The Ratings Thread (Part 65)

Comments

• Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 42s43 seconds ago
    BBC1's new one-off drama from @DramaRepublic, #AnInspectorCalls won its slot post #XFactor, averaging 5.8m/26.6% http://overnights.tv

Fantastic rating.

H of De Vil I will NEVER doubt you again!
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1's new one-off drama from @DramaRepublic, #AnInspectorCalls won its slot post #XFactor, averaging 5.8m/26.6% http://overnights.tv

Fantastic rating.

As predicted. Why would the audience watching CF, then AR turn over?
  • Options
    StrangeStrange Posts: 14,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @overnightstv: #XFactor had the highest audience of the night, with 7.3m/32.5% watching from 8pm on ITV @ollyofficial @syco http://t.co/DSYC3PhVGB
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 22s23 seconds ago
    #XFactor had the highest audience of the night, with 7.3m/32.5% watching from 8pm on ITV @ollyofficial @syco http://www.overnights.tv

I think that includes +1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 22s23 seconds ago
    #XFactor had the highest audience of the night, with 7.3m/32.5% watching from 8pm on ITV @ollyofficial @syco http://www.overnights.tv

I think that includes +1.

At least its up from thje low of 6.5m against much stronger BBC1 competition.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

Fantastic rating.

Thats very good and I was completely wrong............ AGAIN !! :D
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 39s39 seconds ago
    #ThisIsEngland90 made a decent start with 1.9m/8.6% from 9pm on C4 (Total) @WarpFilms http://www.overnights.tv
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic for An Inspector Calls, 1.1m over my prediction :o

Wonder how CBB and This Is England did? The former probably very poorly, the latter, the high 2m?

Edit- Ah 1.9m for This Is England. Including +1? That's actually much lower than I thought. Maybe I had Gogglebox in my mind when I predicted it at almost 3m!
  • Options
    StrangeStrange Posts: 14,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 39s39 seconds ago
    #ThisIsEngland90 made a decent start with 1.9m/8.6% from 9pm on C4 (Total) @WarpFilms http://www.overnights.tv
    Bit disappointing, thought it would do better than that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ITV drama The Trials of Jimmy Rose has been an underwelming waste on an XF lead in. It doesn't seem, to have been that well recieved and with extra drama competitrion I can see it being in the mid 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The ITV drama The Trials of Jimmy Rose has been an underwelming waste on an XF lead in. It doesn't seem, to have been that well recieved and with extra drama competitrion I can see it being in the mid 3.

I will catch up with this as I saw the first 2 but it was a bit of a waste of the talent they assembled. Surprising really as I thought it would do well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    I will catch up with this as I saw the first 2 but it was a bit of a waste of the talent they assembled. Surprising really as I thought it would do well.

So did I. And I think in hindsight having seen it, it shoiuld have been a drama shown in Summer instead of wasting a lead in.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

Fantastic rating.

That's a good figure, I was a little out with it.

Good for TXF as well

A strong night for the big two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Trials Of Jimmy Rose is a poor drama. Ray Winstone phoning in playing Ray Winstone. Code Of A Killer or Safe House would have been better off after X Factor.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit disappointing, thought it would do better than that

IIRC it's a recovery on the '88 series at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Fantastic for An Inspector Calls, 1.1m over my prediction :o

Wonder how CBB and This Is England did? The former probably very poorly, the latter, the high 2m?

Edit- Ah 1.9m for This Is England. Including +1? That's actually much lower than I thought. Maybe I had Gogglebox in my mind when I predicted it at almost 3m!

Thus Is England has always been an acquired taste. First episode of This Is England 86 started big but then settled lower. This is around the level its overnights were previously. Will consolidate well I'd assume.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    The Trials Of Jimmy Rose is a poor drama. Ray Winstone phoning in playing Ray Winstone. Code Of A Killer or Safe House would have been better off after X Factor.

You see I really did not like either of those as the plots were completely illogical IMO.

EDIT : Sorry not Code of a Killer , I was thinking of Black Work.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some more up to date info about BBC commissions (mostly drama) some we know about and a couple are imminent.
    And Then There were None (3x60)- fliming started July 2015 - tbb later this year to coincide with Agatha Christie 125 year anniversary

Undercover (6x60)- Peter Moffat political thriller Sophie Okonedo/ Aidrian Lester announced shooting from July 2015

Our Girl (5x60) new series with Michele Keegan announced June 2015 - filming start of 2016

The Night Manager (mini series) Le Carre novel with Hugh Lawrie for 2016

Dickensian (20x?) - Tony Jordan writer - Caroline Quentin/Peter Firth/Stephen Rea/Pauline Collins star

My Mother and Other Strangers (5x60) - written by Barry Devlin (Ballkissangel) set in NI during WW2 - pre watershed drama

To Walk Invisible: The Bronte Sisters (1x120) - original Sally Wainwright drama - announced May 2015

Stag (3x60) BBC2 comedy/drama Filming In Scotland May 2015

Wellington: The Iron Duke Unmasked (1x60) - drama doc starring RE Grant

Line of Duty (6x60) - series 3 Will Mellor/Daniel Mays/Arsher Ali/Leanne Best cast April 2015

Game Changer (1x90) - drama by Hugo Blick (The Shadow Line) starring Daniel Radcliffe/Bill Paxton announced April 2015

The Coroner (?x?) - daytime drama starring Claire Goose for 2016

Shetland (6x60) - series 3 is one story over 6 eps filming up to summer 2015

Capital (3x60) - starring Toby Jones/Lesley Sharp - filming April 2015

The Moorside Project (2x60) - Jeff Pope drama about Shannon Mathews disappearence announced April 2015

Untitled Kat & Alfie drama (6x60) - announced April 2015 for 2016

Close to the Enemy (6x60) - Stephen Poliakov drama set in aftermath of WW2 - filming in March 2015

From Darkness (4x60) - psychological crime drama to star Anna Marie Duff

The Kennedys (6x30) - BBC1 comedy filming in March due 2015

First time here since Saturday and haven't read past this point but Game Changer is on this week, tomorrow I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see I really did not like either of those as the plots were completely illogical IMO.

But Code Of A Killer was based on a true story. I also think both of the dramas I mentioned are more accessible to a general audience than Jimmy Rose.

Oh Black Work! I think that was more accessible too.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Thus Is England has always been an acquired taste. First episode of This Is England 86 started big but then settled lower. This is around the level its overnights were previously. Will consolidate well I'd assume.

Agreed, I actually thought it would be squeezed much lower as it was up against 2 dramas on BBC1 and ITV. TIE is much more niche, I wonder what demos it gets? Is it younger people? Or people who were young in the 80s/90s?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 80,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's been phoning in the same caricature for 40 years. Don't understand why he's rated at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you think it would settle in the same region (high 1m), or fall to the lower 1m?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Code of a Killer was based on a real life event though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Agreed, I actually thought it would be squeezed much lower as it was up against 2 dramas on BBC1 and ITV. TIE is much more niche, I wonder what demos it gets? Is it younger people? Or people who were young in the 80s/90s?

I had a feeling it would have had a high chunk of young viewers and a decent chunk of ~40 year olds.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of sad that poor old Under the Dome finishes tonight with a double episode ending at 2.20 am tomorrow morning (Starting at 12.50am:(:(
This discussion has been closed.