Options

lucy storyline ruining eastenders...

StrangeStrange Posts: 14,958
Forum Member
✭✭
does anyone actually care about it anymore? it's been dragged out to death and every character involved seems to have had a personality transplant. It should've ended during the great live week. That feels like a different show looking back

Comments

• Options
    EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im shocked at the number of injustices resulting from concluded storylines such as max being found guilty for a crime he did not commit but also dean not being imprisoned.

It is ruining EE and there should be a storyline now were theres some justice served.
  • Options
    CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Ebeale wrote: »
    Im shocked at the number of injustices resulting from concluded storylines such as max being found guilty for a crime he did not commit but also dean not being imprisoned.

It is ruining EE and there should be a storyline now were theres some justice served.

Hardly the first time someone has been wrongly convicted/not convicted.

I agree with the OP. Personally I thought the SL started off very promising and unlike other SL's was moving forward but the last couple of months it has just spiralled out of control.

The final straw for me was Lauran becoming part of the cover up.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Can't say I particularly care about it now. It has gone on too long and it probably will still run for longer but it's not even that. The whole square will find out soon. Lauren coming back and not even saying anything. Bizarre! Can't even think what characters I'm enjoying just now as they all seem to be slowly getting destroyed.. The show is a mess just now. Can't believe I'm saying that after a fantastic Live event
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the real problems of this story is losing the principle actors in it for various reasons

This producer comes in he decides he wants to have a murder of sorts in the show.

He picks Lucy played by an okay actress but someone was quite significant to the show and the Beale family .

A couple of months into it Jacqueline jossa becomes pregnant in real life and someone who was a lead character in this was going to be missing at the key parts.

If she hadn't become pregnant the live episode would have been very different.

You then have Ben Hardy wanting to quit if he had gave an inkling a little it would have easier to kill Peter again more rewrites as per jossa.

These key characters leave at the key point and it just seems a mess.

Jossa returns but it not really explained why a boyfriend would let his heavily pregnant partner travel across the world alone.

Then Jake wood wants a break then bingo lets place it on him, what would have happened if he wasn't having a break.

J Jossa leaves again to return in a few months , then Jake wood will return in a year.

So these circumstances basically mean we have another 4 months to a year at least of this to go
  • Options
    EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CM2604 wrote: »
    Hardly the first time someone has been wrongly convicted/not convicted.

Never did I say it was the first time for wrongful conviction... My point is hardly ever has there been two story lines running at the same time were both have ended tragically and brutally wrong from moral perspective. First the Linda sl, Dean coming out of the storyline with 0 punishment and now max's wrong conviction. It leaves viewers feeling disorientated, hopeless and is ruining EE in some way. There should be some moral, positive story-line running in the background right now. I am hoping it is the Dean exist, which is yet to come, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's been a fantastic storyline from start to finish and I love how it has literally involved the whole square at some point. The only thing I would say now is that it is overshadowing other storylines and preventing other big storylines from developing. We really need a couple of real big storylines to get going over the next couple of weeks rather than just a few non-starters that start and look like they could be big and get really interesting but instead get dropped for weeks on end and then just fizzle out.
  • Options
    Fallon9Fallon9 Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It used to be a fantastic story now it veers between boring and played out to hilariously bad.
  • Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching Eastenders regularly a couple of years ago, but watched it for a bit again round the live episode as I was interested to see who had done it.

Then I watched a couple the other week whilst having dinner at my parents, and wanted to see what would happen to Max so I've kept watching, and I think it's been really good. Granted there have been some silly moments, but sometimes you just have to suspend reality a bit. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

That said, I have watched about a months worth tops, of an 18-month or so storyline, so perhaps that has something to do with it.
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion the Lucy story line has been the best storyline since Bradley fell off the roof and Stacey admitted killing Archie in the live in 2010. If it wasn't for this story I may have stopped watching, thank goad I continued watching :p
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching Stenders for a few years when they first split up Kat and Alfie and starting heaping misery on them. It became a show full of unlikeable people shouting at each other. I came back for Danny Dyer, but at the moment, I only like Mick, Masood, Fatboy and the extras who barely say anything. Maybe Nancy and Tam, Patrick when he smiles.

