Options

Messed Up Soap Families

MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The title say it all. Let's talk about how messed up soap families can be. I'll start

The Beales.
Ian having a string of wives is messed up enough. Not only did the first one shoot him, ran away with his kids and slept with his step brother, but he lied to his 2nd wife that his daughter had cancer so she would marry him. His stepson Steven shot Ian's wife Jane meaning that she couldnt have any children. He also pressured his daughter Lucy in having an abortion after she became pregnant even though lucy had promised the baby to jane. After finding out his daughter had died, ian selpt with his ex wife cheating on his then girlfriend Denise Fox. Recently Ian found out that his 10 year old son had killed his 19 year old daughter with a music box and that his ex ex-wife, help cover the murder up. Lucy had died in the house, around the same area where Ian and Janehad DaughterJustGotMurdered sex. Apparently McBeale put the body in her boot and dragged the dead body to the middle of the woods.
Even more recent, Jane allowed an innocent man to go down for the murder commuted by their son Bobby 'go to your room' Beale.

Comments

• Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note that McBeale's apparent crisis of conscience, where she vehemently refused to let an innocent man go down, was prepared to do what it takes to get him off, was all forgotten the moment Kathy rocked up again.

Almost like the nasty ****ing bitch was looking for something else to grab everyones attention and take the spotlight off of her?

I hate the 'poor McBeale, only trying to protect her kids' narrative that clown DTC and Alex Lamb are trying to shove down our throats as if it's highbrow, clever storytelling. The audience have firmly rejected it, and McBeale is objectively as big a villain as the likes of Archie.
  • Options
    Jessica_BobbingJessica_Bobbing Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bartons- ED
    The brothers shag the same woman, one of the brothers has a baby with the womans mum but he continues to date her. The brothers have both tried to kill each other several times, and their mother tried to smother one of them with a pillow.

Just normal family moments.
  • Options
    Zeus89Zeus89 Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dingles in Emmerdale are more messed up than the Beales.
    They have committed crimes and other messed up acts like:
    1) petty theft- Attempted murder (I'm not 100% sure if any have committed murder, this excludes Belle, it was an accident.)
    2) Inbreeding
    3) Having affairs with each other partners
    4) Drunks in their families
    5)The dingle law which is broken repeatedly
    6) Having bullies and violent thugs in their family
    7) Zak and Belle both having mental illness, could be genetic you never know.

overall The Dingles are violent, physco, thugs who are probably up there with the most messed up soap family. I would say the Ewing family in Dallas are also one of soaps messed up families, however all they seem to do is backstab each other so are not as messed up as the dingles I think.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bartons- ED
    The brothers shag the same woman, one of the brothers has a baby with the womans mum but he continues to date her. The brothers have both tried to kill each other several times, and their mother tried to smother one of them with a pillow.

Just normal family moments.

they sound quite like the mitchells
  • Options
    EmmalenaEmmalena Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Where do I begin with Hollyoaks? This might take a while :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeus89 wrote: »
    The Dingles in Emmerdale are more messed up than the Beales.
    They have committed crimes and other messed up acts like:
    1) petty theft- Attempted murder (I'm not 100% sure if any have committed murder, this excludes Belle, it was an accident.)
    2) Inbreeding
    3) Having affairs with each other partners
    4) Drunks in their families
    5)The dingle law which is broken repeatedly
    6) Having bullies and violent thugs in their family
    7) Zak and Belle both having mental illness, could be genetic you never know.

overall The Dingles are violent, physco, thugs who are probably up there with the most messed up soap family. I would say the Ewing family in Dallas are also one of soaps messed up families, however all they seem to do is backstab each other so are not as messed up as the dingles I think.

I agree, and in recent storylines like the Debbie/Ross one the Bartons and the Dingles have been mixing. Debbie is Moses' second cousin and half sister, plus if Debbie and Ross married, Moses sister would also be his step mum. It's just wrong.

Apparently EE is very incestrous as well but I only dip in and out of that show so I don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Note that McBeale's apparent crisis of conscience, where she vehemently refused to let an innocent man go down, was prepared to do what it takes to get him off, was all forgotten the moment Kathy rocked up again.

Almost like the nasty ****ing bitch was looking for something else to grab everyones attention and take the spotlight off of her?

I hate the 'poor McBeale, only trying to protect her kids' narrative that clown DTC and Alex Lamb are trying to shove down our throats as if it's highbrow, clever storytelling. The audience have firmly rejected it, and McBeale is objectively as big a villain as the likes of Archie.

J-B your forgetting that she did it for the greater good, that means we are suppose to accept it and reason with McBeale.

I am just hoping for the day everything comes out, and McBeale get sent down for at least 10 years, but this is EastEnders so she will only get a suspended sentence as they Judge will understand it was for the greater good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B your forgetting that she did it for the greater good, that means we are suppose to accept it and reason with McBeale.

