Options

Simon needs to take a break and Judges replaced...

evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok the nation loves variety, but this series needs mending. Simon looks miserable and should step back and let someone fresh and exciting take the helm. The Judges especially Amanda and the best friends act with Simon need to go. They seem to think they are super talented but really they are in a cosy rut. I assume no one can advise Simon in an objective way due to the fact he owns the format, you have to agree and keep in with him: e.g Amanda to stay and get public exposure I guess. I would get Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne, Ashlee Banjo and Rylan. People along these lines.It is a great show but the Judges are killing it.

Comments

• Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok the nation loves variety, but this series needs mending. Simon looks miserable and should step back and let someone fresh and exciting take the helm. The Judges especially Amanda and the best friends act with Simon need to go. They seem to think they are super talented but really they are in a cosy rut. I assume no one can advise Simon in an objective way due to the fact he owns the format, you have to agree and keep in with him: e.g Amanda to stay and get public exposure I guess. I would get Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne, Ashlee Banjo and Rylan. People along these lines.It is a great show but the Judges are killing it.

I would like to see David and Amanda go, . I liked Alesha until her disgracful behaviour pressing Amanda and David's buzzers during a live show.
    Maybe ten years is long enough for BGT.
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't put that gimp Rylan anywhere near it
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't agree more (well, except for the bit about Rylan :o). But if they want to save the show they do need to tone down the judge's part, as it was never anywhere near as much about them in the early 2007-2009 days... it was always mostly about the acts. So I think they need to rethink that as well as replace some of the judges, as I can't see an ego trip like Walliams being happy with being told to reign it in a notch.

I also think they would benefit from doing the show every couple of years rather than annually, although they probably should have started doing that since it started.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    I would like to see David and Amanda go, . I liked Alesha until her disgracful behaviour pressing Amanda and David's buzzers during a live show.
    I thought David was leaving, Yes I include Alesha as a Judge who needs replaced. 10 years is long enough for Amanda and Simon, the show still has legs to go on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turbulence wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more (well, except for the bit about Rylan :o). But if they want to save the show they do need to tone down the judge's part, as it was never anywhere near as much about them in the early 2007-2009 days... it was always mostly about the acts. So I think they need to rethink that as well as replace some of the judges, as I can't see an ego trip like Walliams being happy with being told to reign it in a notch.

I also think they would benefit from doing the show every couple of years rather than annually, although they probably should have started doing that since it started.
    The focus on the Judges was overbearing and really put me off, the continual close up of Amanda and Alesha's gawping faces when I wanted to see the act was pointless. The act should be on screen till they stop for the viewers (Camera crew and producer need their P45's too).
  • Options
    ddjddj Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The focus on the Judges was overbearing and really put me off, the continual close up of Amanda and Alesha's gawping faces when I wanted to see the act was pointless. The act should be on screen till they stop for the viewers (Camera crew and producer need their P45's too).

Totally agree with above esp bit about the act needing to be on screen till they stop.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with the current panel. They work well together and the only way i'd change things if any of them specifically asked to leave.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,636
    Forum Member
    Re; the close up shots of Amanda and Alesha are there as a brainwashing technique used to basically tell the viewers at home what they should be thinking too.

So if Amanda is seen smiling with pride, the viewers is being made to think the act is good.

If Simon is seen laughing, the viewers are supposed to find the act hilarious (which can fail, some "funny" acts leave me stone faced as I just don't find them that funny!!!)

Etc...it's all part of the editing even on a live show.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    I disagree only judge change I think is needed is David to be fired
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the judges have become too cliqucy with each other I like alesha but her and Amanda together are awful I like david but feel like he's being pushed out.
    They have all been signed up for another year according to simon think it's a mistake.
    would love Sharon to be on it and ashley banjo no chance till 2017.
  • Options
    Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the current panel and the relationships between them. So am glad they are all coming back.
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not only Simon and the judges who need to take a break ...the whole show needs to be dumped.

The audience are obviously being hyped up to yell and scream on demand to the point where the acts themselves cannot be heard. When they watch other 'stars' not involved in the competition , they react in a normal way - simply watching and then applauding at the end as we saw in the final.

The 'judges' are the 'best act' on the show . They must spend hours in coaching to learn the surprised/amazed/disbelieving expressions they regularly adopt - not to mention all that leaping to their feet at the drop of a hat to demonstrate their appreciation of an act they are later perfectly happy to vote off.

The acts themselves ...more than in any previous years ... include 'turns' brought in from similar programmes in other countries - and as such are not in any way a representation of 'British Talent' .

So , despite all the hype , the show appears contrived, tired and 'rigged'.

Time for a break ? For sure !
  • Options
    Jane_Lee3Jane_Lee3 Posts: 1,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon and Amanda can stay.... but ditch racist, pointless Alesha who only gets excited and rants and raves when the act consists of black people,. And also get rid of David. I am sick of his faux campness, and his insincerity ... Also, he's boring and not funny anymore.

Although Simon did grate on me with the stupid acts he supported this year. He can still stay though.

I would be quite happy to see Rylan there. I really like him actually. Anyone acting all aghast at the thought of Rylan, obviously hasn't seen him on tv properly for any length of time. He's funny and interesting to listen to, and does well at interviewing.

It would also be nice if the acts were genuine amateur acts too. Not scouted, stage school brats, and semi professionals.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For me, it would feel incredibly weird not seeing Amanda on the Britain's Got Talent panel. I think Alesha's okay. I can't be bothered with David, especially when he gives a 'yes' to a very average, and below average act.
  • Options
    MusicQueenMusicQueen Posts: 15,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously think that David or Simon need to leave. Maybe replace Simon with somebody more 'comical' to go with David (e.g. Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh etc.) :):p ;-) :D:blush: :cool: :o ^_^ :rolleyes:
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying anything, but you guys should watch Americas Got Talent somehow. Not youtube clips, but full episode.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    I would like to see David and Amanda go. I liked Alesha until her disgracful behaviour pressing Amanda and David's buzzers during a live show.

Totally agree about Alesha's behaviour. She should be ashamed of herself.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suniil wrote: »
    I'm not saying anything, but you guys should watch Americas Got Talent somehow. Not youtube clips, but full episode.

How? Can't find it online.

Maybe just easier if you said what you mean
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suniil wrote: »
    I saw a promo for AGT on true channel on Freeview starts next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How? Can't find it online.

Maybe just easier if you said what you mean
    True channel 68 0n Freeview are showing all the shows, next week sometime. Sharon was a judge on AGT . Louis and Sharon are wonderful and really sit well together and that is why I think it will enhance and save BGT. Simon is dull and not suited
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree only judge change I think is needed is David to be fired
    I like David the most out of the four.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree SC is too old and too out of touch now, and far to scruffy, he needs to retire.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True channel 68 0n Freeview are showing all the shows, next week sometime. Sharon was a judge on AGT . Louis and Sharon are wonderful and really sit well together and that is why I think it will enhance and save BGT. Simon is dull and not suited

They're doing X Factor so can't see them doing BGT
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judging panel are fine as they are in my opinion.

They work so well together and are the most fun judging panel on British TV. Doesn't need changing at all. :)
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the two women get replaced but that's not going to happen unless they want to leave. Simon isn't going to change any part of the show after how badly damaged The X Factor was after changing the panel every year.