Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 10)

dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,271
Forum Member
✭✭
Continuation of: Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

What about those horrendous knickers Sally waved at Tim! As though they were meant to be sexy, they were an awful pattern and looked huge, Sally must only be a size 10 they looked to be about an 18. Were they a pair of the knicker factories finest:o

Comments

• Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dobbybear wrote: »
    What about those horrendous knickers Sally waved at Tim! As though they were meant to be sexy, they were an awful pattern and looked huge, Sally must only be a size 10 they looked to be about an 18. Were they a pair of the knicker factories finest:o

They were ridiculously big, surely they could have found a pair that looked as if they would fit Sally? Just shows how stupid things are at the moment when something like that is too much for them to get right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    I don't watch Corrie that much these days but I wondered tonight, "where does she live exactly?" and where was she at the end of tonight's? Her motor home thing, (where I thought she lived?) hasn't been seen for months. Where's it parked, round the corner or something but it didn't look like she was in there? :confused:

Mary was in Dev's house at the end of the episode, you could see Dev's front door and the hand rail at the bottom of the stairs in the background. She seems to be living there now, although for that to be possible it would need to be a four bedroom house.:confused:
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just watching the omnibus as I nodded off a few times last night (both of boredom and wine ;)

It was the biggest pile of poop the first time round. Second time just reiterated the fact.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary must have gone to get some of her belongings from the camper van that the council took as she was able to produce all her UFO magazines recently to show to the UFO man, can't remember his name.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were ridiculously big, surely they could have found a pair that looked as if they would fit Sally? Just shows how stupid things are at the moment when something like that is too much for them to get right

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Sally would have drowned in them. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Urgh thinking about Sally in knickers makes me throw up in my mouth...
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Lisa_Dale wrote: »

Did Sally buy them or knock them up from factory scraps when Carla wasn't looking ?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Did Sally buy them or knock them up from factory scraps when Carla wasn't looking ?

They didn't look very erotic anyway, more like a huge pair of granny knickers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think I'd rather see Mary in em lol
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa_Dale wrote: »
    Why?:confused: Do you normally prefer to think of her going commando?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    They didn't look very erotic anyway, more like a huge pair of granny knickers.

They're what you call French Knickers, men like them especially with suspenders!:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Why?:confused: Do you normally prefer to think of her going commando?

Then long Victorian knickers, that go down to the knees. Lord knows what lingers....
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    dobbybear wrote: »
    Continuation of: Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

They really were huge :D
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's show was so sugar coated it made me ill. :(

I was expecting an angel falling from the sky in the street scenes.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Last night's show was so sugar coated it made me ill. :(

I was expecting an angel falling from the sky in the street scenes.

Yet the fan forums laud it as one of their best episodes. I'm not a Corrie hater - I'm a very longstanding fan - but it's difficult to understand what there is to like about it at the moment, let alone praise it so highly. :confused:
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Yet the fan forums laud it as one of their best episodes. I'm not a Corrie hater - I'm a very longstanding fan - but it's difficult to understand what there is to like about it at the moment, let alone praise it so highly. :confused:

Best episode?,

The Daily Star headline doesn't see it exactly that way. :p

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/483585/viewers-slate-coronation-street-christmas-special
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Best episode?,

The Daily Star headline doesn't see it exactly that way. :p

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/483585/viewers-slate-coronation-street-christmas-special

My wife was reading tweets to me which left us wondering if they had been been watching an alternative reality version!!!

BTW ... "How was that a Christmas special no drama at all I see why it's for older viewers," another said is really insulting, I guess we older viewers are among the most incensed at the demise of Corrie. We've had "heartwarming" seasonal episodes in the past - but they featured a well-written script, well acted.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,188
    Forum Member
    Did Tyrone arrange for all that snow? It looked like it was in the Barlows' garden too. How much must that have cost? I know Ty's gone into debt to pay for it all but even so, it looked like the type of stunt you'd need to be super rich to finance.

The Christmas episode was weird - it was like they'd totally given up on making it in any way realistic. The outdoor scenes looked like The Andy Williams Christmas Show, or Quality Street or something :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Some people will swallow, without question, whatever rubbish they're fed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Did Tyrone arrange for all that snow? It looked like it was in the Barlows' garden too. How much must that have cost? I know Ty's gone into debt to pay for it all but even so, it looked like the type of stunt you'd need to be super rich to finance.

The Christmas episode was weird - it was like they'd totally given up on making it in any way realistic. The outdoor scenes looked like The Andy Williams Christmas Show, or Quality Street or something :D

It's the weird mix on Corrie, where the production either have a scene look unrealistically expensive (as with the snow) or stupidly amateurish (as with the awful ping pong scenes and Underworld in general)
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,466
    Forum Member
    I find these two characters complete caricatures of their former selves.

I know a lot of people find Sally amusing but she never used to be as silly as she is now.

Her and Gail were feisty girls in their day but some of the drivel they come out with now is unbelievable.

Why the writers feel they have to portray them like this is a mystery to me. Gail simpers and Sally hovers between silly and nasty, as the script requires. Both are snobs. I despair at times. :(

Rant over ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apologies if this has been posted before, but where did Gary have his Christmas dinner? Or did he go off and stay with Eddie wherever?

And Nessa said she'd got to Ken's by bus. On Christmas day? Lucky old Weatherfield having such a good service. Unless revolting Nessa was lying for some reason - maybe she came in a cab but didn't want to let on in case it made her seem too keen :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's the weird mix on Corrie, where the production either have a scene look unrealistically expensive (as with the snow) or stupidly amateurish (as with the awful ping pong scenes and Underworld in general)

I think the ping pong thing could be the silliest SL ever >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member

There is absolutely no way that Tyrone could afford the full cost of covering Coronation Street in snow. The scenes clearly demonstrate that the work was carried out was professional and highly detailed. it wasn't just the pavement and cobbles that were covered but also the roofs and window ledges etc. The very fact that the work carried out was far beyond Tyrone's financial resources suggests that Corrie ended last night in a dream sequence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I think the ping pong thing could be the silliest SL ever >:(

So true!

The scene with Kirk training Aiden while the work (sort of) went on alongside was quite surreal. :o
This discussion has been closed.