Options

Charlie may be more vulnerable than we know.

WishesWishes Posts: 332
Forum Member
Perhaps this poor woman may have been suicidal after the split. Maybe that's why Jason is so trepidatious? Big Brother used to be scrupulous picking housemate. Then they let in the real nutters and vulnerable people. Maybe they will let anyone in now.

Comments

• Options
    Miss.DMiss.D Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for her. It is clear she is having tremendous difficulties in pulling away from Jason and it is clear he does not want her. Whilst people are having fun calling her a bunny boiler, maybe she does have some issues that nobody knows about. I don't find it funny, to be honest.
  • Options
    jez37jez37 Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although she does come across as a bit pathetic, I do feel sorry for her.

I have a feeling if she were to stop giving him the attention that she would probably have a better chance of getting him back as some men thrive of of this.
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is enjoying the attention from her, that's why he isn't being straight with her and letting her know there is no hope in or out of the house. Which is unfair on Charlie as I feel she would accept that and move on, if he was man enough to be honest with her.
  • Options
    tmjtmj Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand, she is starting to come across as annoying - but that is partly BB's fault for only showing her during these moments with Jason. From the other HMs comments, she seems to have integrated well and is getting along with everyone, but we don't really see that.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for her because I (and most people I'm sure) have probably experienced that horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach when you really like somebody and it's unrequited, or even worse, dangling like a carrot in front of you but unable to grab it, as is the case for Charlie.

Still, if this is going to be her storyline for the series then I hope Jason or her leave soon, it's beyond tedious now.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    In all honesty, I think she's very vulnerable and I feel immensely sorry for her. However, my compassion is limited given that she apparently thinks going onto Big Brother is going to help matters. It's such a crazy thing that I think everyone considering it should given serious consideration to the state of their mental health first, and if you're feeling at all unhappy or depressed it's really not a good idea. That said, the producers should check that out as well - I'm not sure they should have let Charlie go on it.
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    momoriro wrote: »
    He is enjoying the attention from her, that's why he isn't being straight with her and letting her know there is no hope in or out of the house. Which is unfair on Charlie as I feel she would accept that and move on, if he was man enough to be honest with her.

I've lost count of the number of time Jason has told her that he wants nothing more than friendship from her in the house.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tmj wrote: »
    On one hand, she is starting to come across as annoying - but that is partly BB's fault for only showing her during these moments with Jason. From the other HMs comments, she seems to have integrated well and is getting along with everyone, but we don't really see that.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for her because I (and most people I'm sure) have probably experienced that horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach when you really like somebody and it's unrequited, or even worse, dangling like a carrot in front of you but unable to grab it, as is the case for Charlie.

Still, if this is going to be her storyline for the series then I hope Jason or her leave soon, it's beyond tedious now.

Yes, most of us have experienced heartache and moved on, failure to do so leads to all sorts of nutty behaviour or behaviour that might be perceived as unacceptable.

You cannot make someone love you if they don't.

I'm sure a woman of Charlies age,(which I very much doubt is 31:o) has also felt the pangs of unrequited love. To go on National television and basically throw herself at a man that doesn't want her is shocking to me.

Where is her dignity:confused:
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    I've lost count of the number of time Jason has told her that he wants nothing more than friendship from her in the house.

The point is "in the house" He's not made it clear nothing will happen outside the house and he needs to.
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    marieukxx wrote: »
    The point is "in the house" He's not made it clear nothing will happen outside the house and he needs to.

It's easy for us to sit here and say he should say this or that. We have no connection to the people involved.

I just think it's a really tricky situation for Jason, as he has said in the past, Charlie has a volatile temper, and when she blows, she blows.

IMO, he is trying to get through this the best way he can by placating her, but at the same time telling her nothing will happen between them in the house, so she backs off. Despite him telling her this, she still pushes herself on him, still wants him to tell her where she stands, still pursues him.

Seems to me he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't
    If he sits her down and says, "I don't want you back, we are finished" - it would come across as perhaps cruel and embarrassing, by declaring that on nation TV and humiliating Charlie.
    If he placates her, as he is doing, he is accused of leading her on.

I feel sorry for him. He seems a genuinely nice bloke.
  • Options
    BillyLaganBillyLagan Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me who thinks all this is scripted?

If Jason can't take it, he could leave the BB house.
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing he 'hasn't told anyone' is possibly a suicide attempt and that's why he tiptoes around her.

I feel incredibly sorry for her, she's like a different person when she's not badgering Jason, but she's clearly heartbroken. We've all been there but most of us have been lucky enough not to have it broadcast on TV for everyone else's entertainment when we are perhaps not behaving at our most rational.

I think the best thing that could happen now is for Jason to be voted out and then for her to walk.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    momoriro wrote: »

I have heard him say several times that they are NOT TOGETHER and in one of the convos that she should move on. Forgive me, but what part of that is not being straight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BillyLagan wrote: »
    Is it just me who thinks all this is scripted?

