Options

Are the Beckham children too exposed to the media?

Comments

• Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every few days there seems to be some sort of outpouring of devotion from David, more so than usual. And it was he who defended Harper in dummygate, not them.

But my personal WTF moment was when the Daily Mail called the couple "dreamy". Unless Audrey Horne is now a staff writer, I found this particular description of them very weird.

Not sure putting Romeo out as a mascot was a good idea, he looked so much older than the other children for starters. Perhaps I misunderstand the whole football mascot thing.

Generally, I do wonder if something is amiss...

I just hope Brooklyn finds a decent career rather than becoming another Callum Best.
  • Options
    Liam_777Liam_777 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I have to say I did think of the Kardashians when I keep seeing Brooklyn being pictured everywhere.. Hopefully he can find a career path rather than just being famous for... Being famous.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooklyn is very much on the socialite trajectory.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,183
    Forum Member
    Remember when the parents got married there were thrones....it does look like the children are being groomed to takeover from mater & pater as if it's their birth right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mail online littered with Beckham stories again today including Dave playing the devoted husband and flying into NY to support Vicky at fashion show.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Remember when the parents got married there were thrones....it does look like the children are being groomed to takeover from mater & pater as if it's their birth right.

Brooklyn's living the life of a Kardashian already.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    I keep thinking about the BI that may or may not have been about them and might not even be true. It's on the BI thread. He certainly seems like he's Dad of the Year at the moment.

Dare I ask what's the BI thread?
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooklyn Beckham seems to have taken over the gossip pages along with the Kardahsians atm.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Dare I ask what's the BI thread?

'Blind item' I think Fred. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    Brooklyn Beckham seems to have taken over the gossip pages along with the Kardahsians atm.

Next he'll be dating Kylie.

Can you imagine.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooklyn's described in the Daily Mail as a 'teen star' lol, and to think being described as a 'star' used mean you had a talent such as being able to sing, dance, act, do magic tricks or tell jokes, now you just have to have famous parents and an ability to get your self photographed standing next to any passing celeb, wow what a talent indeed :D.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 70,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooklyn has the looks and the connections so of course he is going to get his foot in the door easily be it in modelling, acting or whatever it's unfair but that is the way it is.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Brooklyn has the looks and the connections so of course he is going to get his foot in the door easily be it in modelling, acting or whatever it's unfair but that is the way it is.

He may have the connections, but he hasn't got the looks.
    He's basically a poor mans Calum Best.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But can he spell nepotism? I'd think David would not want his kids to get ahead this way, but apparently mommie has different ideas.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    But can he spell nepotism? I'd think David would not want his kids to get ahead this way, but apparently mommie has different ideas.
    David & Victoria are as fame hungry as each other and is the reason they've stayed together for so long. He would have had more to do with his kid leading out the England team than his wife...
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    David & Victoria are as fame hungry as each other and is the reason they've stayed together for so long. He would have had more to do with his kid leading out the England team than his wife...

Sadly her job comes before her family. He seems to be the only parent interested in the children.He made her famous and now their roles are reversed. Poor kids.
  • Options
    mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    They drag their offspring to pretty much every gala, ceremony and event they attend. Promoting their family brand to the world's media, shoving their children's faces in front of the camera. This is exactly the behaviour that the paps feel gives them a sense of entitlement to constantly invade their privacy and personal lives.

What chance did those kids ever have when their own parents sell cherished, intimate family moments to the highest bidder?

Irrelevant to the Beckham kids - I have to highly disagree. Taking your children (or mother, or young nieces & nephews) to a premiere DOES NOT make them fair game!! Does this also mean the young homeless man Miley Cyrus took to an awards things is fair game? Do the paps have the right to follow him around and stick a camera in his tent?

I also would love to know how you see them selling every intimate moment?? They are hardly Katie Price for godsake, and although I'm sure they did an OK shoot for Brooklyn's birth I have no memory of them pimping the others out in the same way.

Funny thing is Im not even really a fan, but I hate this notion of people being fair game for the vile revolting leeches that are the paps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »
    He may have the connections, but he hasn't got the looks.
    He's basically a poor mans Calum Best.

Yep I can't see Brooklyn becoming a top anything, acting would require him to actually have ability and go to drama school, he might pass at modelling but the reality is male models aren't that well paid aside from the really big names like David Gandy. Its one industry where women are paid more on average than men.

Although people accuse Stella McCartney of getting ahead based on her name she did attend St Martins and complete a degree in fashion design (unlike Victoria) so she actually has the qualifications for the job she does. There doesn't seem to be any sign of Brooklyn having university intentions.

So yep its more likely a Callum Best scenario.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 24,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I can't see Brooklyn becoming a top anything, acting would require him to actually have ability and go to drama school, he might pass at modelling but the reality is male models aren't that well paid aside from the really big names like David Gandy. Its one industry where women are paid more on average than men.

Although people accuse Stella McCartney of getting ahead based on her name she did attend St Martins and complete a degree in fashion design (unlike Victoria) so she actually has the qualifications for the job she does. There doesn't seem to be any sign of Brooklyn having university intentions.

So yep its more likely a Callum Best scenario.

He's only 16, I think it's a little early to brand him a failure. Who knows what career he will eventually have, I doubt even he knows yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 16 year old with this much exposure was Kylie Jenner, and I mean look at that trainwreck now.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 70,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    He's only 16, I think it's a little early to brand him a failure. Who knows what career he will eventually have, I doubt even he knows yet.

I agree.
  • Options
    CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I see the DM are reporting that VB is having her tattoos removed. Apparently they don't suit the image that she's trying to project as serious fashion designer. I suppose it's just a coincidence that the ones she's having removed relate to her husband and their marriage.... ;-)
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CMK29 wrote: »
    I see the DM are reporting that VB is having her tattoos removed. Apparently they don't suit the image that she's trying to project as serious fashion designer. I suppose it's just a coincidence that the ones she's having removed relate to her husband and their marriage.... ;-)

They certainly don't seem to have held her back as a designer previously!
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

That's the thing - most 16 year olds haven't a scoobie but their every career choice isn't a tabloid story and their every change of mind read as a failure. It's hard enough for 'proper' child stars to grow up and find the career that is going to see them through life let alone someone who hasn't (as yet) shown any particular talent for something to actually be in the public eye for, other than having famous parents.

As always with these things, the fact that the children are photographed and their faces not pixelated tends to show that the adults are happy with things - and plenty of celebs manage days out and air travel without a blow by blow account - but if he does want to study for a 'normal' job or career perhaps now might be the time to draw back from the publicity a tad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CMK29 wrote: »

Well a college degree might have helped with that, can she even sew? Yes I understand no designers actually sew their garments but they all have the ability to sew if necessary.