I am just hoping for the day everything comes out, and McBeale get sent down for at least 10 years, but this is EastEnders so she will only get a suspended sentence as they Judge will understand it was for the greater good.

Like dead Kathy with her pathetic 2yr suspended sentence. she should be doing porridge

as for Mcbeale why is no one in the square gossiping about the fact she admitted in court sleeping with max and the fact she has cuckolded Ian and he appears not bothered or are we supposed to believe the rest of the square watch eastenders :D
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She broke a perfectly good bit of chinaware 48 hours after the murder, then had sex with the corpses father on the spot she broke the chinaware and dragged Lucy's lifeless body from. Was that for the greater good?

She let Jake be arrested and be held on remand for the murder. Was that for the greater good?

She stole MyCindy's baby, and when that failed threw a tantrum to get the baby out of Walford entirely, blaming an innocent young girl for the whole thing. Was that for the greater good?

She was all in favour of MyLauren marrying that impotent weasel Beale, in the full knowledge that he couldn't possibly come close to satisfying her every sexual need and desire in the way J-B could. Was that for the greater good?

She kept hold of her brother in law's tenuous 'evidence' of Lucy's murder, just in case she needed to frame him any time soon. As soon as the opportunity arose, she tried to frame him. Was that for the greater good?

When MyCindy was at her wits end over the murder coverup and coercion, McBeale drove her out of the country. Was that for the greater good?

When MyLauren returned to save the day, she did everything she could to make sure Max went down for it, under the pretence of 'doing the right thing'. It was all a sociopathic, manipulative act to save her own skin, she never had any intention of coming clean. Was that for the greater good?

When Kathy came back, the nasty bitch McBeale conveniently forgot about her conscience and doing the right thing. Was that for the greater good?

When McBeale came across Lucy's freshly killed body, she didn't even consider that she might still be alive. Oh no. Thought number one was getting Lucy into the car... To drive her manically to the hospital, begging a doctor to save her life, like any non-sociopathic parental figure would do? No. She stuffed the body into a boot, drove straight to the common, flung the corpse into a ditch, staged a robbery, then went home and slept soundly. Was that for the greater good?

The woman is a nasty, evil sociopath. When is the bitch going to get her comeuppance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She broke a perfectly good bit of chinaware 48 hours after the murder, then had sex with the corpses father on the spot she broke the chinaware and dragged Lucy's lifeless body from. Was that for the greater good?

She let Jake be arrested and be held on remand for the murder. Was that for the greater good?

She stole MyCindy's baby, and when that failed threw a tantrum to get the baby out of Walford entirely, blaming an innocent young girl for the whole thing. Was that for the greater good?

She was all in favour of MyLauren marrying that impotent weasel Beale, in the full knowledge that he couldn't possibly come close to satisfying her every sexual need and desire in the way J-B could. Was that for the greater good?

She kept hold of her brother in law's tenuous 'evidence' of Lucy's murder, just in case she needed to frame him any time soon. As soon as the opportunity arose, she tried to frame him. Was that for the greater good?

When MyCindy was at her wits end over the murder coverup and coercion, McBeale drove her out of the country. Was that for the greater good?

When MyLauren returned to save the day, she did everything she could to make sure Max went down for it, under the pretence of 'doing the right thing'. It was all a sociopathic, manipulative act to save her own skin, she never had any intention of coming clean. Was that for the greater good?

When Kathy came back, the nasty bitch McBeale conveniently forgot about her conscience and doing the right thing. Was that for the greater good?

When McBeale came across Lucy's freshly killed body, she didn't even consider that she might still be alive. Oh no. Thought number one was getting Lucy into the car... To drive her manically to the hospital, begging a doctor to save her life, like any non-sociopathic parental figure would do? No. She stuffed the body into a boot, drove straight to the common, flung the corpse into a ditch, staged a robbery, then went home and slept soundly. Was that for the greater good?

The woman is a nasty, evil sociopath. When is the bitch going to get her comeuppance?

What they should do is hang McBeale and then that will be for the greater good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are mostly right apart from the bit in bold.

I suspect it was definitely for the greater good
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmalena wrote: »
    Where do I begin with Hollyoaks? This might take a while :p

There's the McQueens who most have had abusive relationships and have been abused. Reenie was abused by Derek and Porsche, Celine and Cleo were all abused by Pete. Aside all of the family retconning over the years I do like them and they provide great episodes.

Then there's the Roscoes who seem to share girlfriends like it's nobody's business. Lindsey was with Joe for 10 years then suddenly had an affair with Freddie now Holly is having an affair with Robbie whilst still with Jason. Also, Darren Osborne suddenly being revealed as their half brother was a bit screwed up and we didn't get a proper explanation either.

