Options

Walkers competition

karen_charnockkaren_charnock Posts: 1,597
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anybody won a holiday with the latest walkers crisps promotion? I have needed a c and a k for about a week now and just wondered if anybody else is that close

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all a con
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I need a P'.

Actually, I do have some Walkers crisps at home but I haven't checked the competition yet.

As an aside, your comment ' I have needed a c and a k for about a week' has triggered my innuendo monitor for some reason. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    'I need a P'.

Actually, I do have some Walkers crisps at home but I haven't checked the competition yet.

As an aside, your comment ' I have needed a c and a k for about a week' has triggered my innuendo monitor for some reason. :blush:

That made me laugh! Didn't do it on purpose :blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Has anybody won a holiday with the latest walkers crisps promotion? I have needed a c and a k for about a week now and just wondered if anybody else is that close

aww but aren_harno has such a lovely ring to it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww but aren_harno has such a lovely ring to it!
    Stop it!!!! :o:o
  • Options
    lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I looked at this. Like all modern competitions you have to register online. It was far more exciting back in the day when you'd find a sachet in your packet, even if it was only ever for a free packet of crisps.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You already got the other c and the o then.

:D
  • Options
    Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary got his P!
  • Options
    stripestripe Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    remember when they did the rainy day comp, that was a hoot, just looked at the longrange rain radar and bingo, think we took over £300 of them....they lost alot of money.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    You already got the other c and the o then.

:D

Maybe not. They could have f and u....:D
  • Options
    Jonathan1990Jonathan1990 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did win a free packet of crisps when I pulled the sachet out whilst eating a packet in Subway.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have multiples of every single letter except a c, a d and a k. No matter how many codes I enter I just get another letter I don't need. It's a total swizz.

At last count I have 9 y's, 11 x's and 14 u's. I'm never getting a holiday from this thing lol
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ate my way through a ton of crisps trying to win a holiday and I won a pair of love handles
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a usual fix. To get the holiday, you will need certain letters. Some of the letters that are required will be extremely rare - looks like either "c" or "k" will be required for any decent prize, yet the chances of getting one of these is 0.0001%.

Remember the newspaper bingo a few years ago? Several million players, yet only one or two winners. That is because they did not put half a dozen numbers into the draw - these numbers appeared on 99.99% of cards, which therefore could never win.
  • Options
    Charmander1Charmander1 Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    lybertyne wrote: »
    I looked at this. Like all modern competitions you have to register online. It was far more exciting back in the day when you'd find a sachet in your packet, even if it was only ever for a free packet of crisps.

That's because these days they all want you to register and hand over your personal information first. Instant wins are a thing of the past.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every holiday needs at least one K, C, or D and guess which letters don't appear.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I can't even be arsed to look because the last one they had required you to register and I'm not going to give my details and especially email addy, I'd be bombarded with junk.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walkers competition??

How many do we have to kill in a hour?

Tell Rick I'm in!
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »

Glad I wasn't the only one :D
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems that the Advertising Standards Authority agreed that this was a pretty rubbish competition!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37102547
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DMN1968 wrote: »
    It's a usual fix. To get the holiday, you will need certain letters. Some of the letters that are required will be extremely rare - looks like either "c" or "k" will be required for any decent prize, yet the chances of getting one of these is 0.0001%.

Remember the newspaper bingo a few years ago? Several million players, yet only one or two winners. That is because they did not put half a dozen numbers into the draw - these numbers appeared on 99.99% of cards, which therefore could never win.

I seem to recall some controversy over a woman who claimed a win on the bingo but they wouldn't pay out. She'd got half the numbers from the southern edition of the paper and the other half from the northern edition after going on holiday or a businesss trip halfway through the week, and apparently the numbers printed in the northern and southern editions were different.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that if I was running a competition like this I'd make sure that if there were said to be 20,000 prizes I'd make sure that only 20,000 winning packets were distributed.

If going in for a competition I'd like to win - but obviously not everyone can win, otherwise the company would go out of business.
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    DJW13 wrote: »
    I'm sure that if I was running a competition like this I'd make sure that if there were said to be 20,000 prizes I'd make sure that only 20,000 winning packets were distributed.

If going in for a competition I'd like to win - but obviously not everyone can win, otherwise the company would go out of business.

There will be 20,000 winning packets.

In reality, not everyone who eats crisps will engage in the competition - so it wouldn't surprise me if at least 10,000 of the required winning packets go straight into the bin.
  • Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone at work had all the letters apart from "K" for Tokyo. Might've guessed that 'K' would be an unattainable letter!
  • Options
    SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Functionally this is similar to, say, McDonald's Monopoly - they'll only print the number of a certain property equal to the number of prizes available in that group, and then bulk up the supply of available tokens with a huge number of the other properties in the group. Where Walkers fell down with the ASA was saying that 'all letters will be treated equally' in the online pool when that wasn't the case...