Options

HO - A departure so soon? (Possible spoilers)

NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
Forum Member
✭✭
So we know that Ben is leaving, but according to a report on the DS main page, last night on E4 was actually his last episode:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/news/a795671/hollyoaks-spoilers-ben-bradleys-final-scenes-have-aired/

Unless it's a big red herring, this has to be one of the most half baked anticlimactic departures ever. Maybe something will happen off screen, but if he's leaving without knowing that Nico killed Carly what an absolute farce. So we assume that he continues to take the wrap for Trevor's death and that's how it ends for him?

Yet Sienna told him that he'd live to regret what he did (covering for Nico), suggesting more was to come.

Poor move given how important this week was in HO.

Comments

• Options
    GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,321
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous he never found out about Carly. What an absolute joke.
  • Options
    Bored_At_WorkBored_At_Work Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Does seem strange, but my guess would be that Ben Richards chose to leave when he did so he could start rehearsals for his West End return in the Bodyguard, but you would think that the storyliners etc would have wanted to conclude the story first, unless ofcourse they are planning for him to come back in 6months as shock return.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would of been better had Sienna told him and then walked away... Much more impact.
  • Options
    VGKidVGKid Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, in a way, its good that he doesn't know. Its such a cliche that secrets always come out - in real life that's not always the case
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long is Ben Richards' upcoming stint in The Bodyguard? I can understand him wanting to move on, but it's extremely poor planning by the writers to halt a storyline like this, as he still doesn't know about Carly.

Unless they bring him back for a short run to learn the truth. Sadly if his run on The Bodyguard lasts several months, the Sienna/Nico plot will be dragged out forever if they have him return.
  • Options
    Bored_At_WorkBored_At_Work Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    How long is Ben Richards' upcoming stint in The Bodyguard? I can understand him wanting to move on, but it's extremely poor planning by the writers to halt a storyline like this, as he still doesn't know about Carly.

Unless they bring him back for a short run to learn the truth. Sadly if his run on The Bodyguard lasts several months, the Sienna/Nico plot will be dragged out forever if they have him return.

I think his initial contract is 6 months... but if its a success could be extended.
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to admit I'm surprised and it does look like this has left the door open for a future return (or not).

Whilst disappointing from our perspective that he never found out the truth it means if he does return there is the option to still have him oblivious or having found out by some means.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a bit rubbish then! Sienna should have told Ben that Nico killed Carly then walked off if that was his last scene.