Options

EE: Episode Thread Monday 30-05-16 The Prodigals Return

Comments

• Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You lot make lm laugh it was only two week s ago you were all wanting a Johnny/hot paramedic relationship now its Johnny/Steven whos next Johnny/Andy?
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    You lot make lm laugh it was only two week s ago you were all wanting a Johnny/hot paramedic relationship now its Johnny/Steven whos next Johnny/Andy?

All three of those, please, although for Johnny's sake not all at the same time. :p
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long is the Steven character around for I assume till Lauren catches him with someone else presumably johnny
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    How long is the Steven character around for I assume till Lauren catches him with someone else presumably johnny
    The actor made it sound like he was back permanently.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad that Ian and Jane are finally on the same page about Bobby. Although it must be beyond terrifying to have to wait to see if you've become paralysed for good. :(

The Lauren x Steven thing is both yawn-inducing and gross... I wonder what reasoning they'll use that pushed them together.
  • Options
    EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When he was asked this he seemed unsure how to answer this and said just to watch and see. I think Steven will be forced to leave the square and return in a few weeks permanently.

Jane's bombshell will be revealed later this week (probably tomorrow) after Ian receives news on the Bobby case.

A bit annoyed that Lauren and Steven are together after her lovely exit with Peter last year and the fact they had a baby together >:(

Preview for tomorrow's episode looks good: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a795966/eastenders-preview-abi-finds-out-truth/

Steven was trending on Twitter with 70.6k tweets but then I realised that it was trending due to other Stevens as well e.g. Steven Gerrard or Steven Wright :D
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,511
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    The actor made it sound like he was back permanently.
    Yep and there's many promo photos of him. I think it's a genius idea to bring back Stephen permanently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Glad that Ian and Jane are finally on the same page about Bobby.
    it's all a bit too little too late IMO.

The police know that Lucy didn't die on the common so it seems DTC is retconning his own stories now.

I'm sure Bobby would have dropped them in it by now. The way he confessed in the end was so casual. And the police would've dug for as much info as possible.

The way this story has been written, it wouldn't surprise me if the next stage is the Beales being presented as victims of Max. The whole 'we did the right thing but it failed' angle and leaving Bobby to his fate isn't enough redemption for the Beales IMO. The story went beyond that the minute Max went to prison for them. I could no longer root for the Beales after that.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian was his usual self absorbed self . He had to get validation from Jane and launched into his story before she was even weaned off sedation . Ian had to lumber her with stress before they had attempted to remove her ventilation . He really is a weasel of the lowest order
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I know he's still filming and he's done publicity shots etc so I presume he'll be around for at least a few months unless SOC takes it in completely different direction when he takes the reigns properly in June
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's all a bit too little too late IMO.

The police know that Lucy didn't die on the common so it seems DTC is retconning his own stories now.

I'm sure Bobby would have dropped them in it by now. The way he confessed in the end was so casual. And the police would've dug for as much info as possible.

The way this story has been written, it wouldn't surprise me if the next stage is the Beales being presented as victims of Max. The whole 'we did the right thing but it failed' angle and leaving Bobby to his fate isn't enough redemption for the Beales IMO. The story went beyond that the minute Max went to prison for them. I could no longer root for the Beales after that.

Great point! And as if they wouldn't have thoroughly interned Ian and Jane (once recovered) to find out if they did know anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Ian was his usual self absorbed self . He had to get validation from Jane and launched into his story before she was even weaned off sedation . Ian had to lumber her with stress before they had attempted to remove her ventilation . He really is a weasel of the lowest order

I thought this too. she's just woken up, he has no idea what state she's in, what she remembers, she can't even speak and within ten seconds he lumps all that on her! He could have let her have an hour or two to come round first!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I thought this too. she's just woken up, he has no idea what state she's in, what she remembers, she can't even speak and within ten seconds he lumps all that on her! He could have let her have an hour or two to come round first!

He didn't even tell her that Luis looks just like Max.;-)

Ian has always been a selfish slug.
  • Options
    EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great point! And as if they wouldn't have thoroughly interned Ian and Jane (once recovered) to find out if they did know anything.

Last week Ian didn't seem at shocked in front of the police that he was ''hearing for the first time'' that Bobby killed Lucy. Instead he was just adamant that the police were twisting Bobby's words and taking advantage of him. Ian didn't actually talk about how bizarre the suggestion was or bring up Max. The police didn't even wonder why he wasn't shocked at the revelation itself!

Ian did mention however that they want to interrogate everyone who was living in the house at the time. Jane wasn't living there but Denise and Cindy were. I hope Bobby brings up hearing Denise's fight with Lucy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE.Live wrote: »
    Last week Ian didn't seem at shocked in front of the police that he was ''hearing for the first time'' that Bobby killed Lucy. Instead he was just adamant that the police were twisting Bobby's words and taking advantage of him. Ian didn't actually talk about how bizarre the suggestion was or bring up Max.

Yes, and his face when Bobby stood in the corridor and continued confessing was a real picture! It was clearly the face of a man going "oh *dear me* we're right in it now!"
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why wasn't Aaron Sidwell in the credits??

Can't wait too see more of him in the future 😊
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I know he's still filming and he's done publicity shots etc so I presume he'll be around for at least a few months unless SOC takes it in completely different direction when he takes the reigns properly in June
    I hope SOC keeps him. I was pleasantly surprised by him. Aaron's acting has improved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think his return was supposed to be a surprise hence the credit omission.
  • Options
    Majik1Majik1 Posts: 7,001
    Forum Member
    Why isn't Jack concerned that Max is in jail for a crime he didn't commit? I must have missed that episode.
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was in my credits though ;-)
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member

I noticed this too. Hes been in 2 episodes now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Majik1 wrote: »
    Why isn't Jack concerned that Max is in jail for a crime he didn't commit? I must have missed that episode.
    Jack seems to hate Max for some reason. Even though they parted on friendly terms. They were only ever rivals under Santer. He mentioned not believing in Max's innocence but you'd think Bobby handing the murder weapon over to the police would have changed his outlook on things.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Jack seems to hate Max for some reason. Even though they parted on friendly terms. They were only ever rivals under Santer. He mentioned not believing in Max's innocence but you'd think Bobby handing the murder weapon over to the police would have changed his outlook on things.

But do the locals know that, in fact do they even know he's out on bail etc. I can't imagine Ian bragging about it.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When did Lauren stop loving Peter and fall in love with his brother
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Same here. I never understood the hatred for Steven in his previous stint, I quite liked him.
    He was a very very naughty boy
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Poor JB waits all this time for Lauren's returns and gets banned so can't enjoy it, is it permanent?
    Has JB's tele been removed ?
    lola_skye wrote: »
    How can he forgive one psycho son over another?
    Not his son
    antero wrote: »
    How can people afford to get on a flight from NZ, Aus, USA etc at the drop of a hat?
    They actually travelled from Sothend
    Steven seems a decent character more life in him that Peter ever had
    He is a nutter with silly hair.
    StevieR wrote: »
    Kathy and Buster went a long way just to get a tea.
    Just one person is running the whole market
    Lion_60 wrote: »
    So Lauren must deal with the Beale desaster and the the mess in the Branning family. Poor girl.
    She did nothing about it. She just left
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Lauren and Steven's attitudes are puzzling

Steven seems rather chilled with the fact Bobby killed Lucy.
    He would regard it as normal
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Yep and there's many promo photos of him. I think it's a genius idea to bring back Stephen permanently.
    He is not permanent