Options

Awful Awful Writing Ee

adamlee19adamlee19 Posts: 632
Forum Member
✭✭
Im a massive fan of Jay such a gifted actor.
But my god the writing has nothing been short of disgrace.
No lawyer would ever use the word pedophile and say i wont defend that.
Jay pleading guilty what a joke that was. Everything in this story was a complete joke.

Comments

• Options
    Pepsii ColaPepsii Cola Posts: 1,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't want to defend someone who she knew would be placed on the sex offenders register for having sexual images of a minor on his phone. Its a law that is set in stone.

I'm so shocked at the amount of people who had no idea that sort of thing gets you put on the sex offenders register with immediate effect.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i find it slightly OTT, i only say this because my sisters friend (who was 21 at the time) actually had sex with a 15 year old, she told him she was 20 and at uni!!
    her dad called the police but he was released after a few hours and a quick interview with the girl and that was the end of it.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The realism is horrific in this evenings episode.

The time frame of how quick Jay was charged and in court was so nothing short of fantasy!

Its that far fetched its unbelievable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    i find it slightly OTT, i only say this because my sisters friend (who was 21 at the time) actually had sex with a 15 year old, she told him she was 20 and at uni!!
    her dad called the police but he was released after a few hours and a quick interview with the girl and that was the end of it.

If this was true and the police turned a blind eye to the law being broken all those involved would be sacked. You are basically claiming the police who are there to uphold the law, disregarded it. The home office would go ape shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    The realism is horrific in this evenings episode.

The time frame of how quick Jay was charged and in court was so nothing short of fantasy!

Its that far fetched its unbelievable

He was at a bail hearing. He entered his guilty plea there so there was no need for a trial.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    If this was true and the police turned a blind eye to the law being broken all those involved would be sacked. You are basically claiming the police who are there to uphold the law, disregarded it. The home office would go ape shit.

well thats the story at the time, unless they all lied. i dont find it that unbelievable ??? unless ofcourse he did get a caution of some sort which im not 100% about.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been like this for a long time.
  • Options
    pinkprintpinkprint Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Think you are being a tad dramatic there don't you?
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was at a bail hearing. He entered his guilty plea there so there was no need for a trial.

He wouldn't have been charged, his phone wouldn't have been checked that quick. He would have been arrested and bailed pending further enquires as the police cant investigate a case like that that quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkprint wrote: »
    Think you are being a tad dramatic there don't you?

Not really, the age of consent is 16. The poster claimed the police disregarded the law. A child protection law no less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wouldn't have been charged, his phone wouldn't have been checked that quick. He would have been arrested and bailed pending further enquires as the police cant investigate a case like that that quickly.

The police can scan phones within minutes and yes he would have been charged. He had indecent images of a 14 year old girl on his phone. :confused:

What are people not understanding? you guys are acting like thats ok. From reading this thread its good they are doing this story to educate people on just how much trouble this sort of thing can get young people into.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful awful thing thing to happen to Jay, he didn't deserve any of that >:(:(

Decent people who know him well turning against him is the most frustrating part
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes I think there is a possibility that it could. the phone was being checked within days of the images been deleted.

One of my friends does this for a living and I am not up on the ins & outs but they are experts at what they do.

also I think that due to the wonders of modern tech and the fact you can retrieve deleted images yourself now on certain phones that they probably accessed Jay's quite easily. sure if they were wanting to look back further it would have taken longer
  • Options
    beancounter1973beancounter1973 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    She didn't want to defend someone who she knew would be placed on the sex offenders register for having sexual images of a minor on his phone. Its a law that is set in stone.

I'm so shocked at the amount of people who had no idea that sort of thing gets you put on the sex offenders register with immediate effect.

i don't understand how jay is responsible for something he had no control over - he had no control over her sending those images, he deleted them and yet he has been deemed responsible. this is grossly unfair >:(
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamlee19 wrote: »
    Im a massive fan of Jay such a gifted actor.
    But my god the writing has nothing been short of disgrace.
    No lawyer would ever use the word pedophile and say i wont defend that.
    Jay pleading guilty what a joke that was. Everything in this story was a complete joke.

