Options

Most nastiest series?

HBICHBIC Posts: 180
Forum Member
I think the general consensus is that BB6, BB9, BB13, and BB15 are known as the more nasty, volatile, and bitchier series. But which series was the nastiest and which house had the most nastiest characters?

I think the ones I've listed above were all nasty in different ways. They all featured a house divide of some sort; BB6 had a divide with heavy racial undertones, BB9 had the Whisper Club vs. B-Block and featured quite a lot of unlikable housemates, BB13 had the Insiders vs. Outsiders and the divide in BB13 was quite serious, where there was pure hatred from both sides. BB15 was made up of an unlikable bunch of housemates and had Helen Wood, although the divide in Power Trip was somewhat civil and not as strong as say BB6 or BB13's.

Comments

• Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I've not seen BB13, but I'd say BB6. There was a very clear cut divide and lots of hatred.

BB15 tbh rivals it as well. Although the BB15 HMs in this series were much more vacuous and one-dimensional than the BB15 ones, so it didn't really work.

I don't think BB9 is in the same league as BB6 and BB15.
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    BB6 - Awful set of HMs, crap final, shyte winner. Only highlight was Maxwell getting the big E.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    od hominem wrote: »
    BB6 - Awful set of HMs, crap final, shyte winner. Only highlight was Maxwell getting the big E.

BB6 has one of the best set of HMs IMO. Although I accept the nastiness surrounding that series can't have been to everyone's taste.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BB6, then BB13.
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    BB6 has one of the best set of HMs IMO. Although I accept the nastiness surrounding that series can't have been to everyone's taste.

I think it all depends on what people want from the show. Some people like arguments and conflict. Personally, I prefer to listen to decent convos and watch genuine friendships being formed. I concede that, considering the kind of HMs we get these days, I'm on a hiding to f*^ck all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Judging by my favourites, I tend to prefer the more volatile and nasty series. BB6 is my favourite BB series and BB13 is my favourite C5 series.

I hate BB15 however, and thought it was awful because the housemates were all samey and bland and a lot of the conflict was forced and manufactured by the producer meddling and constant twists that year. The nastiness and divides in BB6 and BB13 made compelling television at times and both those series were highly entertaining imo - especially BB6. There was never a boring day in BB6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've not seen BB13, but I'd say BB6. There was a very clear cut divide and lots of hatred.

BB15 tbh rivals it as well. Although the BB15 HMs in this series were much more vacuous and one-dimensional than the BB15 ones, so it didn't really work.

I don't think BB9 is in the same league as BB6 and BB15.

BB9 does have a reputation by some for having quite a hostile house - although admittedly not as much as BB6/13/15.
  • Options
    mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB6 was nasty but I'll never forget the hype surrounding the Maxwell v Science eviction. Derek remains my most favourite HM ever.
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    I think it all depends on what people want from the show. Some people like arguments and conflict. Personally, I prefer to listen to decent convos and watch genuine friendships being formed. I concede that, considering the kind of HMs we get these days, I'm on a hiding to f*^ck all.

Me too - which is why BB2 remains my favourite.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB6 and then BB13.

No contest.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,795
    Forum Member
    CBB5, followed by the one Helen won.
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    That's easy. BB7 was the nastiest.

The way that Shabaz was treated was so unethical.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    That's easy. BB7 was the nastiest.

The way that Shabaz was treated was so unethical.

Well, if we were to talk about first weeks, then yes, for sure.

But overall I feel:

BB6
    CBB5
    BB13
    BB9
    BB7
    BB15

I think the latest CBB was one of the least nasty series.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BB6 followed by BB13........really nasty HM's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    BB6 followed by BB13........really nasty HM's.

A fair few on BB9 were not so hot either. But for me many on BB13 really were vile people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    A fair few on BB9 were not so hot either. But for me many on BB13 really were vile people.
    I suppose when it comes down to it there's always been one or two nasty HM's on most of the BB's........some stick in your mind more readily. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CBB15 too actually. That was pretty hardcore.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Helen series probably..
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to write a thesis on this so bear with me lol....

Every series of BB, including BB4, had elements of nastiness. However, I just don't understand how you could NOT find BB6 the nastiest series of all time. Everything about it was designed to be nasty - from the moment Makosi was set that secret mission to make herself actively unpopular, the tone for the entire series was nastiness. It's ironic that BB5 was penned as being the "evil" series as I felt BB themselves were far more unpleasant towards the housemates in BB6 than they were the previous year, and a lot of the tasks were designed towards deception. Plus it didn't help that it was the one series where practically every housemate was unlikeable. Every highlight show featured arguments, bitching and manipulation on some level, and you could often lose track of who supposedly liked who as allegiances broke down all the time and so called "friends" often turned on each other. Plus the evictions were far nastier and the final, which usually had a celebratory feel on other years, was horrid. Having said that, it was still bizarrely fascinating to watch. It deserves credit for being the only series that remained entertaining from start to finish. It was grotesque, but you couldn't take your eyes of it.

