Options

Little Mix - Love Me Like You

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think when they return they'll be in serious promo mode for LMLY and the album.

LMLY moves up to the B list on R1, and is now on R2's playlist. The streaming side is the real weakness so far as the song hasn't moved up from the mid 50s on Spotify. Its been holding pretty steady on iTunes around #14-#17.

Acoustic version on Sunrise in Sydney.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNdLEc-5F8A
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11 Calvin Harris & Disciples 27,960
    12 Phillip George & Anton Rogers 27,574
    16 Olly Murs 23,658
    20 The 1975 21,262
    19 MNEK & Zara Larsson 21,273

24 Fetty Wap feat. Monty 18,326
    31 LM Black Magic
    32 LM Love Me Like You

46 Nick Jonas 10,804
    49 5 Seconds of Summer 10,148
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,636
    Forum Member
    21-30-32 might not look impressive but the charts are going through a radical change at the moment. Some songs taking a few weeks to take off, whilst others are taking much much longer.

Eg; The Hills by The Weeknd finally going top 10 in its 21st week inside the chart. Thanks mainly to the Eminem and Nicki Minaj remixes that were added to iTunes last week.

Love Me Like You has now been given an additional single release. Listening to the reggae mix now and it made me laugh but purely because it somehow works really well in that style. :p lol The Christmas mix is a bit pointless. It's basically the single version with added sleigh bells - doesn't really add anything to the song.

Might be interesting to see how Lightning does. It's 79p on iTunes and is the song being purchased the most from this single bundle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday Update Top 40 Only
    Missing Data: Apple Music (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday), Spotify (Monday)

Singles

28 Little Mix - Love Me Like You

Pretty much where it was last week at this time. They are starting up UK promo with a radio tour. Looks like Birmingham and Manchester are the first stops.
    https://twitter.com/lilmixupdater/status/656464649618128897

Little Mix ‏@LittleMix 7h
    UK Mixers! We’re back on the road tomorrow on our #LoveMeLikeYouRadioTour 🚌 First stop Birmingham! The Girls x

The Monday update with most streaming missing so it was mostly a sales chart had BM at #32 and Weird People at #36.

Oh and interestingly:

1 KDA feat. Tinie Tempah & Katy By - Turn The Music Louder (Rumble) (40.3k) *
    2 One Direction - Perfect (34.3k) *

It seems to me 1D is a lot more popular in the US than the UK at this point.

BTW Hitstastic, I lost count on estimated sales for LMLY up to now, care to make a guess? Its way more than a preorder would have done at this same point in time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMLY is on Radio 2's A list
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist

The song is now on the A list of both R1 and R2. Both LM songs are still on Capital too. This song better strat being heard on radio by everybody now.
  • Options
    SummerShudderSummerShudder Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to break this to you guys but Little Mix did not write this song, nor did they write Black Magic. OP I suggest you change the title of this thread and acknowledge the people who wrote the song. It's as much a Little Mix song as it would be mine if I sung it on Karaoke night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to break it to you but Judy Garland did not write "Over the Rainbow" and its eternally referenced as her song because she made it famous.
  • Options
    ea95ea95 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to break this to you guys but Little Mix did not write this song, nor did they write Black Magic. OP I suggest you change the title of this thread and acknowledge the people who wrote the song. It's as much a Little Mix song as it would be mine if I sung it on Karaoke night.

Are you actually for real :confused:
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Jones didn't write 'It's not Unusual'. He actually recorded it as a demo for Sandie Shaw. Pop history could have been so different. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we've all been wondering when the LMLY promo kicks in, this is looking like it (along with promoting the album itself) *thanks to siriusrose

1st November - X Factor (UK) - Performing
    4th November - The Ellen Show (US) - Performing (not sure which song, Black Magic?)
    8th November - BBC One's Teen Awards (UK) - Performing
    10th December - The BBC Awards (UK) - Performing
    ?? December - The Royal Variety Show (UK) - Performing broadcast (actual performance on Nov. 13)
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ea95 wrote: »

I take it you haven't seen the other thread that poster has going currently?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2112937

:D:D:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea95 wrote: »

Is what I said inaccurate? What part are you confused about? Do you think Little Mix wrote it or something? Bless you....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you haven't seen the other thread that poster has going currently?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2112937

:D:D:kitty:

Irishguy is a Little Mix fan...should have guessed it :D He ran away screaming in the other thread never to return when I started name dropping bands...guess he feels more at home debating the finer arts of bubblegum pop...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is what I said inaccurate? What part are you confused about? Do you think Little Mix wrote it or something? Bless you....

Which part are YOU confused about? No one, certainly not Little Mix themselves ever took writing credit for the song. Its "their" song because "they" are releasing this version of it with "their" vocals on "their" label.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which part are YOU confused about? No one, certainly not Little Mix themselves ever took writing credit for the song. Its "their" song because "they" are releasing this version of it with "their" vocals on "their" label.

How much would you enjoy the song if there was no music and only their vocals on it? There's 5 of them in the band yet they still need help writing songs. Not that I think the bands I listen to are superior to Little Mix in any way of course....
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, I would love to see a chart battle of Little Mix vs SummerShudder's karoke version...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much would you enjoy the song if there was no music and only their vocals on it? There's 5 of them in the band yet they still need help writing songs. Not that I think the bands I listen to are superior to Little Mix in any way of course....

They have 5 now? Thats news to me. Pray tell who is the fifth member? Is that another "fact"?

