Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    talkRADIO announces presenter line-up and launch date.

talkRADIO, a brand new personality-driven speech radio station and part of the UTV Media (GB) portfolio of brands, has today announced the station will launch on Monday 21st March 2016, with an exciting variety of renowned presenters at the helm.

Set to shake-up the speech radio category with some bold characters and content, the weekday line-up will feature Paul Ross, Sam Delaney, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Iain Lee and George Galloway, who will be on-air to tackle the topics everyone’s talking about with intelligence, wit and humour. From celebrity culture to the big issues in politics, the station will be strongly personality-led and will feature magazine-style shows from a wide range of topics.

The Breakfast Show (weekdays, 6am – 10am) will be hosted by broadcaster and journalist Paul Ross. His presenting credits include The Big Breakfast, The Paul Ross Show and Most Haunted, with regular contributions to numerous popular shows, from This Morning to The Alan Titchmarsh Show. His incredible brain has seen him win celebrity versions of shows such as Mastermind and The Weakest Link and, when it comes to radio, he’s a veteran, having hosted shows on GLR, LBC and Virgin Radio.

Intelligent and politically astute, Julia Hartley-Brewer is primed for mid-morning (weekdays, 10am – 1pm). A regular on Question Time and Have I Got News For You, Julia has also hosted LBC’s afternoon show and regularly appears on BBC Radio 4. Her journalistic credits span the national media, with a former role as Political Editor for the Sunday Express, and regular columns currently in both The Daily Telegraph and The Independent.

Fast-talking author and broadcaster Sam Delaney has been entertaining talkSPORT listeners as a guest presenter on the station, making him a shoo-in for the sought after talkRADIO Drivetime slot (weekdays, 4-7pm). A former Editor of both Heat magazine and Comedy Central UK, Delaney writes for a wealth of national newspapers and magazines and regularly appears on television across the spectrum.

The launch of talkRADIO sees Iain Lee make a triumphant return to late night radio, presenting from 10pm-1am. Well accustomed to bringing some fun and risqué content to the airwaves, Iain is a broadcaster with a wealth of radio experience, having hosted on XFM, LBC, Absolute and BBC Radio 4. His previous TV credits also include The 11 O’Clock Show on Channel 4 and RI:SE.

Friday nights will never be the same again as George Galloway returns to the mic (Fridays, 7-10pm), bringing with him his trademark flair. Politician, broadcaster and writer, George – who will be restricted from broadcasting for the first six weeks of talkRADIO due to his London mayoral election campaign – is an excellent orator and will be tackling the big topics of politics every week with The Mother of all Talk Shows.

Paul Ross, presenter of talkRADIO’s Breakfast Show, said: “talkRADIO is going to bring something new and fresh to the world of digital radio, and I can’t wait to get into the studio and start talking to our listeners every morning.”

Liam Fisher, National Radio Controller for UTV Media, said: “talkRADIO will give listeners something completely different from morning until night with presenters and content guaranteed to get you talking. Our work is still not done, with more fantastic presenters to be announced later this month.”

Only drawback I can see is it'll still be UTV driving it and that means of course mass commercials throughout, other than that it might be good. :)
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,723
    Forum Member
    Ian Lee will ensure the Sports Bar loses its late licence. Lee is an excellent presenter and will show Goldstien to be the silly wee boy he is.
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a bunch of old dinosaurs. We've heard it all before. And then there's Sam Delaney, vacuousness personified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Ian Lee will ensure the Sports Bar loses its late licence. Lee is an excellent presenter and will show Goldstien to be the silly wee boy he is.

He certainly is opinionated so should be a decent listen, he's been on these hallowed pages in the past posting and standing up for his friend Matt Forde after some posters [including me] had upset him by posting what he thought were disparaging comments about Fordey. :p

He didn't hang around for long and he was gone again I think he mistakenly thought this thread to be no more than a set of sad individuals with nothing better to do that lambaste and criticise talkSPORT presenters.

How wrong could he have been about that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atg wrote: »
    What a bunch of old dinosaurs. We've heard it all before. And then there's Sam Delaney, vacuousness personified.

It's not exactly brilliant is it but it's surely better than what's on offer next door.

e.g. No Quinn, Durham, Goldstein, Forde, Brazil, Abrahams and a few more.

But know what you mean atg.
  • Options
    KOP1975KOP1975 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its all ofcom regulated so will be dull radio like LBC where if your view is a tad right wing you will be cut off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KOP1975 wrote: »
    its all ofcom regulated so will be dull radio like LBC where if your view is a tad right wing you will be cut off.

Well it depends what you define as a tad right wing. I heard the horrible troll Katie Hopkins spouting right wing views for two hours on LBC. Perhaps stomfront radio would be more to your liking.
  • Options
    KOP1975KOP1975 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it depends what you define as a tad right wing. I heard the horrible troll Katie Hopkins spouting right wing views for two hours on LBC. Perhaps stomfront radio would be more to your liking.

most main stream radio is left wing and if your views are to the left you wont be heard.
  • Options
    hiawathahiawatha Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Al claimed he'd been watching Gary Neville's team for the last few games
    which is a miracle since he can't be bothered to watch any games from the English Prem.

Roll on till we get some alternative talk programs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KOP1975 wrote: »
    most main stream radio is left wing and if your views are to the left you wont be heard.

