Options

Who here loves watching tennis on Clay

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,139
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I have to admit im not a great fan of tennis on clay, maybe because of the long rallies. Do you like watching tennis on clay

Comments

• Options
    BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grass is my favourite to watch (probably because I grew up watching Wimbledon). Both hard and clay have their advantages/disadvantages for me. The hard courts are easier for me to see the ball but I hate the squeaking and the clay, I love the sliding but hate the lack of Hawkeye and seeing the umpires constantly getting out of their seats to check a call.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    I like it a lot more than hard courts. Clay and grass are my favourites - they're so different but they both create something to watch.

completely agree with you striing.

one trivial thing i really hate about watching hard court matches is the squeak of the footwear on the court it's horrific like nails on a blackboard.:blush:
  • Options
    wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »

one trivial thing i really hate about watching hard court matches is the squeak of the footwear on the court it's horrific like nails on a blackboard.:blush:

I can't stand it!
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    I can't stand it!

Ha! all these years i've kept quiet about it thinking it was only me!! :D
    We should start a support group :kitty:
  • Options
    tartan-belletartan-belle Posts: 14,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »

Argh! Yes, it's horrible and puts me off the tennis

ETA: to answer the question - for years I only had access like many people to Wimbledon but I do like clay now I can watch it
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Love clay. Weird to play on although quite fun. I grew up playing only on hard courts (and am old) so hit too flat for clay though. It's a spin game.
    I love playing on grass but it's my least favourite surface to watch tennis, especially in damp weather. It's better than it was in the Goran days, with just 2 blokes serving at each other though.
    I don't mind the shoes on hard courts. I mind the shrieking players/women players though!