Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion 40 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one watch the latest NxT??

If so, did I miss something, who was the guy who was playing the guitar in the promo??

Please don't say it was a repackaged James Storm!

It was Elias Samson. Don't know too much about him but he has been used as a jobber on nxt before.

Did you notice though that song he sang in his promo was a brief history of the NXT title? 'Now it's with the Demon, a poor man's work of art'
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Elias Samson. Don't know too much about him but he has been used as a jobber on nxt before.

Did you notice though that song he sang in his promo was a brief history of the NXT title? 'Now it's with the Demon, a poor man's work of art'

Ahh, I didn't notice the lyrics, being honest, I thought that it was the WWE doing a rubbish repacking job of James Storm, so I didn't really pay attention to them.

So I thank you for the update and the info on who it was.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    But the memories of him as ref low-blowing Ryback in the main-event of HIAC 2012 live on. :D

WWE really screwed that mach up big time. They had a chance to get Ryback super over either winning the belt or still have him over in some way to keep him strong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also was that the same Jesse Sorensen that was in TNA a while back?
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope it is not
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it was?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope it is not
    Yeah, it was?

Well that clears things up a bit!:D
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What actually happened to WWE Vintage Collection?

I thought about if it was airing but according to wikipedia says on UK Sky Sports till 2014.

Im guessing when that new deal came out when they made NXT a Network exclusive they stopped Vintage or is it still on there or maybe its online only? Or only available in the foreign market?

Any ideas?

it was on eurosport in european countries i dont know if still does thought
  • Options
    DefyTheOddsDefyTheOdds Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    just reading about the main event from this weeks NXT, without giving out spoilers for people who still have to see it. according to reports it is everything that wrestling matches should have in terms of storytelling, action and getting the crowd invested in what is going on.
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that clears things up a bit!:D

*Panto mode*

OH YES, IT IS!

(He actually is.)
  • Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Nice analogy, and very true. Same thing with bringing back ADR.

I disagree, however, that the reason Jericho returning would be met with a whimper rather than a bang, is because he has done it so often. The Undertaker disappearing and returning happened like clockwork, and yet we still popped for it, and eagerly anticipated it.

The reality is that, for Jericho, post-Punk (which was admittedly a great program), all of his returns have been damp squibs. Some decent matches, sure, but Jericho was always made out to be a chump. Lost to Ziggler, Barrett, Fandango, Ryback etc. The problem is that none of those talents have gone anywhere since, so Jericho looks like a mid-card jobber.

Please don't take this as Jericho hatred either. I love the guy. One of my all-time favourites, and as far as I'm concerned, the most misused wrestler of the last 25 years.

Great points, nicely put.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

The one TNA fired after getting him to sign a contract saying he wouldn't sue them with a promice of a job for life after he broke his neck in a match.

Yeah that's the one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    *Panto mode*

OH YES, IT IS!

(He actually is.)
    The one TNA fired after getting him to sign a contract saying he wouldn't sue them with a promice of a job for life after he broke his neck in a match.

Yeah that's the one

Yeah I remembered that story, so it is good to see him back in a major federation, wrestling again.

Thanks for clearing things up you two!
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up with this weeks NXT.Without a doubt probably the strangest thing to take place at a wrestling event was the guy in the front row reading a book

efa9ebd0ac34f790bce61a06f97b1cae.jpg
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since this thread is rightly quiet as hell at the moment thought I might add a few topics that might at least get some posts going.

Topic 1: If you had 3 things related to WWE you'd put in Room 101 what would they be? Could be a superstar, gimmick, match type, PPV or particular piece of booking.

That said I'm not sure stuff like mid-card booking/Creative etc. should be allowed otherwise it'll be full of stuff like that. :D

Topic 2: If you could've chosen one wrestling event to attend live what would it have been?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1: Jerry Lawler, the term 'Divas' and the HIAC PPV.

2: WM X7
    There's a camera angle which shows the entire crowd leap to their feet during Austin/Rock (I think at WM X7) which looks amazing!
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,024
    Forum Member
    1. Ambrose's stupid clothesline, the Divas title (and I don't even dislike the term Divas the belt is just ugly) and Big Show.

2. Mania 30. Just to have been in the room when the Streak ended.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need to give the 1st question a bit of a think

2.It would be front row at Royal Rumble 1992
  • Options
    Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Room 101

The third hour of Raw
    The term Divas and females employed on looks and who make no effort to improve talents (see Rosa Mendes)
    The member of the full sail crowd who thought it was funny to read a book through Eva Marie vs Bayley.. I can get not wanting to watch Eva but it's as much of an insult to Bayley... Stuff it just put Full Sail crowd in there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I need to give the 1st question a bit of a think

Regarding the first topic, I found that there isn't much that I don't like about WWE. For most things it's mainly just the way they're handled right now. Under other management, they'd be alright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Topic 1: The 619, Alberto Del Rio and that Katie Vick angle.

(I had to use all my mental strength not to throw modern-day Lawler and Brennan in there too).

Topic 2: WM31. To have been there for the Rollins cash-in, Sting's first WWE appearance, THAT RKO etc.
    WM XXX would've been close too - again agree with Hollie that seeing the Streak end in person would be incredible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could have had so many for that second one. Wrestlemania X7 to see that Edge/Jeff spear in person, Survivor Series 2001 because the ending is one of my favourites ever (and I love the PPV as a whole) and Unforgiven 06 for Trish's retirement match.
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    1 - This is awesome chant, Jerry Lawler, the same boring sets at every PPV

2 - WM 30 for me. The Rock, Hogan and Stone Cold opening the show, Daniel Bryan winning the title, end of streak, Cesaro lifting Big Show out the ring. Was a great WM imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oooh This Is Awesome really needs to go, it very rarely is and weakens what truly is awesome lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could have had so many for that second one. Wrestlemania X7 to see that Edge/Jeff spear in person, Survivor Series 2001 because the ending is one of my favourites ever (and I love the PPV as a whole) and Unforgiven 06 for Trish's retirement match.

Ignoring PPVs, I'd love to have been in one of the post Mania Raw crowds.

Probably the 2012 or 2013 ones - I don't remember much of 2014 (bar the Shield heel turn) and being in the crowd in 2015 would've meant enduring both that Sheamus haircut and those moronic 'you suck...' chants in person.
This discussion has been closed.