MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like rats deserting a sinking ship.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
  • Options
    Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Thread link -

"Labour’s Khalid Mahmood is expected to follow Dr Sarah Wollaston, who defected to the Remain campaign over Leave’s ‘false’ NHS claims"

"Embarrassingly Mr Mahmood is expected to blame the "racist" undertones of the Brexit campaign for his decision saying Vote Leave has been "hijacked" by the issues of immigration and race. "

Is there anything good about Brexit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    It's destroyed Boris
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »

The Brexiters think there is! I'm having a good laugh at the thread on the ITV debate where they think their side's coming across brilliantly and the Remain side are awful, when really both sides are being just as bad.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    It's destroyed Boris

And Gove.

And most gratifyingly IDS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    And Gove.

IDS was destroyed a long time ago.

But it has had the advantage of outing all the real nutters
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    And Gove.

It is noticeable that Mr Duncan Smith (a.ka. "I.D.S") hasn't been seen so much recently. Even the Leave campaign must recognise that he doesn't do them any good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    It is noticeable that Mr Duncan Smith (a.ka. "I.D.S") hasn't been seen so much recently. Even the Leave campaign must recognise that he doesn't do them any good.

He's facing Andrew Neil next week- I'm sure he's looking forward to that :D
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how this new approach from the dark lords of Remain is going to help, it is a secret ballot after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    I don't see how this new approach from the dark lords of Remain is going to help, it is a secret ballot after all.

Brexit risks the NHS
    Brexit is racist.

You do know that they can work out who you are from your "secret" ballot. Wouldn't want to risk voting for Brexit just in case the Dark Lords / Illuminati / Lizard Lords come for you.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,626
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    He's facing Andrew Neil next week- I'm sure he's looking forward to that :D
    I am looking forward to the DS thread about that.
    All the ones saying Andrew Neil ripped Osbourne apart will no doubt be screaming bias son as a tricky question is asked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the DS thread about that.
    All the ones saying Andrew Neil ripped Osbourne apart will no doubt be screaming bias son as a tricky question is asked.

It's like the thread on the ITV debate, none of them are uttering a word about Boris cutting in and shouting over the other side (which he's doing lots of), even though they're attacking the other side doing it to him ;)
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    It's good to see a stream of decent people moving away from leave and their disgusting campaign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like watching a car crash, you know you shouldn't but you can't stop yourself
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »

Nor has scandal ridden John Whittingdale....
  • Options
    RRLRRL Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile Andy Burham has said Brexit will win the referendum and Owen Smith conceded it was on a knife edge.

Both on Newsnight 9/6/2016
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    The Brexiters think there is! I'm having a good laugh at the thread on the ITV debate where they think their side's coming across brilliantly and the Remain side are awful, when really both sides are being just as bad.

Not entirely fair Stuart got her points over- control, control, and control. Sturgeon pretty much filleted Boris. Eagle is unblessed by her pitch of voice, but she hit all her points for labour voters - if any are listening

I think Rudd was too hectoring schoolmam- sub Thatcher. They would have done better to use somone who sounds more like Truss or Greening.

A one on one debate would have seen Sturgeon follow up on her question about whether Boris was lying in the past, when he said the opposite to now, or now. He was desperately trying to avoid answering that - and couldn't have in a 1 on 1 .
  • Options
    Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    They should be more worried about John Mann joining them. Bit of a loose cannon.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RRL wrote: »
    Meanwhile Andy Burham has said Brexit will win the referendum and Owen Smith conceded it was on a knife edge.

Both on Newsnight 9/6/2016

The Andy Burnham piece on Newsnight was very interesting showing how disconnected Labour have become from their traditional voters.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    They should be more worried about John Mann joining them. Bit of a loose cannon.

I believe there are three Labour MPs declaring for leave?

Who needs the flip floppers.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the 3 MPs who have tonight come out in favour of Leave - Dennis Skinner John Mann and Paul Maynard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let them, the vast majority of Labour MPs are still in favour of remain.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    'Mr Mahmood said he was "disappointed" by Boris Johnson's comments about Barack Obama's father being from Kenya and by the focus on Turkish accession'.

Wow is that all it took, just shows how committed he was.

(if at all)
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,237
    Forum Member
    Morlock wrote: »
    Like rats deserting a sinking ship.

In this case though, they seem to be joining a sinking ship.