If Jason can't take it, he could leave the BB house.

But why should he have to? If he wanted to get on the show and was finally given the opportunity, why should he leave just because his ex followed him in? He hasn't done anything wrong.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ach - she chose to follow him on to BB didn't she? So she chose the public nature of it too.

And if she was a man, there would be very few cries of 'vulnerable' and far more of 'stalker'.

She needs to grow up, sad though she is and get on with it. If she thinks there's a chance outside the house, then hold it to her heart and be FRIENDS inside it.

She needs to back off.

That's IF it's not all some prearranged game.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    She strikes me as someone who is very used to getting her own way and isn't used to being told "No". I think Jason is in a very difficult position and I think he's been a little to tactful with her tbh. Imo he looks terrified of her at times and that may be why he hasn't just told her to get lost. She driving me mad so I have no idea how he's putting up with her.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is another ill-judged scenario set-up by BB.
    I am not sure what they are trying to achieve, I can not see any realistic positive outcome to this situation.
    Charlie sooner or later is going to realise he is not interested and then what happens?
    Does she walk, does he walk, does she refuse to speak to him again...any event is a downer for everyone with no feel good factor.
    She seemed very happy in the DR the other night so maybe she is just pretending to be love-lorn as that is the script BB wants her to follow, and she is not bothered about Jason at all.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thing he 'hasn't told anyone' is possibly a suicide attempt and that's why he tiptoes around her.

I feel incredibly sorry for her, she's like a different person when she's not badgering Jason, but she's clearly heartbroken. We've all been there but most of us have been lucky enough not to have it broadcast on TV for everyone else's entertainment when we are perhaps not behaving at our most rational.

I think the best thing that could happen now is for Jason to be voted out and then for her to walk.

Oh for goodness sake, do you think she was forced at gunpoint to go on Big Brother and make an absolute show of herself.:confused:

She has done so of her own violation

She is positively ruining Jason's experience in the house and imo, he would be a fool to ever entertain her again. It's all so unstable.

She needs to get a bl**dy grip and a bit of dignity.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    It's easy for us to sit here and say he should say this or that. We have no connection to the people involved.

I just think it's a really tricky situation for Jason, as he has said in the past, Charlie has a volatile temper, and when she blows, she blows.

IMO, he is trying to get through this the best way he can by placating her, but at the same time telling her nothing will happen between them in the house, so she backs off. Despite him telling her this, she still pushes herself on him, still wants him to tell her where she stands, still pursues him.

Seems to me he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't
    If he sits her down and says, "I don't want you back, we are finished" - it would come across as perhaps cruel and embarrassing, by declaring that on nation TV and humiliating Charlie.
    If he placates her, as he is doing, he is accused of leading her on.

I feel sorry for him. He seems a genuinely nice bloke.

He does but he's not the sharpest knife in the box! I agree he's in a no-win situation but he does send out extremely mixed messages!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    He does but he's not the sharpest knife in the box! I agree he's in a no-win situation but he does send out extremely mixed messages!

I don't think he's unintelligent. He proved himself with the flood, making sure that everyone knew not to touch the electrics, that all the doors were closed etc.
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake, do you think she was forced at gunpoint to go on Big Brother and make an absolute show of herself.:confused:

She has done so of her own violation

She is positively ruining Jason's experience in the house and imo, he would be a fool to ever entertain her again. It's all so unstable.

She needs to get a bl**dy grip and a bit of dignity.

Maybe she genuinely didn't know he was in there? Maybe she saw it as a way to move on? It's a lot easier to get over someone when you aren't locked in 2 rooms with them.
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying it's up to Jason to walk or get voted out to solve the situation. What? :confused:

This isn't his fault at all. Why should he be the one to sacrifice himself for someone who's doing all the pining and pressuring? As someone said above, if the genders were reversed and a guy was pining over a girl who wasn't interested they'd be labeled a stalker and any thread or opinion saying they felt sorry for him would be dismissed instantly. And there would be uproar if it was suggested the girl was "leading him on".
  • Options
    scottishmagscottishmag Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she needs lip reduction surgery, her lips are offensive to me
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tmj wrote: »

As story arcs go, Craig and Anfoneee did it better. I give zero f*cks about the Charlie and Jason situation - partly because I just don't buy it as genuine, the whole set up is way too contrived, IMO.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she needs lip reduction surgery, her lips are offensive to me

The germolene coloured lipstick sets them off a real treat doesn't it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe she genuinely didn't know he was in there? Maybe she saw it as a way to move on? It's a lot easier to get over someone when you aren't locked in 2 rooms with them.

Regardless, Big Brother is a really stressful thing to do and isn't good for one's mental health (loads of past Housemates have had issues with depression upon leaving) so if she was already feeling a bit vulnerable it was very foolish of her to do it, I feel. That said, I think the producers have a lot to answer for.

I do feel sorry for her, even though I'm not her biggest fan.