Options

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this game but it's much easier than the original and it's very short. Once in challenge mode with access to the Ryno it becomes incredibly easy. Fully upgraded omega version of the Ryno just mows everything down almost instantly.

The only reason I won't platinum this is the hover board race times you need to achieve. There's a huge difference between getting the gold cups and doing so in a time to get the trophies.

If you slow the game speed down in the options menu, the races become very manageable.
  • Options
    hufflestuffhufflestuff Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    If you slow the game speed down in the options menu, the races become very manageable.

I actually tried that Yuffie and found it just as difficult. I've been trying to hit the shortcuts on the second planet that has hover board races where I got a gold bolt originally. In slow mode it's just as hard. Do you need to hit the shortcuts to get the trophy times?
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those hoverboard races are a pain. I mean, normally in games like this, the racing sections are way too easy but I have trouble getting first place in these, let alone beat the times needed for the trophy.

I also found myself losing the will to live with the trespasser puzzles towards the end. I managed to do them all but without really knowing what I was doing.

Aside from those things, I love this game! Completed it today and then straight away started playing it again on Challenge Mode. A sign of a good game where I can replay it without any sign of getting bored.

I have had to give up and google a few things so far, like where the optional treasure was in the cave on one of the first planets and where the second golden bolt was on the level with the train (I'd searched EVERYWHERE).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually tried that Yuffie and found it just as difficult. I've been trying to hit the shortcuts on the second planet that has hover board races where I got a gold bolt originally. In slow mode it's just as hard. Do you need to hit the shortcuts to get the trophy times?

Ya, on the second planet much easier than the other one but you have to hit both shortcuts on all three laps. Also hit as many rings and boxes as you can and keep using those speed boosts. Doing tricks mid air also helps fill your boost never. And keep doing it while shaving a bit of your time each time and you'll get there.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Yuffie said. I tried to save a few boxes for the last lap so I tried not to clash into them all on my first lap. It's frustrating but you get there in the end.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsLurker wrote: »
    The safecracker trophy won't unlock for me even though as far as I know I've unlocked every lock without hacking. It's my second play through to. :confused: Also found all the packs of cards but still RYNO. I bet there's something painfully obvious I'm missing.

I got that Trophy and I think there are 16 terminals in total. Unfortunately there's no way of finding out if you've missed any like there is with the bolts and cards.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great game. Loved it. Have finished my challenge playthrough and am now maxing out all my weapons and trying to find an enemy that have used the groovitron on.
    There are a few negatives. It's way too easy, the original had some really challenging sections but this was really dialled back here. It's also too short. They have cut out some of the best planets from the original which left me a touch disappointed being honest.
    Should get the platinum, the races times are tricky but I got them on the ps3 version so I just need to practice.
    This is easily my favourite Ps4 exclusive, until next week at least.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've played the first couple of levels. Does is get better? Because so far it's.......alright. I'm just not being dragged back to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me. It does get better. As you get a wider range of weapons and gadgets the gameplay really opens up. That said I have a strong nostalgia for this series, so might be blind to some of its faults being honest.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Great game. Loved it. Have finished my challenge playthrough and am now maxing out all my weapons and trying to find an enemy that have used the groovitron on.
    There are a few negatives. It's way too easy, the original had some really challenging sections but this was really dialled back here. It's also too short. They have cut out some of the best planets from the original which left me a touch disappointed being honest.
    Should get the platinum, the races times are tricky but I got them on the ps3 version so I just need to practice.
    This is easily my favourite Ps4 exclusive, until next week at least.

I'd agree it was too easy but it was about the right length imo, not too short and not that long that it started to drag a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK so I've finished Challenge mode but I'm still a few trophies short.

Reach the maximum bolt multiplier in Challenge mode: any tips on this one from anyone ? What's the trick ?

Unlock every modification for every weapon. Just the sheepinator left

Upgrade every weapon to the maximum level. Just the sheepinator to go.

Use the Groovitron on every type of enemy. Rats, I was doing my best to use it on everyone during Challenge mode but looks like I'll have to go through the game again and hope I stumble on the enemy (s) I missed.