I gave you an example which contradicts what you are saying totally. Have plenty more but as this is the Talksport thread I won't post them here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    It's not exactly brilliant is it but it's surely better than what's on offer next door.

e.g. No Quinn, Durham, Goldstein, Forde, Brazil, Abrahams and a few more.

But know what you mean atg.

Are the two Mikes staying put or are they moving over?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the two Mikes staying put or are they moving over?

It's to be announced shortly who the rest of the presenters are mate.

I'm delighted George Galloway is to be on it he's always a great listen even if you don't agree with his politics, considering it's a national station I hope the rest of the presenters to be announced are good but I'm not over confident.

The 2 Mikes doing everything but football would be ok by me as they give the listener a laugh.
  • Options
    swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Ross = Yawn. JHB will be a good listen and a good counterpoint to JOB on LBC. Sam Delaney... couldn't they have done better? not been very impressed with him on TS but will give him a chance. best bit for me is Iain Lee returning to the air waves. can't wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saggers & Collymore at the start of their Feist Night show tonight absolutely hammering it over the microphones how grateful they are for their listeners saying figures are just going up and up {Saggy actually breaking in over Collymore and saying "figures going up for us"}

Boy can't you just tell it's RAJAR announcement day. :D

Subject ticket prices
    10 minutes in and the decibels are already high!!!.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    That line up is utter crack. Same old faces. Richard Bacon will be turning up at this rate.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Saggers & Collymore at the start of their Feist Night show tonight absolutely hammering it over the microphones how grateful they are for their listeners saying figures are just going up and up {Saggy actually breaking in over Collymore and saying "figures going up for us"}

Boy can't you just tell it's RAJAR announcement day. :D

Subject ticket prices
    10 minutes in and the decibels are already high!!!.

A pair of bell ends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pair of bell ends.

I know but I find them funny even though it's supposed to be serious. :D

Tonight's show I thought was good it was about ticket prices into grounds and what an absolute rip off it is. World wide TV rights alone pays the Premier League ONE BILLION POUNDS for the rights to show it abroad, add in everything else what they make on and they still insist on ripping off fans on ground admission prices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Ross = Yawn. JHB will be a good listen and a good counterpoint to JOB on LBC. Sam Delaney... couldn't they have done better? not been very impressed with him on TS but will give him a chance. best bit for me is Iain Lee returning to the air waves. can't wait.

Think your right Steve employing Paul Ross is really going back in time surely they can find better people or are all the presenters of any real worth put off by it being owned by UTV and associated to talkSPORT because let's be honest they are a national joke.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Passionate stuff from Saggers and Colymore tonight, but one angle they completely avoided, was fans paying the subscriptions that then fund the television deals. They were comfortable with the idea of fans boycotting football matches, but they didn't suggest that fans boycott Sky and BT.
  • Options
    RightHandPillarRightHandPillar Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    It's not just the fabulous broadcasters and wonderful comprehensive coverage of all 92 clubs in England that I like so much about talkSPORT I also like the way they carefully and respectfully put callers on hold when a goal is scored somewhere.

They just seem to have an easy and friendly way with doing it.

>>>> http://bit.ly/1PusLMp <<<<

Haha Billy. Oh Billy. Is there anything you won't moan about, even in sarcasm? Dramatic late goal is scored in a game between two big clubs and they wanted to go straight there to report on it.

SWITCH TALKSPORT OFF WILLIAM. IT'S MESSING WITH YOUR MIND. BREATHE DEEPLY. No need to thank me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha Billy. Oh Billy. Is there anything you won't moan about, even in sarcasm? Dramatic late goal is scored in a game between two big clubs and they wanted to go straight there to report on it.

SWITCH TALKSPORT OFF WILLIAM. IT'S MESSING WITH YOUR MIND. BREATHE DEEPLY. No need to thank me :D

Good morning RightHand,
    My clip says it all what they think about the callers, that guy on the phone will have waited endlessly to get on, will have paid a high minute rate for the call and was halfway through making his point only to be cut off dead for a goal in a game involving two inconsequential premier league teams concerning the title challenge. :D
  • Options
    able1able1 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TS needs more people like Paul Ross - we've all been there, hey it could happen to anyone;

Married BBC presenter Paul Ross admits he cheated with man he met dogging and snorted meow meow drug off his face - but his wife stands by him
    57-year-old admitted to cheating with former English teacher Barry Olivier
    Met at known dogging spot near to Thicket roundabout in Maidenhead
    Says he became hooked on mephedrone snorting it six times a day
    Was also pictured snorting the drug from Mr Olivier's face
    Mr Olivier says they penned notes to using pet names Puck and Pea
    But despite the affair and drug use, wife Jackie is sticking by him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    able1 wrote: »
    TS needs more people like Paul Ross - we've all been there, hey it could happen to anyone;

Married BBC presenter Paul Ross admits he cheated with man he met dogging and snorted meow meow drug off his face - but his wife stands by him
    57-year-old admitted to cheating with former English teacher Barry Olivier
    Met at known dogging spot near to Thicket roundabout in Maidenhead
    Says he became hooked on mephedrone snorting it six times a day
    Was also pictured snorting the drug from Mr Olivier's face
    Mr Olivier says they penned notes to using pet names Puck and Pea
    But despite the affair and drug use, wife Jackie is sticking by him

Sounds like he should become a MP. Who cares?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey it's all true. :o

>>>> bit.ly/1LdVraR <<<<

He'll soon feel right at home working for UTV. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Big Al at the West Ham game tonight. Will he be in work in the morning?
This discussion has been closed.