Options

Rihanna - ANTI (8th Studio Album)

Comments

• Options
    shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her with Eminem during the Monster tour and she was really good. It's hard to hold your own against Em, He's riveting. But she did fine.
    Full capacity at Rose Bowl is 106,000 people but the back section was closed. Still, really large venue. I think having Eminem with her (they took the stage together to open the show and floated back and forth), loosened things up. She seemed pretty chill. Not a lot of crowd interaction that's true.
    A lot of tracks used, although on Stay it seemed to be just her. Felt emotional and it was the high light of the show for her, no doubt. I'd see her again, preferably in a smaller space.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her live performances of Stay and Diamonds recently have been fantastic. She has a great voice when she puts the effort into it.

Her recent set at Rock In Rio was one of her best ever shows I think. So much energy and interaction. It's on YouTube for those interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R3: Closet is now open on ANTIdiaRy. This represents the Good Girl Gone Bad era and sees Rihanna change from the white dress and also her hair changes colour. Not a particularly interesting room to be honest though.

It looks as though another rumoured release date is going to pass us by this evening without any sign of the album. I think judging by the pace of the rooms opening we're looking at another 2 weeks minimum before the album is released. It could come next week but I don't get the feeling that it will. I can't actually imagine it coming out tbh. It seems almost mythical :D.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna has grown as a performer and a vocalist

Anyone seen her good girl gone bad tour dvd? I have. She was a mess. Her vocals were all over the place and she had no connection to the audience or any stage presence. Cut to her Loud tour dvd, it's the total opposite and like watching a totally different artist. I had the pleasure of seeing her Diamonds tour. Front row. She was fantastic. Ok, she's no Madonna or Kylie. But it doesn't matter. She was incredible. I rate her head and shoulders above the overrated Beyonce, whose performances are essentially the same for every tour. Beyonce only trumps her on vocals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest is that there's some sort of scavenger hunt type thing going on with fans being sent boxes with combination codes. Inside the boxes are keys and there are also physical rooms set up in various cities across the US which people are supposed to go and find. Basically chaos and I have no idea what relevance any of it has to the album :D.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was excited for about 5 seconds yesterday when I saw she's coming to nearby Cardiff on her tour next year, until I saw that she's playing the stadium, not the arena! No thanks, I despise stadium gigs with a passion! Ah well, at least I got to see her on her Loud tour. It was a really enjoyable show. I look forward to her new album, whenever it's eventually released. :-)
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone actually excited for this album? I suppose I am excited but my excitement is balanced out by my extreme frustration and disappointment over this huge delay. And now she has the audacity to do weeks of "teasers"? Just release the damn album Rihanna you ****. Your fans have waited long enough. No one cares for pretentious clips of you stumbling round a house, trying to build anticipation for an album that should've come out at least 12 months ago. Your fans have waited long enough.
  • Options
    samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna has grown as a performer and a vocalist

Anyone seen her good girl gone bad tour dvd? I have. She was a mess. Her vocals were all over the place and she had no connection to the audience or any stage presence. Cut to her Loud tour dvd, it's the total opposite and like watching a totally different artist. I had the pleasure of seeing her Diamonds tour. Front row. She was fantastic. Ok, she's no Madonna or Kylie. But it doesn't matter. She was incredible. I rate her head and shoulders above the overrated Beyonce, whose performances are essentially the same for every tour. Beyonce only trumps her on vocals.

beyonce is another level to rihanna
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I have seen Rihanna in concert twice and Beyonce once. I have to say from my experience Rihanna was really rubbish at connecting with the crowd where as Beyonce's concert is probably the best concert I have and will have ever been to in my life!!! It was just amazing!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather we didn't turn this thread into a Beyonce v Rihanna debate to be honest but then again there's nothing much else to discuss :p. Beyonce's vocals are obviously better but Rihanna has a better discography imo.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I'd rather we didn't turn this thread into a Beyonce v Rihanna debate to be honest but then again there's nothing much else to discuss :p. Beyonce's vocals are obviously better but Rihanna has a better discography imo.

Agreed Beyonce is a great performer and vocalis, but Rihanna musically and artistically interests me more. I like Beyonce's last two albums whereas with Riri everything save for MOTS.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Is anyone actually excited for this album? I suppose I am excited but my excitement is balanced out by my extreme frustration and disappointment over this huge delay. And now she has the audacity to do weeks of "teasers"? Just release the damn album Rihanna you ****. Your fans have waited long enough. No one cares for pretentious clips of you stumbling round a house, trying to build anticipation for an album that should've come out at least 12 months ago. Your fans have waited long enough.

