Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 16)

Comments

• Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvsatweek wrote: »
    The premier league has become embarising it show the standards of the premier league is slipping I think sky sports should be worried about loosing subscribers now

What absolute rot.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Arsenal board have the sense to not continually sack their manager, unike most other clubs.

When the manager keeps on failing and can not do it at the highest level. It is time the board takes action. This is why we fail and others suceed. Others want to win no matter what. We arw happy being mediocre.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal thread dead at the start of May - as per usual.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Arsenal thread dead at the start of May - as per usual.

I can't imagine why, we still have Le Virtual Trophy to play for. That's what it's all about when all's said and done.

Judge me in May indeed.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    When the manager keeps on failing and can not do it at the highest level. It is time the board takes action. This is why we fail and others suceed. Others want to win no matter what. We arw happy being mediocre.

I agree with this.
    Look at City/Chelsea though, until City become an oil club werent they near the bottom/at the bottom of the PL at one point? That was only in 2003 or so.
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    The Ox has been ruled out of the Euros Wenger confirmned today. Whether he would have been selected or not is another matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would I expect anything less? ;)
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack in the papers for the wrong reason again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw that too :blush:
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    I can't imagine why, we still have Le Virtual Trophy to play for. That's what it's all about when all's said and done.

Judge me in May indeed.
    I'm not even revved up for tomorrow's match. Win, lose or draw........third or fourth, we know nothing will change. The manager won't take up the chance to strengthen the squad and change things up. And frankly, who cares about Champions League football when Arsenal are just making up the numbers.

Wenger said yesterday Leciester's approach has given him "food for thought", yet gives no indication that he is willing to change things up. He says Arsenal need to be efficient and take chances (when have we heard that before?)...................why doesn't he do something about it? Stats like this mean **** all, but will no doubt boost his ego.

Frustrating that he won't do things differently. If this was eight years ago, fair enough.........but it's 2016 and the same ****ing problems keep popping up. The stupid defending. The brain-dead midfielders. Strikers who need 300 chances to put the ****ing ball in the back of the net. This team cannot defend to save their lives, and aren't good enough to impose their style against the biggest teams. They are just not versatile enough.

This season has been a write-off, another wasted one under Wenger. The whole club should be ****ing ashamed of themselves, but I don't think they care one bit, happily fleecing the fans in that soulless dump.

If that donkey Giroud is still leading the line in six months time, I'd scream.
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    I

This season has been a write-off, another wasted one under Wenger. The whole club should be ****ing ashamed of themselves, but I don't think they care one bit, happily fleecing the fans in that soulless dump.

If that donkey Giroud is still leading the line in six months time, I'd scream.

Agree totally. I read the the Guardian piece about his views on Leicester and not wanting to abandon his principles. Fine but he's putting the cart before the horse. If he wants to be like Barcelona then the foundations needs to be based on a solid defence. To give an analogy, he's designed and built a beautiful house but neglected to check the foundations and eventually that house will collapse.

Ranieri realised that Leicester couldn't sustain their open attacking game if they wanted to be challenging for a top four spot. I think after we beat them 5-2 at theirs that he would need to tweak things a bit. It may not be the fully expansive style that people like to see but if you know that you are not likely to concede then the rest should fall into place. The strike force will have more confidence and relaxed about taking their chances. The other trick Wenger keeps missing is scoring from set pieces. It's almost as if it's an antipathy to his way of thinking the game should be played. Where's the beauty of scoring from a corner?

On to tomorrow's game, it was seen as a change of style in the corresponding fixture last season. It proved to be another false dawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think getting a point would be a good result today :)
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Spurs losing. Could still be St Totteringham's Day this year 😊

Need a win today to close the gap.

Welbeck and Giroud start with Ozil out through a minor injury. Looks like a traditional 4-4-2 for once.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please don't balls up this chance for the most hilarious St Totts Day yet, Arsenal.

Giroud starting again. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    Please don't balls up this chance for the most hilarious St Totts Day yet, Arsenal.

Giroud starting again. :(

Yep, when push came to shove, they couldn't keep their lasagne down.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    Yep, when push came to shove, they couldn't keep their lasagne down.

Haha!

Let's just hope we capitalise on their loss today.

But knowing us...well, we'll see.
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    Haha!

Going to be tough, that's for sure! Still, I'm now more interested in the game though. Good to see Wellbeck starting, shame özil's out.

Spuds are spursing it up! Still think it's unlikely we'll finish above them though. We'll have to see whether Newcastle still have something to play for next weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    Haha!

I know - we probably won't win, but watching Spurs choaking today and last week has eased the pain of our duff old season somewhat. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aguero strikes against us again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a game so far. Both defences are as bad as each other.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Welbeck badly injured?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    Was Welbeck badly injured?

Could miss Euros. Knee injury again.

Shouldn't have played on the wing in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was coming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ramsey is a joke. Has offered nothing and keeps losing the ball.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the Champions League qualifer against Besiktas in August, when Wenger has signed one outfield player.
This discussion has been closed.