Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they are just waiting for this FIFA news to move out of the news cycle, as your new manager news might not get the same sort of coverage that it should if done outwith those headlines.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking news Klopp agrees :) all over the news.
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,487
    Forum Member
    Good, job done. Welcome Mr Klopp to our now even more fabulous club!! :D
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Breaking news Klopp agrees :) all over the news.

Yep
    Sky Sports News HQVerified account
    @SkySportsNewsHQ
    SKY SOURCES: Jurgen Klopp agrees to become Liverpool manager #SSNHQ

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been this happy since 2005, he will bring noise back to anfield he really suits us :D
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Question is if klopp does come will he get the money to improve the squad?

You would think so yes but that would also mean having to sell players.

The squad isnt awful by any stretch of the imagination. Its whether he believes he has the players to implement the style he wants.
    Liverpool insist they don’t fear losing Philippe Coutinho as Jurgen Klopp prepares to take over at Anfield.

Manchester City have become the latest club to be linked with a move for the talented Brazil international, who has also attracted interest from Barcelona.

However, the Reds are adamant that Coutinho won’t be sold and they see him as crucial to spearheading a bright new future under Klopp.

City lured Raheem Sterling away from Liverpool in a £49million deal back in the summer but the difference there was that the England international had entered the final two years of his contract.

In contrast Coutinho, who cost the Reds £8.5million from Inter Milan in 2013, only penned a new deal in February and is under contract until 2020.

The 23-year-old’s Brazil team-mate David Luiz recently suggested Coutinho could leave if Liverpool don’t qualify for the Champions League this season.

“Coutinho made the choice to stay at Liverpool without Champions League football this season,” he said.

“I don’t think he will make that choice again. If Liverpool don’t qualify this season for the Champions League, I am sure he will be the most in demand player in Europe next summer.

“Already Barcelona are interested, but we can expect more clubs than that. Any club would want him.”

However, the player’s agent Kia Joorabchian has reassured Liverpool that Coutinho sees his future at Anfield.

“Philippe is extremely happy at Liverpool,” he said.

“He signed a long-term contract towards the end of last season that represents his ambition and his feeling for Liverpool. Reports that I have been talking to clubs about Philippe are not true.

“His aspirations are to qualify for the Champions League with Liverpool this season and to win a trophy. That is all that he is focused on - nothing else.”

Coutinho was forced to drop out of the Brazil squad this week due to a groin injury suffered in last weekend’s derby with Everton. It is unclear yet whether he will be fit for Klopp’s first game in charge at Tottenham next Saturday.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    On the RedmenTV they mentioned Klopp wanting to sign Benteke a few years ago. So he at least might be in his plans.

If he wants players to press and close down further up the pitch then Joe Allen might be safe, he's most effective defending in the opposition half. But he might also sell him for funds. Lovren I can see getting sold. Mignolet might also be at risk in January or the summer.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that has made things a lot more interesting, well done on this appointment.

My liking for Klopp now decreases accordingly.;-) :(
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome Mr Klopp. Impress me, please.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I'm a happy man today. :D
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    What a day!

Kloppo!!!
  • Options
    mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On official website, press conference been called for tomorrow morning 10am, wonder what that will be about....:D
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Anfield Jurgen Klopp :)
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been viewing Liverpool forums and someone thinks they've found Klopps plane on flight radar.

http://www.flightradar24.com/LNX30HY/7a51984

It's quite addictive watching the flight path. I have to watch it to the end now to see if it does land at Liverpool airport. I will be incandescent with rage if it doesn't/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Press conference tomorrow at 10am. I'm in a lecture then...

Would it be possible for Ormskirk to have a real bad snowstorm, but only Ormskirk? Y'know, the type that kills old people and keeps kids out of school? Then I'd get to stay home and watch it.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On official website, press conference been called for tomorrow morning 10am, wonder what that will be about....:D

Please keep Ayre away from the Visa application. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I've been viewing Liverpool forums and someone thinks they've found Klopps plane on flight radar.

http://www.flightradar24.com/LNX30HY/7a51984

It's quite addictive watching the flight path. I have to watch it to the end now to see if it does land at Liverpool airport. I will be incandescent with rage if it doesn't/

The flight information has just been updated. Plane to land at Liverpool airport at 5.06p.m.

This is addictive. (he's probably not even on that plane).
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who will be Klopp buy first from Borussia Dortmund ?

Southampton fans must be breathing a sigh of relief.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    feckit wrote: »
    Who will be Klopp buy first from Borussia Dortmund ?

Southampton fans must be breathing a sigh of relief.

Reus and Gundogan will do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Reus and Gundogan will do.

Sorry, Lovren, Hummels wants your job.

Can Markovic be recalled? Even if he can I doubt he will be, but Klopp might like him. He could work wonders with Ibe, too.

It makes Balotelli a bit less certain, too. He'll probably be sold in the summer but it's not as certain as it was a week ago. The way he likes his teams to play though suggests Balotelli won't cut it, would be too lazy.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great news! :)

welcome to Liverpool Klopp!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His plane has landed whilst describing a big 5 with the flight path for 5 times European Champions.

https://twitter.com/Kop305/status/652152666311647232/photo/1

I can rest easy now. That was quite exhilarating (and a bit sad).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there only me who doesn't give two shits about all this FIFA news.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Klopp thread on RAWK is absolutely mental. Love it.
This discussion has been closed.