Options

If Theresa May calls a snap poll she will wipe out Corbyn with a 100 seat majority

Comments

• Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    When i start seeing some negative threads about the Tories I'll be more convinced... not going to hold my breath though.

Yep exactly.
  • Options
    British BrewBritish Brew Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    He clearly does. Put in a very big effort here trying to woo people like me back to Labour in a bid to stop Corbyn.

Why bother - so we can have 2 tory parties! Tory Original and Tory Blair!
    FFS - people need proper political choices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unless waiting 40 years means no illegal invasions,no bankrupt banking systems ,PFI in the NHS is crippling NHS trusts i work for one so know, the Labour hierarchy enriching themselves look at messers Blair ,Mandelson, Hoon,and Straw.

What do people want from government.?

Whatever it is the government of Blair did not serve working classes very well decimated in Scotland,their northern heartlands turning to UKIP what a legacy the last Labour government have left,,

Spot on mate!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Options
    JavedJaved Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    When i start seeing some negative threads about the Tories I'll be more convinced... not going to hold my breath though.

You and all the other posters who are criticising Hilda for starting threads - it's a discussion forum, that's how it works. If you don't like the subject of Hilda's threads, and it's entirely her perogative, then start a few of your own, why don't you ?! Then we'll see how YOU like it when people start nitpicking and questioning your motives instead of engaging with the subject of the thread. Go on, then! What's stopping you? Surely there must be at least one of you who wants to start a Pro-Corbyn thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    Does not support Corbyn, you mean. The Labour Party is not Corbyn. It's about time you realised that. ^_^

Corbyn is not Blairite 'New Labour' - that's good enough for me!
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What so we can have another enrich yourself Blair type project.

The problem isn't with having a progressive left wing "to do" list, it's that Corbyn comes across as bumbling, inept and controlled by Momentum, who many traditional Labour voters see simply as the SWP/ No Borders in disguise.
    A firebrand who could torture the Tories still might not get Labour elected, but at least we'd have some decent opposition, and people like me might listen.
    On top of this, Labour have another "rock and a hard place" - that they are in a post-referendum world where many of those traditional voters chose Leave in the north, midlands and 'tougher' towns of the south. They are busy watching Mrs "Brexit means Brexit", not their natural choice of leader, but there it is.
    All that Corbyn can do, when there's a mountain to climb, is split the Labour opposition into warring factions which will probably see the party divide. Very sad, but realistic.
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Another one who's obsessed with the word 'Blairite' but doesn't seem to know what it means. :D
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem isn't with having a progressive left wing "to do" list, it's that Corbyn comes across as bumbling, inept and controlled by Momentum, who many traditional Labour voters see simply as the SWP/ No Borders in disguise.
    A firebrand who could torture the Tories still might not get Labour elected, but at least we'd have some decent opposition, and people like me might listen.
    On top of this, Labour have another "rock and a hard place" - that they are in a post-referendum world where many of those traditional voters chose Leave in the north, midlands and 'tougher' towns of the south. They are busy watching Mrs "Brexit means Brexit", not their natural choice of leader, but there it is.
    All that Corbyn can do, when there's a mountain to climb, is split the Labour opposition into warring factions which will probably see the party divide. Very sad, but realistic.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Javed wrote: »
    You and all the other posters who are criticising Hilda for starting threads - it's a discussion forum, that's how it works. If you don't like the subject of Hilda's threads, and it's entirely her perogative, then start a few of your own, why don't you ?! Then we'll see how YOU like it when people start nitpicking and questioning your motives instead of engaging with the subject of the thread. Go on, then! What's stopping you? Surely there must be at least one of you who wants to start a Pro-Corbyn thread?

Javed - it comes across as hypocritical - and does make you wonder if Hildaonpluto is really working for Tory central office.

Besides - why start a hate thread, and so many of them!? I don't like the Tories, but I don't start a hate thread on them!
  • Options
    Forum Member

In that case, you really will get the Government you deserve.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,044
    Forum Member
    Why bother - so we can have 2 tory parties! Tory Original and Tory Blair!
    FFS - people need proper political choices.

And people don't believe Corbyn's Labour is a proper political choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Javed - it comes across as hypocritical - and does make you wonder if Hildaonpluto is really working for Tory central office.

Besides - why start a hate thread, and so many of them!? I don't like the Tories, but I don't start a hate thread on them!

