Options

Have I Got News For You. Series 50

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive needle going on. Clarkson must've pissed on Osman's chips prior to this.
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Between Clarkson and that annoying woman I've had enough. Will try again next week...
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting the pretty distinct impression Richard Osman doesn't like Jeremy Clarkson. It's a shame because it's ruining the episode.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the pretty distinct impression Richard Osman doesn't like Jeremy Clarkson. It's a shame because it's ruining the episode.

It would only ruin the episode if you're a Clarkson uber-fan. I'd rather have a bit of a spat between the panellists than a gentle half hour. Him and Hislop are carrying this episode.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he's trying too hard to win a popularity contest that no longer matters
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Between Clarkson and that annoying woman I've had enough. Will try again next week...

Nice tits though. 👍
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a bizarre edition. More to come on Monday!

Osman trying to talk to Jezza as the lights went down but getting blanked by him!
  • Options
    pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clarkson came across as almost doddery when the panel had a go at him.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clarkson wasn't too happy about that coke comment from Ian. A bit too close to the bone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they cut a few things out of that. Or maybe it was just the normal style of editing they use. Paul Merton mentioning Rebekah Brooks seemed very short as did the last dig at Clarkson from Ian. Maybe it was just me.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they cut a few things out of that. Or maybe it was just the normal style of editing they use. Paul Merton mentioning Rebekah Brooks seemed very short as did the last dig at Clarkson from Ian. Maybe it was just me.

That was a bad piece of editing at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    That was a bad piece of editing at the end.

Yeah thought it might be that.

Not a great episode really.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Clarksons face was like a bull. Maybe he said something to Ian that couldn't be broadcast.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It wasn't just you. Maybe the extended version will reveal all?

All a bit underpowered for me. A few vaguely amusing moments but not much cop really. Smiled occasionally. Have never really given much of a toss about Clarkson, and just found him rather dull. Still, I like Kathy Burke so things might liven up a bit next week.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree Osman was OTT. He was trying so hard I thought he must be a mate of Clarkson deliberately trying to take the mick but apparently not.

Decent enough otherwise.
  • Options
    klunkklunk Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Jeremy Clarkson looked a bit past it on that. He seemed slow-witted and out of his depth. Obviously they had a go at him, but that is to be expected on this show. You'd expect him to give as good as he got, but a lot of the time he just floundered.
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osman's far too clever to be stooping to that level of character assassination and cheap laugh.
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too thought Osman was trying just too hard for too long with the digs. Got to the point where you thought even the panel & audience were thinking ''ok, give it a rest now''

Usually an Osman fan, his quick wit is very often second to none, but tonight was just...strange.

Even Clarkson hosting while in the aftermath of a not-so-distant scandal didn't provide many sensational moments - the whole thing still felt as tired as the last few series.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would only ruin the episode if you're a Clarkson uber-fan. I'd rather have a bit of a spat between the panellists than a gentle half hour. Him and Hislop are carrying this episode.

But they were not particularly original or funny gags and too many of them.
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The editing was very noticeable, especially at the end, I think there was a lot more to what Ian said to Clarkson... and what was with the mention of coke, is that implying what I think its implying..
  • Options
    klunkklunk Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaperSkin wrote: »
    The editing was very noticeable, especially at the end, I think there was a lot more to what Ian said to Clarkson... and what was with the mention of coke, is that implying what I think its implying..
    There was no implying about it. He said it outright, "was it coke? Or just bad temper?" Obviously he wasn't talking about Coca Cola.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    But they were not particularly original or funny gags and too many of them.

Some of them did feel a bit forced but I feel it livened up what would otherwise have been a dull show. On both her appearances, the best offering from the woman from the Times was something she had written before the show. Preferably, she'd say something half-decent on it instead of grimacing when anything that is mildly controversial is said.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    klunk wrote: »
    Wow, Jeremy Clarkson looked a bit past it on that. He seemed slow-witted and out of his depth. Obviously they had a go at him, but that is to be expected on this show. You'd expect him to give as good as he got, but a lot of the time he just floundered.

Clarkson can't win. If he says daft things people moan, if he plays it straight and dull... people moan.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really enjoyed the show! I was laughing throughout it. I thought Jeremy took it in good humour and tbh he's got a big show lined up anyway so I doubt he's that bothered! :)
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised at some of the comments.
    I thought it was great and Richard Osman was spot on.