There are way too many annoying and unlikeable characters, once again. There should be more of a balance.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Lucy storyline is kind of in 2 parts. From when she was killed to the killer reveal was the first part and the second part is from then to now where it is more focused on Jane trying to make the best of a bad situation.

I think it is unfair to call them both the same storyline, thats like saying the Archie storyline didn't conclude until Stacey handed herself in.
  • Options
    bunny93bunny93 Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say that it's ruined the show but it has ruined many characters
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing's a joke. How are they going to write Max back in if he goes to jail or if he runs away. Someone else will have to be blamed. Maybe Diane Parish will want a year's break next year and who knows who else the year after?? When will Bobby and Jane actually be punished?!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    The whole thing's a joke. How are they going to write Max back in if he goes to jail or if he runs away. Someone else will have to be blamed. Maybe Diane Parish will want a year's break next year and who knows who else the year after?? When will Bobby and Jane actually be punished?!

If Maxwell escapes, the Police would close the investigation, unless Lauren grows a backbone.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    If Maxwell escapes, the Police would close the investigation, unless Lauren grows a backbone.

Yes, but we know Max is coming back so someone else is going to have to be blamed when that happens. I just worry that this time next year we'll be having the same frustrating merry-go-round of people knowing, almost telling, being threatened by Ian or Phil etc. and Bobby and Jane still evading punishment.
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regardless of the reasons why, it's got everybody talking about it.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,287
    Forum Member
    I love it. Best storyline since who killed Archie? Glad they have stuck with it :)
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been a brilliant storyline and has kept me interested in the show throughout the year.

Where would EastEnders currently be without this story? Pretty much every other major storyline in the show at present (bar Kathy's return) is dull as ditchwater.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well when Max helped Stacey escape in 2010, that story was suspended until Lacey returned. It was concluded three years later with Janine withdrawing her accusation and Stacey using her bipolar to get her off the hook for killing Archie. Maybe something similar will happen with Max.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    It's been a brilliant storyline and has kept me interested in the show throughout the year.

Where would EastEnders currently be without this story? Pretty much every other major storyline in the show at present (bar Kathy's return) is dull as ditchwater.

I agree that the Lucy storyline is the most exciting at the moment.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I agree that the Lucy storyline is the most exciting at the moment.

The trouble is it's the only thing. Last year there was lots going on, this year this s/l is all we've got. We've had a couple of decent episodes from Kat and Shab, but that's it.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    started out as a fantastic storyline in my opinion

fell completely apart when Bobby was revealed as the killer and has now become a joke as more and more people know it was Bobby and yet are happy to sit back and see an innocent man on trial for something they KNOW he didnt do AND have to nerve to sit in the court and WATCH as he is found guilty
  • Options
    jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    completely ruined when bobby was revealed as the killer, its still got another year to run as well! too think lucy was killed off for this absolute joke of a storyline!
  • Options
    MellsbellsMellsbells Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so tired of it, if it's on, I'll watch but I don't go out of my way to watch it.

I'm at a loss why everyone is trying to protect Bobby. Jane & Ian I can understand but Phil? Sharon? Up until last night I was gobsmacked that Lauren was still going along with it. He's her dad, he's made a lot of mistakes but letting him go down for murder that he didn't commit? I wanted her to stand up in that court room and scream that it was Bobby with Jane complicit in dumping Lucy's body.

It's gone on too long and I doubt many viewers care any more.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mellsbells wrote: »
    I'm so tired of it, if it's on, I'll watch but I don't go out of my way to watch it.

I'm at a loss why everyone is trying to protect Bobby. Jane & Ian I can understand but Phil? Sharon? Up until last night I was gobsmacked that Lauren was still going along with it. He's her dad, he's made a lot of mistakes but letting him go down for murder that he didn't commit? I wanted her to stand up in that court room and scream that it was Bobby with Jane complicit in dumping Lucy's body.

It's gone on too long and I doubt many viewers care any more.

With jossa and wood leaving temporarily it's got probably 4 months to year to go yet