Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So its ok for for Paige to plot to break up Terese's Marriage, however Terese is evil when she plots to save her marriage. She did not plot against Paige cause she hated her she did it to keep her husband. From when Brad kissed Lauren of course she'd be a bit jealous. Of course she has to take blame too, but she is not the bad guy in this. Paul was right she can do so much better than a cheating idiot like Brad.
    But Paige didn't end up doing anything about it and explained she didn't like seeing her dad being so down all the time. Where as a few times Terese actually took action to get rid of Paige. For someone her age, she should be the mature one and not a sulky child.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its ok for for Paige to plot to break up Terese's Marriage, however Terese is evil when she plots to save her marriage. She did not plot against Paige cause she hated her she did it to keep her husband. From when Brad kissed Lauren of course she'd be a bit jealous. Of course she has to take blame too, but she is not the bad guy in this. Paul was right she can do so much better than a cheating idiot like Brad.

I agree. Terese has done nothing wrong, unlike Paige, Brad and Lauren.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    But Paige didn't end up doing anything about it and explained she didn't like seeing her dad being so down all the time. Where as a few times Terese actually took action to get rid of Paige. For someone her age, she should be the mature one and not a sulky child.

I don't blame Terese for trying to get rid of Paige, when she was trying to get Lauren and Brad back together.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    Still think Therese would be better with Paul. I just struggle to have sympathy for her sometimes, because she's quite prickly by nature. Let Brad and Lauren have each other if that's what they want, though last time, when Lauren had a different head, I recall their relationship didn't last very long.

I think that's what we will see in the future a Paul and Terese relationship. I hope so anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I don't blame Terese for trying to get rid of Paige, when she was trying to get Lauren and Brad back together.
    But she wasn't trying to, yeah see texted her brother saying she would but she didn't go through with it. Terese shouldn't have looked at her phone anyway.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren and Brad are welcome to each other, Terese deserves better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    i have to disagree with you because she did- and especially when it came to planning her birthday party because she wanted them to spend as much time together as possible.
    if that is not trying to get them together by having them and encouraging them to spend as much time together as possible, then i dont know what is!
    terese was simply trying to save her marriage by getting rid of the poison that is paige and yes this was wrong, but i fully understand why she would do this...
    Getting your parents to organise her birthday was hardly as sinister as trying to get someone arrested or move to a different Country and stopping someone seeing their daughter though. Sure Brad is in the wrong too, no doubt about that, but if no one can see Terese is in the wrong too then guess we have to leave this here.

I do agree Terese and Paul make a better couple, Brad and Terese never suited each other imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB- strange statement to make...
    i can see that terese definitely played her part in her marriage collapse but her behaviour was a consequence of the brad and lauren kiss, paige meddling in trying to get her parents back together etc etc...
    she is not blameless but her actions were a direct result of the situation she was put in.
    Not strange at all. Apart from getting her parents to organise her Birthday party, what other meddling has Paige done? I do feel sorry for Terese but she's far too annoying and have been pushing Brad out for a while. Another unacceptable behaviour is trying to get her very own daughter to break the law over something so trivial.
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    absolutely gutted that naomi has left permanently :cry: i do hope she will come back one day but i will really miss her as she was one of my most favourite characters

Me too.I'm gutted about this. I really thought she'd be back.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chzza wrote: »
    I've just read this as well. Do not like :(

At least there is Steph's imminent return. As one door closes another (re)opens - I am looking forward to this.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    It's not just the wine that did it, it was the constant whining, jealousy, plotting to get rid of his daughter the nagging, fighting over silly things, that's enough to drive anyone away. Sure Brad is in the wrong, but Terese played her part in it to.
    Sure, Terese has been driving Brad away this year, but this was not the case last year when he kissed Lauren in Adelaide. Brad and Terese have been married for 20 years, he put up with all of her ways, and showed no signs of feeling worn-down or bullied by her when they arrived. The Adelaide kiss was the catalyst for Terese to progressively get worse (at the time she was trying to accept that he had another kid, which Brad was not very mindful of).

I think it's interesting how Terese inadvertently fanned the flames of her marriage breakdown as a reaction to Brad kissing Lauren, and Lauren subsequently lying and fuelling Terese's paranoia. The root cause of their current situation is simply b/c Brad cheated - that created the woman we see today. Terese was never quite this bad when she first arrived, and I don't think this is completely who she is, either.

I like Terese; I think she's realistic, and I love that she's strong willed and fiery. Sure, living with her on a daily basis would ware thin, but I understand why she does what she does; she's flawed.

Brad and Terese remind me of my parents (minus the cheating and numerous offspring), and I find their marriage breakdown very familiar. I think it would have been better if the Adelaide kiss hadn't of happened, and more emphasis was placed on their conflicting personalities being the cause of the breakdown, leading to Brad cheating.
  • Options
    clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Sure, Terese has been driving Brad away this year, but this was not the case last year when he kissed Lauren in Adelaide. Brad and Terese have been married for 20 years, he put up with all of her ways, and showed no signs of feeling worn-down or bullied by her when they arrived. The Adelaide kiss was the catalyst for Terese to progressively get worse (at the time she was trying to accept that he had another kid, which Brad was not very mindful of).

Brad and Terese remind me of my parents (minus the cheating and numerous offspring), and I find their marriage breakdown very familiar. I think it would have been better if the Adelaide kiss hadn't of happened, and more emphasis was placed on their conflicting personalities being the cause of the breakdown, leading to Brad cheating.