Where is the hate?! She is reporting what was on Sky Oress Preview. A possible snap GE is very topical right now - as is the effect on Labour. And if you don't like the thread, there are plenty of others. Or why not start one yourself ? No need to hijack Hilda's thread and start ganging up on her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another one who's obsessed with the word 'Blairite' but doesn't seem to know what it means. :D

Blairite to me is shorthand for when Labour shifted away from its roots and took on Tory policies. That's why the Labour vote has collapsed in its heartlands, nothing to do with Corbyn - but he might be able to repair the damage.

If you don't like it - vote Tory - its the same thing to what 'New Labour' was!
    At least under Corbyn I get a choice, apart from voting UKIP!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blairite to me is shorthand for when Labour shifted away from its roots and took on Tory policies. That's why the Labour vote has collapsed in its heartlands, nothing to do with Corbyn - but he might be able to repair the damage.
    Tre

Nah. Under the Tories I had to wait years for a hip op but under New Labour it was a few months. Saved me from excruciating pain every minute of every day. You know nowt, mate. No offence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where is the hate?! She is reporting what was on Sky Oress Preview. A possible snap GE is very topical right now - as is the effect on Labour. And if you don't like the thread, there are plenty of others. Or why not start one yourself ? No need to hijack Hilda's thread and start ganging up on her.

hijack and ganging up on Hilda!?
    You make me sound like a terrorist!
    Whoever Hilda is, he or she is not the sort of member I think the Labour Party needs.
    I think he or she has wasted £25.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,044
    Forum Member

Yeah, voting for a party with practically zero chance of ever implementing a single policy sounds like a real choice. Or does it just sound like the Green Party
  • Options
    bigpodbigpod Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    The PM has no power to call an election these days.

I suppose the point of such a suggestion is really to undermine Corbyn, but the question to be asked is why would anyone be fearful of such a liability that Corbyn is supposed to be?

Easy. TM tells the Tories she wants an election - calls a vote of no confidence in parliament, stresses it is tactical, and gets all the Tories to vote against her. It is then up to Labour whether to vote for almost certain oblivion, or to say they support her to avoid an election. What japes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nah. Under the Tories I had to wait years for a hip op but under New Labour it was a few months. Saved me from excruciating pain every minute of every day. You know nowt, mate. No offence.

Would that be in one of those new PFI hospitals that will cost the tax payer a fortune in years to come! Yeah - Labour built up the NHS post war with PFI money - I think not.

Ofcourse Labour post 1997 was totally different to what it had been before, they even rebranded it 'New Labour' - well its a busted brand now.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Yep exactly.

Except my whole posting history taken in the round does contain many threads and posts that are anti Tory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hijack and ganging up on Hilda!?
    You make me sound like a terrorist!
    Whoever Hilda is, he or she is not the sort of member I think the Labour Party needs.
    I think he or she has wasted £25.

Good grief! You're going to PURGE Hilda!!! :o

If you read my post more carefully you will see that it was not directed solely at you. The option not to engage with Hilda's threads, since you find them so objectionable , is freely available to you as is the ability to start your own threads .
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thank you Javed your a treasure 😘

I won't let these type of people drive me out of the Labour party or off these forums. 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good grief! You're going to PURGE Hilda!!! :o

If you read my post more carefully you will see that it was not directed solely at you. The option not to engage with Hilda's threads, since you find them so objectionable , is freely available to you as is the ability to start your own threads .

😁 LOL anyone who tries to purge me will end up a very sorry duck indeed!

I'm not sure why their so touchy?I'm only exercising my posting rights -my threads aren't mandatory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would that be in one of those new PFI hospitals that will cost the tax payer a fortune in years to come! Yeah - Labour built up the NHS post war with PFI money - I think not.

Ofcourse Labour post 1997 was totally different to what it had been before, they even rebranded it 'New Labour' - well its a busted brand now.

If you had ever suffered such pain in your life, you would not give a HOOT where you had the treatment, you would just want the pain gone. This is the problem with political purists, you have no humanity for individual suffering. You happily sacrifice other people's misery for ' the cause'. Well I am thankful to Blair for saving me from daily agony.

And who do you think will save you from Tories now?! Corbyn has no interest in being elected .
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hate thread? Hyperbole galore!
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Well said. My thoughts exactly.

can add me to that as well

i'm happy enough with labour drifting to the left, well maybe apart from foreign policy, but i am not happy with them drifting to the left under someone who is a leader in name only

in the age of clickbait politics his opponents dont even have to try very hard to find things to attack him on, his record over the last 30+ years has provided them with just too much ammo