Options

Cameron’s new small business tsar jets off to Caribbean island 3 times in 3 months.

Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cameron’s small business tsar has jetted off to the Caribbean island three times in three months

Not bad going for someone who carries the heavy responsibility of being David Cameron’s small business tsar and was recently appointed to the House of Lords by him.

The decision to make her a Tory peer in October was seen as a reward after she opposed Scottish independence and supported the Conservatives at the General Election.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3404118/Baroness-Bra-bados-Cameron-s-small-business-tsar-jetted-Caribbean-island-three-times-three-months.html#ixzz3xYiLnw00

We're all in it together.

Comments

• Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quelle Surprise, this dreadful woman was yet another ridiculous appointment to the House of Lords showing what a joke that chamber is.
  • Options
    johnny_boi_UKjohnny_boi_UK Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any skelves after scraping the barrel?

Woman goes on holiday who cares... take it to the showboz forums
  • Options
    cattygirlcattygirl Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Not on minimum wage then. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any skelves after scraping the barrel?

Woman goes on holiday who cares... take it to the showboz forums

Defending the political elite aye, Nige wouldn't be too pleased with you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take it to the showboz forums

Shes a politician, given a new top job in politics by politician David Cameron, for supporting his political party.

Sounds like you'd like us to pretend that she isn't. I do love the sound of the brush under the carpet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    You'd care if it was Corbyn or someone he'd appointed.. You'd be all over it like a rash.

I find it all pretty disgusting to be honest and more fool you for defending the promotion to the lords for these type of people.

Defending the political elite aye, Nige wouldn't be too pleased with you.

No i wouldnt. I dont care of someone spends their own money to go on holiday. If she claimed this on her expenses this would be newsworthy, she didnt so its not.

Seriously take this to the showbiz forums and you can have a discussion about her bikini and how her fiet has given her a great beach body.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes a politician, given a new top job in politics by David Cameron, for supporting his party.

Sounds like you'd like us to pretend that she isn't. I do love the sound of the brush under the carpet.

Whats the story then

A woman spends her own money to go on holiday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i wouldnt. I dont care of someone spends their own money to go on holiday. If she claimed this on her expenses this would be newsworthy, she didnt so its not.

So you don't care if someone in a top political job is here to do it or not.

I'm afraid I can't think of too many other top jobs requiring huge dedication where within a few months of taking the job the person is allowed to jet off to the other side of the world on continuous holiday breaks.

Sorry. Not buying it. They're having a laugh.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm afraid I can't think of too many other top jobs requiring huge dedication where within a few months of taking the job the person is allowed to jet off to the other side of the world on continuous holiday breaks.

i hope you are not claim that the 'small business tsar ' is a top political job?
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This "top-job requiring huge dedication" involves leading an independent review to encourage further business start-ups and entrepreneurship in disadvantaged communities, including areas of high unemployment. She can claim expenses but is not being paid for doing the review.

If you'd followed her Twitter feed you'd know that she has done much of the hard graft on the job already and as of early January is now at the stage of writing the review for delivery to the Government. My own take is that Mone works unbelievably hard, is well aware of the importance of the task she's been asked to do and is fully supportive of startup businesses. Her review should be well worth reading. For some reason some people have taken badly to her - post #2 on this thread being a good example. Personally, I can't understand why although she doesn't shun the spotlight, maybe that's all it takes. Then again, it never hurt Richard Branson or that other Government appointed Enterprise Champion, Alan Sugar.

She's flying overseas because her boyfriend is there and she wants to be with him. She's paying her way and the reason she's flying so often is that she has commitments back here.

Hatchet job by the Mail. Wretched rag, rots your brain. Surprised you fell for it, Jol.
  • Options
    clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    i hope you are not claim that the 'small business tsar ' is a top political job?

Well, she is amongst a very tiny percentage of the population to be appointed to the House of Lords, where she is able to vote on proposed legislation. And there is no doubt that it was a political appointment. So it would be fair to say she is in a pretty elite political clique.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clinch wrote: »
    Well, she is amongst a very tiny percentage of the population to be appointed to the House of Lords, where she is able to vote on proposed legislation. And there is no doubt that it was a political appointment. So it would be fair to say she is in a pretty elite political clique.

That is true of everyone in the HoLs. Not sure that answers my question.
  • Options
    MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Shes a politician, given a new top job in politics by politician David Cameron, for supporting his political party.

Even by your standards this a desperately pathetic attempt at a wind up
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I prefer the sound of you scraping the bottom of the barrel ! if she was claiming this on official expenses you might have a story as it is she pays her own way so there is no story.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    She's flying overseas because her boyfriend is there and she wants to be with him. She's paying her way and the reason she's flying so often is that she has commitments back here.

Hellfire...who hasn't made a few booty trips in their life? ;-)
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Leader of the opposition?

And for the record I don't care what either of them do with their holidays or weekends - even if it means them standing the queen up.
  • Options
    DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    Tax haven?
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 64,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as well she is responsible for flooding.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She finds plenty of time to fly to the Caribbean which i have no problem with as its her own money but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Appointed to the House of Lords but has yet to speak in any debates

Why be there if you cannot speak about what you believe in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3404118/Baroness-Bra-bados-Cameron-s-small-business-tsar-jetted-Caribbean-island-three-times-three-months.html#ixzz3xaja8U3v
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tax haven?

What Malta? - definately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She finds plenty of time to fly to the Caribbean which i have no problem with as its her own money but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Appointed to the House of Lords but has yet to speak in any debates

Why be there if you cannot speak about what you believe in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3404118/Baroness-Bra-bados-Cameron-s-small-business-tsar-jetted-Caribbean-island-three-times-three-months.html#ixzz3xaja8U3v
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just as well...it would cost the taxpayer at least £300 for her to just turn up...so the longer she spends overseas and getting there on her own dime it actually represents a saving for the tax payer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    What Malta? - definately

Thought it was Barbados.:confused:

Wheeling her designer suitcases and wearing large sunglasses, lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone arrives in Barbados – for the third time in as many months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well...it would cost the taxpayer at least £300 for her to just turn up...so the longer she spends overseas and getting there on her own dime it actually represents a saving for the tax payer.

It does indeed.

Any savings gratefully received after recent overspends............................Sorry i meant expenses.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does indeed.

Any savings gratefully received after recent overspends............................Sorry i meant expenses.:D

:D:D

It's also clocking up on the "non attending" and "non participating" data for the House of Lords...and thus, hopefully and in time contributing positively, to the case for radical reform of the type that will see her out on her thong and others of her ilk never "qualifying" to see the inside of the chamber again ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was Barbados.:confused:

Wheeling her designer suitcases and wearing large sunglasses, lingerie tycoon Michelle Mone arrives in Barbados – for the third time in as many months.

I was taking the mickey as Corbyn's second holiday in three months was in Malta