Options

Eastenders - Thick Mick

HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He okay with baby snatching Babe and the other various murderers/attempted murderers among his life/customers.

But Jay gets the cold shoulder over a misunderstanding that wasn't he fault.

Mick is probably one of the dense characters ever.

Comments

• Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mick seems to have forgotten that he himself is a convicted sex offender.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not right but it is realistic that people would respond like that.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harlowe you're fab blah blah :p but leave mymick alone >:(
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Mick but he should have stfu tonight :(
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's an idiot and an arse.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mick hardly knows Jay. He's reacting to what Jay has been accused and convicted of and admitted to without knowing the full facts. As viewers we are more clued-up on Jay's character and the storyline than Mick is.

What about all those people who were giving him dirty looks in the market? What about the person who spray painted 'pedo' on the Mitchell's back gate? What about the guy tonight who didn't give him a job? Are they all thick too?

Even Phil who is like a surrogate father to Jay has turned his back on him. People are naturally wary and judgemental where stuff like this is concerned.
  • Options
    omar.omar. Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the typical pseudo hardman 'Guvnor' all brawn no brains or intelligence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean LHolmes but it's not as if Mick doesn't know who Jay is and he is aware of the situation and how it played out between Linzi and Jay. So you would think he would give Jay a chance. As for outsiders who don't know Jay, of course they will react in a negative way.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally out of character Tonight.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean LHolmes but it's not as if Mick doesn't know who Jay is and he is aware of the situation and how it played out between Linzi and Jay. So you would think he would give Jay a chance. As for outsiders who don't know Jay, of course they will react in a negative way.

but he doesn't all he has to go on is the scene in the vic, Jay saying he is innocent then pleading guilty in court

so Mick doesn't know the in's and out's and so his reaction is in keeping with how folk do react without knowing all the facts
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,405
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Mick seems to have forgotten that he himself is a convicted sex offender.

JB you are completely spot on, someone should throw it in his face. Where's Nev when you need him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    but he doesn't all he has to go on is the scene in the vic, Jay saying he is innocent then pleading guilty in court

so Mick doesn't know the in's and out's and so his reaction is in keeping with how folk do react without knowing all the facts

Yeah its classic soap cliché of judging a character known for years to be decent.

In all fairness given the fact has family disowned him what else would you expect non related people to do :D
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a good reminder to all young men they need to be very careful about girls ages - I have a 19 year old son and I have been drumming this into him since he turned 16.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's an idiot and an arse.

No doubt about it. But just because he's 'fit' he seems to get away with it.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a good reminder to all young men they need to be very careful about girls ages - I have a 19 year old son and I have been drumming this into him since he turned 16.

And vice versa. A young woman could think a guy was her age but he might only be 15. It has to be equal.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    JB you are completely spot on, someone should throw it in his face. Where's Nev when you need him?

Few things would please me more than Nev sending a few blokes round tooled up to give Mick a good hiding. If Shakil gets caught in the cross fire too, so be it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »

Not really as he's hardly the only one who's being judging Jay.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is also rude and obnoxious towards the staff who look after Ollie in the hospital . I find Mick oafish and a bit of a bully
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate Mick. Sooner he is murdered the better. Release Bobby or Dean just to murder him or have Ronnie kill him as her latest accidental murder.
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people on here are saying that Mick is only going on the fact that Jay pleaded guilty, but as JB said Mick has a conviction himself which he only took on to save Ian. He was judged by the locals at the time so he knows what it's like to plead guilty and then be an outcast when you've done nothing wrong. You would think that of all people Mick would be the one to be on Jay's side. Shirley should have reminded Mick of his conviction when she was defending jay tonight.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people on here are saying that Mick is only going on the fact that Jay pleaded guilty, but as JB said Mick has a conviction himself which he only took on to save Ian. He was judged by the locals at the time so he knows what it's like to plead guilty and then be an outcast when you've done nothing wrong. You would think that of all people Mick would be the one to be on Jay's side. Shirley should have reminded Mick of his conviction when she was defending jay tonight.

but why? he doesn't know he is innocent and he pleaded guilty in court.

not everyone who claims innocence is telling the truth.

maybe if they had a conversation about it then, mick might be more inclined to believe his innocence but he is just going on what he knows
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Mick hardly knows Jay. He's reacting to what Jay has been accused and convicted of and admitted to without knowing the full facts. As viewers we are more clued-up on Jay's character and the storyline than Mick is.

What about all those people who were giving him dirty looks in the market? What about the person who spray painted 'pedo' on the Mitchell's back gate? What about the guy tonight who didn't give him a job? Are they all thick too?

Even Phil who is like a surrogate father to Jay has turned his back on him. People are naturally wary and judgemental where stuff like this is concerned.

This. All this Phil, Mick etc know him it is irrelevant. These days you do not know who is in your home or what they are capable of. Easy as a viewer to say he is a good lad, characters will find it hard especially as he admitted it. I think had it not been Jay in storyline and someone like Dexter etc. I think reactions would be very different. As Jay is so liked people feel for him etc.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I cringed as Jay was trying to explain himself to the garage man, it all was coming out completely wrong and the minute he ominously said "i'm on the register...." it was all over for him.

Obviously it was meant to be said like that, in order for Jay to screw it up etc, but in real life, if he'd worded it differently and not made himself out to look worse than he actually is, then the man would have got a different reaction....

If he'd said something like, " i got into trouble because my girlfriend who I dated for a couple of months, was fifteen instead of being 16 which I had originally assumed she was....." then noone would see anything wrong with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good on you. The storyline in some way will be an eye opener to young men. Because it could happen to anyone.
    Sylvia wrote: »

Of course. Looks make you immune to anything. The world we live in today.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay has a pretty good defence to be fair. He never hid Linzey away. They had dates in the pub, he brought her home to meet Ben and Abi. Not one person in the pub or anywhere pulled Jay up about her age. They were all happy to believe she was 18.