I wouldn't get too excited http://www.inquisitr.com/2612364/rihanna-still-not-finished-with-anti-fans-freak-after-seeing-photo-of-bbhmm-singer-in-studio/

This is getting beyond a joke now. when she announced the tour, I thought that meant the album was nearly ready for released. it starts in bloody February and still no idea whats happening with the album with only like 3 weeks of 2015 left. I'm going to see her in June at Hampden Park, Glasgow and the way things are going, gawd knows if the album will be out by then :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R4: Tattoo Parlour is now open in ANTIdiaRy.

This room represents the Rated R era and there's some subtle hints towards her relationship with Chris Brown in this room. It shows Rihanna taking control and is a very dark eerie setting.

We're halfway to R8 :D.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay a shout out to Rated R, still her best and my favourite. I've always had great love for the edgier more urban Rihanna I know alot of people don't rate Unapologetic but for me minus a few mishaps one of her best and a return to form after the okay loud and the great album that never was Talk That Talk. So hoping Anti returns us a more perosonal, deeper if not necessarily darker Rihanna.

And slow maybe but each room represents an era so hopefully come room 8 we might actually get Anti :o:confused:. But then again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rated R is just a sublime album. I'd like to think this album will channel that level of cohesion and meaning. Unapologetic was her most cohesive effort since then regardless of the urban sound which many didn't seem to enjoy.
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she puts on a show like The Rock in Rio show, then she's going to be rocking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur_uzaVxYKo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are they not releasing the album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why are they not releasing the album?

Because she doesn't believe in it yet. The album is just a myth. All interest is waning and it's clear that the cryptic ANTIdiaRy is just something to keep fans occupied and it's failing miserably. R5: Shell opened today incidentally. It shows Rihanna in a bathtub trying to block out a Loud noise.

Only 3 more to go!!!

Seriously though this has to come soon. The number of false starts this campaign has had is getting ridiculous now.

Also I love how Sia has been mouthing off about how Rihanna is still looking for songs for her album and has rejected a load of tracks that Sia had written for her. Just to add to the mess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she doesn't believe in it yet. The album is just a myth. All interest is waning and it's clear that the cryptic ANTIdiaRy is just something to keep fans occupied and it's failing miserably. R5: Shell opened today incidentally. It shows Rihanna in a bathtub trying to block out a Loud noise.

Only 3 more to go!!!

Seriously though this has to come soon. The number of false starts this campaign has had is getting ridiculous now.

Also I love how Sia has been mouthing off about how Rihanna is still looking for songs for her album and has rejected a load of tracks that Sia had written for her. Just to add to the mess.

This is what I think

I think the singles not doing as well as her singles normally do may have made her label scared?
    I think sales are on the decline in music except if you're not called Adele so maybe they were/are scared if they release it...it might flop?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I think

I think the singles not doing as well as her singles normally do may have made her label scared?
    I think sales are on the decline in music except if you're not called Adele so maybe they were/are scared if they release it...it might flop?

I think this album will flop regardless now as they've left it too long. There was interest and hype after FourFiveSeconds regardless of it not being as big as some of her other lead singles. Had they released the album and managed BBHMM correctly then she would've been fine.

I'm concerned that she still doesn't seem to have found a hit single to relaunch this campaign with though. It can't be that difficult surely given that we've seen her put together an album in a matter of weeks in the past and has been offered so many songs. 'Lean On' for example was rejected by Rihanna and has ended up as one of the biggest hits of the year. She's normally the one making a hit when others have missed the potential.

They should just get it over with. If it flops then so be it. The best hope I have now is that the album is actually great but flops just because of the messy campaign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this album will flop regardless now as they've left it too long. There was interest and hype after FourFiveSeconds regardless of it not being as big as some of her other lead singles. Had they released the album and managed BBHMM correctly then she would've been fine.

I'm concerned that she still doesn't seem to have found a hit single to relaunch this campaign with though. It can't be that difficult surely given that we've seen her put together an album in a matter of weeks in the past and has been offered so many songs. 'Lean On' for example was rejected by Rihanna and has ended up as one of the biggest hits of the year. She's normally the one making a hit when others have missed the potential.

They should just get it over with. If it flops then so be it. The best hope I have now is that the album is actually great but flops just because of the messy campaign.

Yeah well said

I hope this isn't going to be Rihanna floating away from releasing good quality music because her last singles...i wasn't impressed with them in all honesty and it seems her fans also were no't considering they didnt do as well as her singles normally do in the charts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    She should just drop the album now and then release higher as a single, job sorted!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think some of her fans were hoping for a Christmas Day release. However Rihanna was at a recording studio 2 nights ago. So :confused::confused:

Anti diary Room 7 is open, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    I think some of her fans were hoping for a Christmas Day release. However Rihanna was at a recording studio 2 nights ago. So :confused::confused:

Anti diary Room 7 is open, though.

Not as far as I can see it isn't :confused:.