Ritchie isn't your typical solicitor. She'll use whatever words she wants with the Mitchells.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,999
    Forum Member
    Not really, the age of consent is 16. The poster claimed the police disregarded the law. A child protection law no less.

They didn't disregard the law they decided not to proceed to prosecution. That happens in all sorts of cases and occasions surely :confused:

I find the whole Jay story line very scary tbh. It's a harsh lesson to him to always have sight of someone's birth certificate before receiving suggestive pictures of them on his phone hmm.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful awful thing thing to happen to Jay, he didn't deserve any of that >:(:(

Decent people who know him well turning against him is the most frustrating part

Mick's behaviour in particular is disgraceful given that he himself pleaded guilty for something he didn't do just because he happened to see and speak to Ian in a vicinity where there were prostitutes.

Poor Jay :( The law is cruel sometimes.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't understand how jay is responsible for something he had no control over - he had no control over her sending those images, he deleted them and yet he has been deemed responsible. this is grossly unfair >:(

I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't disregard the law they decided not to proceed to prosecution. That happens in all sorts of cases and occasions surely :confused:

Not a child protection law no. The law always has to be upheld.

If a 20 year old man really had sex with a 15 year old girl he would be placed on the sex offenders register. Its the law, an adult cannot have sex with anyone underage. It doesn't matter if they didn't know the girls real age. It still happened.

I'm actually shocked I'm even having to explain this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a child protection law no. The law always has to be upheld.

If a 20 year old man really had sex with a 15 year old girl he would be placed on the sex offenders register. Its the law, an adult cannot have sex with anyone underage.

I'm actually shocked I'm even having to explain this.

He didn't have sex with an underage girl though. As soon as he realised her true age be ended it, the furthest it went sexually was kissing and the images that she sent him, which was what the whole case was about. He wasn't in court for having sex with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't have sex with an underage girl though. As soon as he realised her true age be ended it, the furthest it went sexually was kissing and the images that she sent him, which was what the whole case was about. He wasn't in court for having sex with her.

I'm referring to the case Aura is talking about.

If the police didn't process every case of an adult having sexual relations with a child all genuine and real peados would be using the 'I didn't know her age' as their defence.

That is why its automatic to be placed on the sex offenders register if an adult has any sort of indecent images of children or has committed any sex act with anyone under the age of 16. Its law that isn't up for debate.

Like I said, its good EE have done this as people really have no idea of the laws.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If the police didn't process every case of an adult having sexual relations with a child all :)genuine and real peados would be using the 'I didn't know her age' as their defence.

That is why its automatic to be placed on the sex offenders register if you have any sort of indecent images of children. Its law that isn't up for debate.

Like I said, its good EE have done this as people really have no idea of the laws.

Apologies, I thought you were talking about Jay's case :blush::)
  • Options
    Forum Member

If the police didn't process every case of an adult having sexual relations with a child all genuine and real peados would be using the 'I didn't know her age' as their defence.

That is why its automatic to be placed on the sex offenders register if an adult has any sort of indecent images of children or has committed any sex act with anyone under the age of 16. Its law that isn't up for debate.

How can that be right though? jay had no control over what images were sent to him. If this is the law, then anyone could get someone who was otherwise innocent in serious trouble by sending them similar images - i could imagine some spiteful people would do that. it is wrong >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ its ok Foxster
    How can that be right though? jay had no control over what images were sent to him. If this is the law, then anyone could get someone who was otherwise innocent in serious trouble by sending them similar images - i could imagine some spiteful people would do that. it is wrong >:(

There have been some high profile cases of innocent people being targeted in the way you have written but its still the law. Its there to protect children first and foremost. Which at the end of the day is right because many peados are very good liars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ its ok Foxster

There have been some high profile cases of innocent people being targeted in the way you have written but its still the law. Its there to protect children first and foremost. Which at the end of the day is right because many peados are very good liars.

No it isn't right. I am a survivor of child sex abuse and I only want to see actual perpetrators convicted, not innocent people. Convicting someone like Jay makes a mockery of the convictions secured for real offenders, and also makes a mockery of the real survivors struggles.