✭✭✭
I quite like Costa Coffee's brownshirts. :cool:

Asda' slime green is yuck :blush:

Comments

• Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emirates cabin crew. People stop and stare.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baywatch female lifeguard uniform.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do the ladies at the perfume counters wear white lab coats? As if they are scientists :blush:
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,868
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    why do the ladies at the perfume counters wear white lab coats? As if they are scientists :blush:

To protect their clothes from the inch deep make up they wear?
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because some of the brands push the science of it all as a selling point.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airline staff always look pretty smart, as do bank staff.

These uniforms for Thailand's Royal Orchid airline are stunning! http://www.key.aero/central/images/gallery/1776.jpg

Costa -I'm not a fan of brown. although it depends upon the brown. Don't mind chocolate brown, but wishy-washy brown, nope.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/costa-coffee-barmen-dubai-uae-april-posing-april-dubai-british-multinational-coffeehouse-company-46110462.jpg

So, the one on the left I really don't like, the one on the right I do.

Then again, I've never been in Costa so this is the first time I've seen the uniform :p
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,968
    Forum Member
    Firefighters obviously.... or any UK military regiment in formal dress
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The blue RAF uniform is nice... I like the wings :)
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,724
    Forum Member
    Young sweaty bin men with their slim fit hi-viz t-shirts. :D
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Each to his own - The US armed forces, especially the US Military Police wore some of the smartest uniforms during WW2 when even a lowly US Private soldiers uniform could outsmart that of some British officers. Today some American uniforms seem far less smart. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cessna wrote: »
    Each to his own - The US armed forces, especially the US Military Police wore some of the smartest uniforms during WW2 when even a lowly US Private soldiers uniform could outsmart that of some British officers. Today some American uniforms seem far less smart. .

That comment provokes an interesting thought. I wonder how much what a uniform represents, colours how much we like it. I have heard it said that the Nazi uniform was considered superior in style and quality to any of the Allied uniforms. Yet when I look at it, I see what it signified and the design and craftsmanship goes over my head.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Baywatch female lifeguard uniform.

Yes I thought that one was extraordinarily well tailored.

Those young ladies looked very smart. Very smart indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That comment provokes an interesting thought. I wonder how much what a uniform represents colours how much we like it. I have heard it said that the Nazi uniform was considered superior in style and quality to any of the Allied uniforms. Yet when I look at it, I see what it signified and the design and craftsmanship goes over my head.

It was designed by Hugo Boss :blush:
  • Options
    dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cessna wrote: »
    Today some American uniforms seem far less smart. .

Ours as well. Its the use of camouflage gear outside of combat and training. I once saw on the news the Chief of the Defence Staff on his way into Downing Street wearing camo was he expecting to be ambushed and have to jump into some trees along the way ?

This one is particularly moronic - the US Navy came up with its own camouflage pattern, which I imagine is really helpful if someone goes overboard:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0f/1d/47/0f1d47d3ecace24602d7ecc61f151359.jpg
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    That comment provokes an interesting thought. I wonder how much what a uniform represents colours how much we like it. I have heard it said that the Nazi uniform was considered superior in style and quality to any of the Allied uniforms. Yet when I look at it, I see what it signified and the design and craftsmanship goes over my head.

Further to the cut quality and style of the Americans, there can be seen in various books a photo of our own General Montgomery dressed in what most people probably do not realise is an American GIs standard smartly cut uniform.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was designed by Hugo Boss :blush:

Was it really? :o

Well I never, he was a fully paid up NAZI supporter too by the looks. I didn't even know he wasn't a living designer. Ho Hum :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to corporate uniforms, it always amuses me that companies will tell their staff that they must be smart and presentable at all times....then issue them with a uniform made by the lowest bidder which looks cheap and makes the wearer feel crap
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Qatar cabin crew too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With regards to corporate uniforms, it always amuses me that companies will tell their staff that they must be smart and presentable at all times....then issue them with a uniform made by the lowest bidder which looks cheap and makes the wearer feel crap

Yes absolutely. I think the other thing that informs my liking for a uniform is whether it looks as if it would be comfortable. A lot of air crew uniforms are of attractive design but they look really uncomfortable to wear.

I used to wear a uniform many years ago and I much preferred the summer dress which was cotton and stream lined without any bits to flap or come adrift when we moved about.

The skirt suit on the other hand was a nasty polyester which looked dreadful unless you stood absolutley still. It didn't breath, the lapels wouldn't stay down and fought with the collar of the blouse and the blouse wasn't long enough to stay tucked in.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    The SS (I know not PC) had some great uniforms, you can't deny that black and red, just works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The SS (I know not PC) had some great uniforms, you can't deny that black and red, just works.

I believe Hugo Boss designed the SS uniform too :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Especially when the red is flowing out of the hole made by a Lee Enfield .303
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder how much success you would get on Uniformdating.com if you turned up in an SS uniform.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prince Philip always looks pretty dashing in his military get up.
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,668
    Forum Member
    Hooters. :)