I think the most messed up family is the Blakes. Getting pregnant with your half brothers baby at 14 who you didn't know was your brother then kidnapping him and forcing him to marry you is a bit screwed up. Then again though having your father lock you in a basement for 9 months until you give birth then being told your baby has died has got to do something to frazzle your brain!
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitchells

There is so much to say about this screwed up family yet I cannot word some of it so I am going to point out what I can which is
    alcoholism
    The stuff with Lisa
    Courtney
    Stella abusing Ben
    Ben abusing Phil's daughter Louise
    Ben murdering Heather and the cover-up
    Ben is gay yet in a straight relationship to hide his sexuality
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

THE GREATER GOOD! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks- The Blakes
    Emmerdale- The Dingles, The Barton's, The Sugdens
    Eastenders- The Mitchells, The Brannings, The Cottons, The Beales
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be the Mitchell's from EastEnders surely?
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna try to do the recent Mitchell dodgyness as their past is too long and messed up

Peggy gets with her brother Iaw Archie. Archie gets with Peggys ex step daughter. Archie is a rapist. He raped his own daughter and took her child from her telling her she died. He then was kinda responsible for Danielle's death. Also the Ronnie's miscarriage.
    Phil sleeps with his aunt and is a raging crackhead who sets fire to the Pub and family home after his mum locks him up for his own good. Phils son Ben goes from ballet boy to smack you down and kills his friend who is also the best friend of Phils ex, Shirley. Ronnie swaps her dead baby for Kat's living one and keeps it for months leading to the whole square including Kat to think that Kat baby had died. She also kills a man with the boot of a car and had his dead body crushed along with the car. Recently she tried to have her sisters fiance poisoned. Roxy has slept with two of her sisters husbands, with both sibling having had kids with Jack Branning. She recently moved in with a rapist and grassed over her sister to the police. Billy Mitchell nicks post. Ben Mitchell, whilst being gay is with psycho pet killer AbI, whilst lusting for transvestite funeral director grandson, Paul. The two once had a bunk up next to a dead body
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^

Ben's stepmother is his actual mother's step daughter.

Ben's father is his step fathers's son in law.

Ben's stepmother is now also his step sister.

Both Sharon's fathers/ Ben's step granddads came back from the dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MutantX wrote: »
    I'm gonna try to do the recent Mitchell dodgyness as their past is too long and messed up

Peggy gets with her brother Iaw Archie. Archie gets with Peggys ex step daughter. Archie is a rapist. He raped his own daughter and took her child from her telling her she died. He then was kinda responsible for Danielle's death. Also the Ronnie's miscarriage.
    Phil sleeps with his aunt and is a raging crackhead who sets fire to the Pub and family home after his mum locks him up for his own good. Phils son Ben goes from ballet boy to smack you down and kills his friend who is also the best friend of Phils ex, Shirley. Ronnie swaps her dead baby for Kat's living one and keeps it for months leading to the whole square including Kat to think that Kat baby had died. She also kills a man with the boot of a car and had his dead body crushed along with the car. Recently she tried to have her sisters fiance poisoned. Roxy has slept with two of her sisters husbands, with both sibling having had kids with Jack Branning. She recently moved in with a rapist and grassed over her sister to the police. Billy Mitchell nicks post. Ben Mitchell, whilst being gay is with psycho pet killer AbI, whilst lusting for transvestite funeral director grandson, Paul. The two once had a bunk up next to a dead body

:o:o:o:o:o
    My brain was not ready for that!
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Mitchells

There is so much to say about this screwed up family yet I cannot word some of it so I am going to point out what I can which is
    alcoholism
    The stuff with Lisa
    Courtney
    Stella abusing Ben
    Ben abusing Phil's daughter Louise
    Ben murdering Heather and the cover-up
    Ben is gay yet in a straight relationship to hide his sexuality

Ben has the perfect excuse, he's had five different heads he was bound to be a bit confused :p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    ^^^

Ben's stepmother is his actual mother's step daughter.

Ben's father is his step fathers's son in law.

Ben's stepmother is now also his step sister.

Both Sharon's fathers/ Ben's step granddads came back from the dead.

Okay that has to win, incredibly messed up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay that has to win, incredibly messed up!

Shagging in a morgue is positively pedestrian in comparison! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched Eastenders but reading this thread is just... gawd. Please tell me Ben never had kids?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched Eastenders but reading this thread is just... gawd. Please tell me Ben never had kids?

Um, just the one, with his Uncle Billy's grand daughter. :D
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Um, just the one, with his Uncle Billy's grand daughter. :D

Yes dear but it felt like someone else entirely :p