I think BB13 comes in second, largely down to the presence of Conor. There were a few nice housemates that year, but I felt they were heavily outnumbered. The show could've been redeemed by the fact of there being three of the four outsiders making the final, but it was all overshadowed by the awful fact the show rewarded Conor 50 grand for nothing.

I'm sure a lot of people will mention BB9 and BB15, but I didn't find either of those overwhelmingly nasty. I felt there was good and bad in both tribes during BB9 - the whisper group and b block - so it was never a case of "good v evil" for me. The only hideous contestants that year were Alexandra and Dennis, and they were both gone within three weeks. BB15 obviously stands out for the fact Helen won, but aside from her I only found Pauline and Stephen truly unlikeable that year. That series' biggest problem was how heavily manipulated it was.

A series that is often overlooked in this category but deserves special mention is BB10. That had a nasty undercurrant running throughout. But there can only be one winner in this category - it would actually be an insult to BB6 not to name it the nastiest series of all time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I suppose when it comes down to it there's always been one or two nasty HM's on most of the BB's........some stick in your mind more readily. :o

Yes that is true and in fact I was actually going to make that point in my earlier post. So I suppose that "most nastiest series " has embrace more than a few housemates on any given series rather than one or two.

I noted BB9 and BB13 in particular because the way both Rachel ( BB9 ) and Deana (BB13) were treated by quite a few housemates was very uncomfortable to watch - and on top of that the way Davina spoke to Rachel as the winner was a disgrace imo.
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB6 was fantastic; they all hated one another and none of it was engineered in the way we see these days. These people were thrown in and took a genuine dislike to each other; the dynamics were brilliant and there wasn't a dull day. It also wasn't draining in the way that series such as BB15 were; there were plenty of fun moments thrown in to soften things (who can forget the hilarious box task? It surely is one of the all time highlights) so that it didn't turn the audience away. It was also the first series in which we saw this particular dynamic; in all other thus far even if there were disagreements groups formed and there were definite friendships. BB6 was just dog eat dog and as other users have said it was difficult to keep up with exactly whom was supposed to be friends with who.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    Yes that is true and in fact I was actually going to make that point in my earlier post. So I suppose that "most nastiest series " has embrace more than a few housemates on any given series rather than one or two.

I noted BB9 and BB13 in particular because the way both Rachel ( BB9 ) and Deana (BB13) were treated by quite a few housemates was very uncomfortable to watch - and on top of that the way Davina spoke to Rachel as the winner was a disgrace imo.
    Indeed so, I completely agree with you on all counts. McCall's behaviour towards Rachel was disgraceful! >:(
    Piipp wrote: »
    BB6 was fantastic; they all hated one another and none of it was engineered in the way we see these days. These people were thrown in and took a genuine dislike to each other; the dynamics were brilliant and there wasn't a dull day. It also wasn't draining in the way that series such as BB15 were; there were plenty of fun moments thrown in to soften things (who can forget the hilarious box task? It surely is one of the all time highlights) so that it didn't turn the audience away. It was also the first series in which we saw this particular dynamic; in all other thus far even if there were disagreements groups formed and there were definite friendships. BB6 was just dog eat dog and as other users have said it was difficult to keep up with exactly whom was supposed to be friends with who.
    I disagree, the series limped on & on & on forever it seemed. I actually couldn't wait until it was finished. It also had a really negative effect on the forum. There was as many arguments on here as there were in the house! :o
    The arguments started in the house from day 1 & never stopped until the end. It was relentless & so draining for a viewer. They really were a horrible lot!

As for the box task, I hated that, I've never seen (nor hope to do so in the future), a more mind numbing task ever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure it was a myth that Davina treated Rachel badly, at least on the main show interview? Don't remember any untoward behaviour from her, and I watched it a few motnhs ago, yet I keep hearing about it...

Also, she wasn't treated by her HMs that badly tbh... Rex just laid into her sometimes, but they were friends anyway, and the girls like Bex and Jen bitched about her in the early weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In terms of nastiness within the house, I'd say BB6 is by the far the nastiest. IA with Arthur's essay. Despite the constant arguments, you also had unhealthy racial undertones (Malteaser head, chip on your shoulder, join the BNP etc), deception, back-stabbing, and constant distrust. You even had friends bitching about eachother and turning on eachother later on in the series. Having said that, it made such rivetting viewing.

In terms of as a whole cast, I'd say BB15. There was only about 3 genuinely nice people in BB15 and the rest were all quite nasty and hateful, even if the things they came out weren't as bad as what went on in BB6/13, they weren't really rootable or likable.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina asked Rachel if she wanted to share her prize money with her. At the time I didn't like her winning but looking at it now, what a rubbish thing to say to a person just made winner.