Options

Sky Q Teething problems

Comments

• Options
    Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,855
    Forum Member
    Is there any way to jump the EPG forward in 24 hours stages as before? I can't see any way to do that.
  • Options
    Tom123Tom123 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently by pressing FF button; RW jumps back 24hrs
  • Options
    turboturbo Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Parker45 wrote: »
    Is there any way to jump the EPG forward in 24 hours stages as before? I can't see any way to do that.

In the epg, hit the ffwd button
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hit the sky button, you go straight to recordings. But how do you go straight to the epg?

Wife going bonkers!
  • Options
    tigermadtigermad Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    turbo wrote: »
    Hit the sky button, you go straight to recordings. But how do you go straight to the epg?

Wife going bonkers!

You can't, at the moment anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do you search for a show? Just can't see that anywhere!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do you search for a show? Just can't see that anywhere!

Ok, ok. I press the magnifying glass, top right hand side of the remote!
  • Options
    Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,855
    Forum Member

!

Yes, I find it daft that you can go straight to recordings but not straight to the epg. I miss my favourites as well!
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wife going bonkers!

That is also annoying my wife ! she was not overly happy at me getting Q to start with !

AND there is / are no more 'OTHER CHANNELS'
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swills wrote: »
    That is also annoying my wife ! she was not overly happy at me getting Q to start with !

AND there is / are no more 'OTHER CHANNELS'

You can add other channels by pressing Home, Settings, then Manual tuning. Enter the details of the channels you wish to add and then save.

To find these channels, press Home, Settings then Manual tuning and then choose the one you want to watch
  • Options
    Dave_DublinDave_Dublin Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    CTD101 wrote: »
    You can add other channels by pressing Home, Settings, then Manual tuning. Enter the details of the channels you wish to add and then save.

To find these channels, press Home, Settings then Manual tuning and then choose the one you want to watch

But what's REALLY annoying my family is that you can ONLY watch "Other Channels" on the main Sky Q box -- not on any of the minis ! ! !
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you know why been an early adopter can be a bad idea
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why people are having problems with Sky Q. I find that if you play around with the remote you can find everything you want to know. :)
  • Options
    Keith_Rigby1Keith_Rigby1 Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now you know why been an early adopter can be a bad idea

I have a sky+hd box £10 a month nice and easy to use, this sky q sounds like a load of bother, and its more money each month, and NO extra channels. why bother.
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I can't understand why people are having problems with Sky Q. I find that if you play around with the remote you can find everything you want to know. :)

They are not problems per se, but annoyances and marked differences from the old system.
    My current bug bear, as I've mentioned numerous times, is the up/down button on the mini guide behaving in a completely opposite manner to the ch+/ch- buttons>:(, as well as the speed scrolling through channels/progamme listing is at least twice as slow as Sky HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There needs to be a one button push to go to TV GUIDE, rather than 'Home' then scroll up a few notches,

Like the 'info' banner, not so keen on the way its removed, pressing "i" again would have been more logical ?

In TV Guide you can drop down per channel and still see what was on the line above as that now disappears, if you want to remind yourself what is on BBC1 at 9pm and you are looking at BBC2 you have to scroll back up a line..just a niggle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    6. Searching on demand box sets is appalling. You're forced to scroll throug all earlier episodes to get to later ones. There must be a way of skipping to the season you want?

Just found that if you press select whilst watching a downloaded show, if you press left it takes you to the previous episode and if you press right it takes you to the next episode which allows you to download it:)......getting better slowly;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dunno if anyone else has had this, and it maybe my TV, but I have eco off on the mini, but if I have the TV switched off for an hour or more, if I switch it back on, I have to 're-select' the HDMI channel that Sky is on. quite annoying. the mini downstairs has suddenly started to have a mind of it own too, green light is on, but no response when tapping the remote buttons, and 'no-signal' on screen, only way I can sort it, is to unplug the mini from the mains and plug it in again
    My wife tells me she finds the new TV GUIDE awkward, not as clear as the old guide and user unfriendly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one for the list. Slow motion is no longer available by pressing and holding the play button>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Installed on Thursday. No TV in one room all Friday. Intermittent today. Tv in kitchen has an array of error messages Including "There is a network proximity error on your sky q mini box". Main silver box went bonkers on Thursday night. Been ok since. Not at all impressed.

I can't believe Sky Q was tested in a real house with brick walls.

And why can't I get the TVs guide to appear without pressing 7 key strokes?

Wife is less than impressed. Now I need to make the call to sky tomorrow to get everything reversed.
  • Options
    BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Installed on Thursday. No TV in one room all Friday. Intermittent today. Tv in kitchen has an array of error messages Including "There is a network proximity error on your sky q mini box". Main silver box went bonkers on Thursday night. Been ok since. Not at all impressed.

I can't believe Sky Q was tested in a real house with brick walls.

And why can't I get the TVs guide to appear without pressing 7 key strokes?

Wife is less than impressed. Now I need to make the call to sky tomorrow to get everything reversed.

It's was tested for a good few years in real homes.

And the tv guide is a lot more strenuous to get to than the 2 button presses of previous epg. Now you have 2 button presses and that calorie busting swipe up. Such a pain!!!! People are gonna be cancelling gym memberships nationwide because of it!!!
    It's not sky+ HD anymore. It's a new state of the art system and it would be slagged off to high hell if it was the same look with the new added features. Loads of mention of wives on this site too. Boys you all need to man up and tell the bread knife to accept change.
  • Options
    powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    People generally dislike change. It is also frightening how lazy some people are.

Hilarious to read, so thank you. :D
  • Options
    Keith_Rigby1Keith_Rigby1 Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BOOTHY2905 wrote: »

And the tv guide is a lot more strenuous to get to than the 2 button presses of previous epg. Now you have 2 button presses and that calorie busting swipe up. Such a pain!!!! People are gonna be cancelling gym memberships nationwide because of it!!!
    It's not sky+ HD anymore. It's a new state of the art system and it would be slagged off to high hell if it was the same look with the new added features. Loads of mention of wives on this site too. Boys you all need to man up and tell the bread knife to accept change.

Your missing the whole point, sky have made changers to sky q for the sake of it, why change the remote?( what was wrong with having a layout like the sky+HD remote?) And why have they over complicated everything when they did not need to, i think you will find this is what has got people frustrated with sky q. You say its not sky HD anymore, but sky HD is so simple and user friendly to use, i certainly would not change my sky HD box for this sky q mess. ( If its not broke dot try to fix it)
  • Options
    Robin ArmitageRobin Armitage Posts: 487
    Forum Member

Nothing about the words "state of the art" is correct.

And it should HAVE been the same with extra features

Its all form over function...a dogs dinner :-)
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,942
    Forum Member
    It can be just one button press on Sky+ (on most channels) if you have "Backup to TV Guide" enabled in the box settings.
    :)