It is obvious that the producers have been working towards Brad and Lauren since 2013, it was fairly predictable that it would happen once they killed Matt off. The thing is that it will probably mean that the producers will not know what to do with Terese and therefore i wouldnt be surprised if they either pair her with Paul at some point or if they just write her out.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    clever3000 wrote: »
    It is obvious that the producers have been working towards Brad and Lauren since 2013, it was fairly predictable that it would happen once they killed Matt off. The thing is that it will probably mean that the producers will not know what to do with Terese and therefore i wouldnt be surprised if they either pair her with Paul at some point or if they just write her out.

I think that is inevitable now that;
    Naomi is leaving permanently
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Paul and Terese are inevitable now.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »

I think it's interesting how Terese inadvertently fanned the flames of her marriage breakdown as a reaction to Brad kissing Lauren, and Lauren subsequently lying and fuelling Terese's paranoia. The root cause of their current situation is simply b/c Brad cheated - that created the woman we see today. Terese was never quite this bad when she first arrived, and I don't think this is completely who she is, either.

I like Terese; I think she's realistic, and I love that she's strong willed and fiery. Sure, living with her on a daily basis would ware thin, but I understand why she does what she does; she's flawed.

Very true. Terese was actually comfortable being around Lauren to begin with, it was Matt who had a problem with Brad and was jealous of him and Lauren's past together. When Terese first learned that Lauren and Lucy were both Brad's ex-girlfriends she was absolutely fine about it and was very friendly with them both. It was the revelation that Brad and Lauren had shared a kiss in Adelaide and their subsequent cosy little secret meetings every five minutes that caused her to become jealous and paranoid and as it turns out she had very good reason to be jealous and paranoid given when has now happened. Brad and Lauren have behaved appallingly yet Terese is the one being made out to be the villain. Other than Imogen not a single other person has commented on how badly Brad and Lauren have behaved. Susan has shocked me the most the way she has reacted to this, completely cold and uncaring towards her supposed friend Terese yet she went through the same thing with Karl and was devastated. Brad has betrayed his wife of 20 years in a massive way and everyone is acting like he forgot to put the bin out and Terese is out of order for giving him a hard time.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true. Terese was actually comfortable being around Lauren to begin with, it was Matt who had a problem with Brad and was jealous of him and Lauren's past together. When Terese first learned that Lauren and Lucy were both Brad's ex-girlfriends she was absolutely fine about it and was very friendly with them both. It was the revelation that Brad and Lauren had shared a kiss in Adelaide and their subsequent cosy little secret meetings every five minutes that caused her to become jealous and paranoid and as it turns out she had very good reason to be jealous and paranoid given when has now happened. Brad and Lauren have behaved appallingly yet Terese is the one being made out to be the villain. Other than Imogen not a single other person has commented on how badly Brad and Lauren have behaved. Susan has shocked me the most the way she has reacted to this, completely cold and uncaring towards her supposed friend Terese yet she went through the same thing with Karl and was devastated. Brad has betrayed his wife of 20 years in a massive way and everyone is acting like he forgot to put the bin out and Terese is out of order for giving him a hard time.

This^^^ is my view too, brilliantly put.
    Lauren seems to be the People's Widow who can do no wrong, and Brad is the poor put upon husband. Strange way of writing it, as Neighbours usually pitches reactions from others at the right level.
    There have been all sorts of subtle signs of Lauren being manipulative and Brad being a wimp who cares only about his own feelings, but none of the other characters voice this and makes me wonder if viewers are supposed to see Terese as the baddie and the gruesome twosome as the good guys.
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the various reactions have been pretty in character but the only one that aggravates me is Susan. She is such a cow not to be on Theresa's side, they are meant to be besties . The old Susan would be right in there comforting her but instead she's giving her the cold shoulder. I also think Lauren could do with being more guilty but I suppose this is showing she's not such a goody two shoes after all.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »

It'd be nice to see them scheming together would make a good power couple
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Paige did not do anything about it, becauase she got caught out. End of the day its not about age, Terese was despreate and believed her marriage to be under threat. I am sure she knew very well it was a big risk but she had to do something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

Oh deffo, It will cause so much drama and Tension lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel sorry for Terese but she's far too annoying and have been pushing Brad out for a while.

Brad had the chance to Leave, When Terese walked out last time. Its clear he "loves" Lauren (so tptb want us to believe). So why go back to his wife if he clearly does not love her any more. He put his lover and his child ahead of his wife and kids. So its only right Terese would breakdown and act out. I am suprised she is not drinking now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Brad had the chance to Leave, When Terese walked out last time. Its clear he "loves" Lauren (so tptb want us to believe). So why go back to his wife if he clearly does not love her any more. He put his lover and his child ahead of his wife and kids. So its only right Terese would breakdown and act out. I am suprised she is not drinking now.

I guess it's because before, everything was in doubt but nothing was concrete; it was all very fluid which is what drove her to drink. Whereas now, everything is out in the open so she has some fire in her belly.
  • Options
    WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the character of Matt was killed off because the actor wanted to leave, or because the producers had always planned for that to happen to facilitate the Brad and Lauren affair. It certainly seemed convenient to pushing the storyline forwards. Lauren will have to get with Brad eventually I'd imagine because the likelihood is Amber and Paige wont be here this time next year and that will make the character of Lauren redundant if not paired off.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chzza wrote: »
    Same. Was very surprised to read her exit is permanent. :(
This discussion has been closed.