Options

The Golf Club PS4

Comments

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they've made a course based on paracel storm ? Must be lots of water and par 3s to islands.
    pity it wasnt cross game so I could snipe the golfers.
  • Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add to those four TPC Boston, Bay Hill, TPC Scottsdale (pre order bonus) and the BF4 inspired fantasy course Paracel Storm.

Mmm, not good news re the PGA Tour 15 course list. According to Operation Sports there's just 8 real world, plus Scottsdale if you pre order and 4 fantasy tracks. To context, PGA 14 shipped with 20 licensed courses!

In other news TGC Career mode dlc has been delayed in Europe. HB Studios are hopeful it will be on the store next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news TGC Career mode dlc has been delayed in Europe. HB Studios are hopeful it will be on the store next week.

Career mode dlc is now live, also includes the tropical and delta course themes. £7.99 gets you in.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Preordered PGA 2015. Watched a couple of videos last night & it looks fantastic. I'm glad they've included the 3 click system as I can never hit straight using the thumbsticks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Preordered PGA 2015. Watched a couple of videos last night & it looks fantastic. I'm glad they've included the 3 click system as I can never hit straight using the thumbsticks

Hearing from EA that there will be free 'content' updates post launch, hopefully some additional real world courses. Also that the game will not be an annual release, more of an evolving project, much like TGC.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a golf game. Not sure whether pga or tgc.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »

I found TGC to be very difficult & not as accessible as the PGA games.

I've ordered PGA from here http://www.digitalgamesandgiftcards.com/store/p85/Rory_McIlroy_PGA_Tour_%28Primary_Account%29.html

Used them 5 times now & never had any problems. You can change the email address/password so you can re download them if your PS4 breaks & they work on your account so you can earn trophies, play online etc. I buy all my games from there now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

TGC is top class Allan, but it's more of a sim golfing experience. Don't get me wrong, it's not brutally difficult but the putting in particular takes much practice. I'm presuming you are more of a casual golfer, in which case I think the more accessible nature of the PGA Tour franchise would be more attuned to your needs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicely presented, good looking and sounding video here of PGA Tour in action.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely shot in the 'wind' from Mr Saint, but it all didn't quite go according to plan!? Lol.. I really do need to grow up!
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realize that there was such a big thread for this game. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy it. Am currently using the editor to recreate a local course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realize that there was such a big thread for this game. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy it. Am currently using the editor to recreate a local course.

TGC is quality and resides comfortably in my new gen top five. Only paid 11 quid for it in a PSN sale, for the many hours I've put in that represents top value. In fact the course designer alone is worth the entry fee.

If you want some course reccies give me a shout, there's some real beauts out there.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just bought this myself at weekend. Not had a go at it yet, but looking forward to getting stuck in having read this thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    Just bought this myself at weekend. Not had a go at it yet, but looking forward to getting stuck in having read this thread!

Ahoy, been busy recently so not played much. But add me if you like and you can challenge my ghost rounds. Psn.. Chelsea-Saint
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahoy, been busy recently so not played much. But add me if you like and you can challenge my ghost rounds. Psn.. Chelsea-Saint

Hoping to get some time to get stuck into it over the weekend, so will do!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TGC is currently available for 14 quid or so to Plus members till 2.12. 20 quid to non plus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First in a series of short videos showcasing TGC's Greatest Courses. Btw the course ratings are not my views, but based on the TGC Members who have played the courses. Very useful for TGC newcomers struggling to find the designing talent amidst the many lesser offerings. More to come idc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of courses . . .

I've just published my first course - Sherfield Oaks Waterloo. A recreation of the course in Hampshire. It's far from perfect but if anyone fancies a wizz round go ahead. Just watch the green on the 15th!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More noteworthy designs here in TGC's Greatest Courses 2. All are novice friendly, all are rather beautiful.

Thanks and respect to all the designers, who put a huge amount of effort and time into these wonderfully sculpted courses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passing on PGA for now due to an array of negatives which include some truly embarrassing hole out animations, anomalous ball physics, diminished content and woefully inadequate character generation. Most critically however the games defining feature (aka career mode) lacks polish, diversity, depth and feels kinda soulless. On a positive, TPC Scottsdale is now available free and the famed East Lake GC is also incoming September for zero outlay.

EA PGA Tour Golf Update

Delighted to report that this one is evolving very nicely after the recent 1.4 and 1.5 patches. Most notably those 'truly embarrassing hole out animations' are mercifully no more! The updates also include tweaks to ball physics, stabilty and performance fixes, four new modes of play, two new courses including real world Quail Hollow, with more incoming foc. Yep, I have a strong feeling this blossoming little geezer may well be under that tree come the 25th. Sweet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already become a big fan of The Golf Club.

I'm so far sticking to playing, but I fear it won't be too long before I bite the bullet and lose hours and days of my life on the course designer :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already become a big fan of The Golf Club.

I'm so far sticking to playing, but I fear it won't be too long before I bite the bullet and lose hours and days of my life on the course designer :D

It does truly suck away hours of your life. And then hardly anyone will ever play your course anyway.

Speaking of which . . . . . . see my post above :D:blush::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does truly suck away hours of your life. And then hardly anyone will ever play your course anyway.

Speaking of which . . . . . . see my post above :D:blush::p

:D

I'll give it a go when I get chance to play over the next few days!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

I'll give it a go when I get chance to play over the next few days!

Ha ha - cheers. It was my first attempt so there are a few 'issues'. Mainly the afore mentioned green on the 15th.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can you do shareplay on this? anyone wanna let me have a quick try before i buy?