, Priti Patel and Michael Farron came across as vapid and disingenuous. Farron is a disgrace, and has proven himself not a serious politician, not only for this but for suggesting Miliband would "stab the country in the back". Call my naive but I expect a bit more respect from ministers of state.

It says more about the messangers than the message that the PM allows his own twitter, an official mode of communication for the Government to echo this cringeworthy and artificially created attack.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not dissimilar to Churchill's disastrous comments in the 1945 election that many see as critical to his defeat.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brawlad wrote: »
    Starting to feel like that. I reckon the Tories could implode within the next two years as even their own MP's will surely baulk at the subtext on show here

Hey, for once we are nearly on the same page!:D It's a ridiculous claim, and the Tories could well implode over the EU (but not Corbyn).
    I don't believe the Tories believe this national security nonsense, or are scared of Corbyn, it's just rubbish pumped out when the 'caring-sharing' masks slipped at HQ and they got over-excited by the Corbyn election.
    He's never going to get anywhere near the stuff that would have a lot of us going :o>:(:o so 'national security' is not threatened.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not wrong given some of Corbyn's woefully bad foreign policy ideas.

However, let's not forget that before the name ISIS became common knowledge, Cameron's government was willing to arm Islamists in Syria under the assumption that all of them were fighting a good, progressive rebellion against Assad. There was no distinction between say the Free Syrian Army who were fighting for good intentions, and those Islamic extremist forces. I think Nigel Farage pointed this out in 2013.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very unstatesmanlike.
  • Options
    mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think getting rid of Trident IS dangerous.
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very unstatesmanlike.

Probably, but he's right.

Corbyn wants to remove Trident, pull out of NATO and comes a cross as a pacifist that would struggle to do the right decision if the UK was attacked by a nation or group sponsored by a nation.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That email they sent out was just plain BS.

Like taking Corbyn's quote about Bin Laden completely out of context to make sound like a supporter of al-Qaida.

The Conservatives tell us that he thought it was a tragedy that Bin Laden was killed.

But ignored the context, which was that he thought it was a tragedy that he was killed, rather than face trial.

Just shameful.
  • Options
    Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron resorting to form. Even members of his own Government are warning him about personal attacks.

Sadly Cameron doesn't know any better.
  • Options
    samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »

all the conservatives have said the last 24 hours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nainz wrote: »
    It's pathetic, isn't it. Not only the message but thoses who were wheeled out to parrot that message, Priti Patel and Michael Farron came across as vapid and disingenuous. Farron is a disgrace, and has proven himself not a serious politician, not only for this but for suggesting Miliband would "stab the country in the back". Call my naive but I expect a bit more respect from ministers of state.

It says more about the messangers than the message that the PM allows his own twitter, an official mode of communication for the Government to echo this cringeworthy and artificially created attack.

yeah it has suddenly become very personal...its kinda sad and not what the country wants

i remember the whole miliband knifed his brother in the back that was used throughout the commons. I mean during the debates Sky focused on his brother more than his actual policies. scary stuff.
  • Options
    mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi insurance company, I'd like to claim for a burglary in my house. Yes I did leave the front door wide open - but we've got to trust people haven't we?
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all the conservatives have said the last 24 hours

Given his past, why would anyone think Jeremy Corbyn is NOT a threat to national security?

Cameron's guilty of stating the bleedin' obvious - that's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Given his past, why would anyone think Jeremy Corbyn is NOT a threat to national security?

i dont really agree with his policies but people are going over board.
    not really its just becoming tiresome...trash the leader of the opposition party.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Well, we all expected the Tory trash machine to get going quickly, didn't we?

This is obnoxious, odious drivel from the Illustrious Leader of course, but completely in character.
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont really agree with his policies but people are going over board.
    not really its just becoming tiresome...trash the leader of the opposition party.

Sadly that's been politics in this country since the turn of the millennium at least. Both partys do it to the other. It's all smears, lies and exaggerations. I tend to ignore it.
  • Options
    BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Well, we all expected the Tory trash machine to get going quickly, didn't we?

This is obnoxious, odious drivel from the Illustrious Leader of course, but completely in character.

Yep just another public school educated bully . I wonder if his hero is Flashman?
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Well Cameron thinks the uk pubic are a threat to national security thats why he wants to be able to spy and read all comunications between people who have done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from a few nutters who agree, this just makes the Tories look bad. I'm all for it.
  • Options
    AristaeusAristaeus Posts: 9,974
    Forum Member

If Labour are a threat to national security, then surely Cameron must immediately outlaw the Labour party. If he fails to do so, then we must assume Cameron is weak on protecting the country.

Or maybe, and call me crazy, maybe the Labour party - Her Majesty's loyal opposition, aren't a threat to national security and the Tories are lying.
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aristaeus wrote: »
    If Labour are a threat to national security, then surely Cameron must immediately outlaw the Labour party. If he fails to do so, then we must assume Cameron is weak on protecting the country.

And if he did outlaw the labour party. What would the reaction be?
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man who voted for war in Iraq says man who didn't and protested against the war in Iraq is a 'danger to security'.

You couldn't make it up.

@ o** Cameron.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cameron voted for war in Iraq, Corbyn didn't.
  • Options
    AristaeusAristaeus Posts: 9,974
    Forum Member
    Rafer wrote: »
    And if he did outlaw the labour party. What would the reaction be?

I'm sure once the right wing media have published daily stories about how Corbyn loves Bin Laden and supports ISIS and wants Britain to be nuked and invaded by Russia, the public would welcome the Tory party banning the opposition party.