How much would I enjoy the songs if performed with weak croaky vocals? I dont like Bob Dylan performing his own songs frankly, I prefer better singers performing them. And why put the onus on the performers? Why dont you ask why the songwriters dont put themselves out there to hawk themselves as performers? Maybe they arent good enough in that area?

I'm sure the Gershwins were just seething with resentment that other people were singing their songs. Frank Sinatra must have been twirling his Snidely Whiplash moustache over having pulled one over all those songwriters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have 5 now? Thats news to me. Pray tell who is the fifth member? Is that another "fact"?

How much would I enjoy the songs if performed with weak croaky vocals? I dont like Bob Dylan performing his own songs frankly, I prefer better singers performing them. And why put the onus on the performers? Why dont you ask why the songwriters dont put themselves out there to hawk themselves as performers? Maybe they arent good enough in that area?

I'm sure the Gershwins were just seething with resentment that other people were singing their songs. Frank Sinatra must have been twirling his Snidely Whiplash moustache over having pulled one over all those songwriters.

Weak croaky vocals? Is that how Little Mix sound when the auto tune fails? Or is the backing track they sing to when "live" hiding it.

I don't listen to Bob Dylan either. So I am not going to argue that point.

Believe it or not there are many artists out there who sing well and write their own songs.

Have no issue with you liking Little Mix's music. But surely the 100 page threads of them are not necessary. As if they are the second coming. Meanwhile I can't see any threads on Foals' last album? What is the world coming to?

Frank Sinatra? Not my cup of tea. I like a good drum beat in my music.

The songwriters can't perform them because they don't have the image required to sell the product. Meanwhile again that hasn't held back the bands I listen to.

And having watched a few Katy Perry "performances" I'm pretty sure the talent lies in the songwriting rather than the performances...as I didn't see much talent on display in the latter.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,636
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
    BTW Hitstastic, I lost count on estimated sales for LMLY up to now, care to make a guess? Its way more than a preorder would have done at this same point in time.

Have to admit, I've not really been following the sales of Love Me Like You but I'd guess the song so far has sold roughly 58k but it might be slightly higher.

It's returned to the iTunes top 20 and according to Kworb its gaining on R. City's Locked Out and Ellie Goulding's On My Mind so they might switch places in the next hour or two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weak croaky vocals? Is that how Little Mix sound when the auto tune fails? Or is the backing track they sing to when "live" hiding it.

No hiding here, just their voices and a guitar in Australia recently.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=m87OCP8GK5E

I can predict the response though. "I dont need to listen to it" (because it would refute my argument) but anyone else reading can enjoy the acoustic if they wish.

So what about that fifth member? Who is it?
  • Options
    ea95ea95 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never for a moment thought that they wrote it because never have they claimed to have done so. In every interview, they have been forthcoming about the fact that certain songs on this album like Black Magic were written for them, and they always mention the names of the people they have co-written with or who wrote the song for them. They can't seem to win if they write with others or if they don't write at all? I don't know what your issue is with them, because you always seem to bring them up when you rant about writing credits. It is not a necessity for singers to write or produce their own songs anymore, but I applaud the fact that these girls, who so many believe to be puppets because of where they came from, have written (or co-written, let me be more specific) so many of the songs that they released, compared to other artists who write absolutely nothing. You really need to take your bitterness elsewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    It's returned to the iTunes top 20 and according to Kworb its gaining on R. City's Locked Out and Ellie Goulding's On My Mind so they might switch places in the next hour or two.

Er there's quite a gap up to those 2 songs so I dont see that happening. What is encouraging is that the song seems to be responding to increased airplay.
  • Options
    Stardust11Stardust11 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't listen to Bob Dylan either. So I am not going to argue that point.

Believe it or not there are many artists out there who sing well and write their own songs.

Have no issue with you liking Little Mix's music. But surely the 100 page threads of them are not necessary. As if they are the second coming. Meanwhile I can't see any threads on Foals' last album? What is the world coming to?

Frank Sinatra? Not my cup of tea. I like a good drum beat in my music.

The songwriters can't perform them because they don't have the image required to sell the product. Meanwhile again that hasn't held back the bands I listen to.

And having watched a few Katy Perry "performances" I'm pretty sure the talent lies in the songwriting rather than the performances...as I didn't see much talent on display in the latter.

You could just not click on the thread if it bothers you that much. Maybe it's because there are more people on here who prefer LM than some run-of-the-mill indie band who wouldn't know originality if it slapped them on their hipster haircuts.

No-one's claiming that LM have written BM or LMLY, including the band themselves. If you don't like LM, fair enough. But at least educate yourself if you're going to troll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think this poster is more concerned about the lack of interest for their favorite acts, rather than any subjective quality criteria. Going back to this poster's original statement
    It's as much a Little Mix song as it would be mine if I sung it on Karaoke night.

LOVE ME LIKE YOU (Legal Title)
    BMI Work #19069309

Songwriter/Composer Current Affiliation CAE/IPI #
    JAMES IAIN PRS 551501779
    MAC STEVE PRS 257395141
    NEWMAN JAMES RICHARD PRS 636444735
    PURCELL CAMILLE PRS 680364929

Publishers
    SONGS OF KOBALT MUSIC PUBLISHING BMI 401084411
    Additional Non-BMI Publishers

Artists
    LITTLE MIX

That "artist" accreditation does in fact register this version legally as theirs, with performance royalties given to them if this particular recording is used or reproduced. So yes, without the irrelevant sidetracking, this is in fact their song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another standout performance on XF last night with a LMLY/Black Magic mashup and its giving both songs a boost. LMLY #11 on iTunes now.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jkmFUWIHfs0