I assume if I start a new challenge mode, I continue again with all my maxed out weapons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it easiest to get the bolt multiplier on the mission from Skid Mcmarx where you have to clear all the sandsharks. They keep on respawning until you kill the plants they spring out of and are easy to kill. You need to get up to x20 but it is fairly easy there.

The levelling does carry over across playthroughs. I just need the race time trophies but I probably won't get to them before Uncharted.

Good time to be a ps4 owner....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK. I've just unlocked Skids planet. So should I just use my ratchet to kill the sandsharks and not the green things that spawns them ? What makes the bolt multiplier go up ?

The bloody sheepinator takes forever to level up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. That worked for me. The multiplier goes up by killing things and not getting hit by enemies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. I've just unlocked Skids planet. So should I just use my ratchet to kill the sandsharks and not the green things that spawns them ? What makes the bolt multiplier go up ?

The bloody sheepinator takes forever to level up.

I'm working on the same trophies as you at the moment. The sandsharks are a good enemy to use the sheepinator on. Also the green blob things on Rilgar. It seemed to level up quicker when I used it on those.

I finished off all the hoverboard trophies tonight so I was happy with that. They were the ones I was least confident of getting. Without the ability to turn down the game speed then I probably wouldn't have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK I've just the Groovitron trophy left and I'm up to the snowy planet on my third play through. If It doesn't pop on this play through I'll have to go through it again with a list and mark them off as I'm doing it. I wanted this done before UC4 comes out but I've not much time between now and then.
  • Options
    Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Doing Challenge mode and on Gaspar, got the Goatinator maxed. There is a spot after you go down an through a lava cave that has three pads and three of those plant things that spawn landsharks continuously. If you use the goatinator there you pretty much can stand there and rack up the 20x bolt multiplier, tons of cards, raritanium. You dont have to do much either as the goats will turn the sharks into other goats.
  • Options
    hufflestuffhufflestuff Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I've just the Groovitron trophy left and I'm up to the snowy planet on my third play through. If It doesn't pop on this play through I'll have to go through it again with a list and mark them off as I'm doing it. I wanted this done before UC4 comes out but I've not much time between now and then.

Kudos to you for your commitment to this Yuffie. I'm on the deplanetiser on my second challenge play through and trying to just use weapons that need to be upgraded but it's frustrating that they don't increase much. I've got 82 percent of trophies and I'm missing the all weapons, hover board races and assault course trophies. I got the multiplier one by switching the unlimited ammo cheat on and spamming the rhyno weapon. I know, I cheated. Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm in exactly the same position as you now. Just got the Groovitron trophy left and I've played through the game three times and no trophy :( I can't think of any enemy that I haven't used it on either. Frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same position as you now. Just got the Groovitron trophy left and I've played through the game three times and no trophy :( I can't think of any enemy that I haven't used it on either. Frustrating.

I had a quick look at the enemy list online and I seen that you have to do the green blobs in their big, middle and small forms and the swimming fish/sharks have to be do ewhile they're swimming and lying on the ground flapping about (you know when you take the water out of the pool). So I did those and it still didn't pop, I was gutted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a quick look at the enemy list online and I seen that you have to do the green blobs in their big, middle and small forms and the swimming fish/sharks have to be do ewhile they're swimming and lying on the ground flapping about (you know when you take the water out of the pool). So I did those and it still didn't pop, I was gutted.

I had a go at those before and no trophy either. Seems it's one that a lot of people are having trouble getting to top. Might have to be one where I concede defeat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had a go at those before and no trophy either. Seems it's one that a lot of people are having trouble getting to top. Might have to be one where I concede defeat.

I won't concede. It's only one trophy. Ll get it eventually, it's just to get the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fourth playthrough... Still no trophy... Finds a towel and throws it in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fourth playthrough... Still no trophy... Finds a towel and throws it in.

I got 'Death by Disco' to pop and then the plat.

By it popped on the final boss, Dr Watyamacallhim. Even tho I made him dance multiple times on my second play through. So maybe you have to make everyone dance in a single run of the game. I was assuming they would carry over. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Decided to go back tonight and work towards the platinum after taking a break to play Uncharted & my save won't load! When I start up the game, it only gives me the option to start a new game rather than continue. I checked my saved application data and it shows in there but for some reason the game won't recognise it