Options

Which of the younger actor's on EastEnders do you feel are most vulnerable to the axe

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
Poll to come

Which of the younger character's /actor's do you think are most at risk or on the shakiest ground with the new EP in terms of being axed?

Not so much who you want to be axed although there could be some overlap but who you think is the most vulnerable to it.

It's multiple choice

Arrrgh I've missed of Steven Beale and poll can't be edited!

I think he's the only one and if he is please just use the miscellaneous option eleven for him ta!

Which of the younger character's do you feel are most at risk of the axe? 228 votes

Kyle
19% 45 votes
Rebecca Fowler
8% 19 votes
Ben Mitchell
0% 2 votes
Lee Carter
17% 39 votes
Jay Brown
13% 31 votes
Whitney Dean
10% 23 votes
Johnny Carter
7% 17 votes
Abi Branning
3% 9 votes
Lauren Branning
3% 8 votes
Louise Mitchell
5% 12 votes
Another character who I've forgotten to list please name
10% 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Poll now up 👍:)
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Shakil is at risk, not just because I loathe him, but because the actor is atrocious. Hopefully he'll be first out the door to go and live with his father.

Bex may be at risk depending on how Horrible Sonia goes on maternity leave. Though Martin will still be around, so perhaps not.

Jay's recent arc just feels like it's leading up to an exit, which is a crying shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    I think Shakil is at risk, not just because I loathe him, but because the actor is atrocious. Hopefully he'll be first out the door to go and live with his father.

Bex may be at risk depending on how Horrible Sonia goes on maternity leave. Though Martin will still be around, so perhaps not.

Jay's recent arc just feels like it's leading up to an exit, which is a crying shame.

Arrrgh how did I forget Shakil his character made such a big impression! 😁
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay and Shakil.

The former would be a big loss, the latter needs to go he was a terrible casting by DTC. Reminds me of Danny Mitchell but even worse. One of Kirkwood's better decisions was to quickly axe him from the show. Come to think of it, Shakky reminds me of Dexter so there's more than enough reason to get rid.

I think if SOC does little with Lee and Whitney, they could risk getting axed.

I don't think Kyle is at any risk. Surely DTC and SOC consulted about expanding the Slater family just as plans were made for the handover. I assume that SOC wants to rebuild the Slaters once his storylines kick in. He was actively involved in the storylines involving the original Slater cast, including Little Mo and Trevor and Zoe and Kat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm agreeing with the early vote results which show most people think Ben Mitchell is safe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jay and Shakil.

The former would be a big loss, the latter needs to be gone he was a terrible casting by DTC. Reminds me of Danny Mitchell but even worse. One of Kirkwood's better decisions was to quickly axe him from the show.

I think if SOC does little with Lee and Whitney, they could risk getting axed.

I don't think Kyle is at any risk. Surely DTC and SOC consulted about expanding the Slater family just as plans were made for the handover. I assume that SOC wants to rebuild the Slaters once his storylines kick in. He was actively involved in the storylines involving the original Slater cast, including Little Mo and Trevor and Zoe and Kat.

I'm not sure about Kyle -do EP's always consult on decisions almost making them joint decisions and plan as transition approaches?
    I'm not sure they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'safest' youngsters are Ben and Louise. They are the core Mitchell spawn after all. They are played by fairly competent actors so are fine on that front (though Harry Reid's bi-weekly angry flounce out of a room will never stop being funny.)

Lauren and Abi are going nowhere with Max coming back. I wish they'd write My beautiful Lauren better though :( ... Being with the scumbag Beales is completely out of character.

Not sure about the Carter kids - we've got no idea what SOC thinks of them, he may thin the herd dramatically. No big loss as they were just Incompetent DTC's fan fiction project for his own ego.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lee Carter and Kyle jointly in the lead! :o
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle, Shakil and sadly Jay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could people voting another character please be brave and indicate on forum if they mean Steven or Shakil!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kyle, Shakil and sadly Jay

What makes you feel that Jay is at high risk?
  • Options
    M_J2M_J2 Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope and wish Shakil, Johnny, Kyle, Ian's kids half-brother get axed. I think Lee Carter needs a long break as he is worth a good couple of Mental Health storylines long term.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lee, Kyle and Jay all jointly leading the pack
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To me his storyline just feels like it might be leading up to an exit. If he's out of the Mitchell fold permanently, who has he really got?

I really hope not, though. There's some mileage in exploring how someone on the register copes with life.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's been neglected for a while before this year and the dark path of his drugs storyline just has a weird feel of finality around it. I hope I am wrong as I think Jamie is a good actor and there is more to be seen for on Jay.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me his storyline just feels like it might be leading up to an exit. If he's out of the Mitchell fold permanently, who has he really got?

I really hope not, though. There's some mileage in exploring how someone on the register copes with life.

Good post. I feel that with Jay. But i would hate to see him go and do thing there is mileage as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member

He's been neglected for a while before this year and the dark path of his drugs storyline just has a weird feel of finality around it. I hope I am wrong as I think Jamie is a good actor and there is more to be seen for on Jay.

Perhaps because he's been neglected so long is part of the reason I feel unmoved at the prospect of his axing.
  • Options
    lapetitepaumeelapetitepaumee Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Jay's situation looks precarious at the moment, but it would be a stupid decision to axe him. He's a fantastic character, with a great backstory, and Jamie has more than proved himself as an actor this year. Apart from that, axing him would really weaken Ben as a character. The show has hit upon on a good partnership with Ben and Jay; they just naturally work together.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about Kyle -do EP's always consult on decisions almost making them joint decisions and plan as transition approaches?
    I'm not sure they do.

I guess it was an assumption on my part. DTC brought in Kyle, reintroduced Belinda and gave Kat and Stacey those big storylines in January. Then in February it was announced that was standing down (I'm sure his decision to leave was a few months in the planning) and his replacement SOC had history working on Slater storylines. Coincidence maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's keen to do more with them. Kacey Ainsworth who was Little Mo said she'd be open to returning. Just have to see I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any theories on why Lauren is getting more votes indicating she's thought likely to be axed than say Whitney?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess it was an assumption on my part. DTC brought in Kyle, reintroduced Belinda and gave Kat and Stacey those big storylines in January. Then in February it was announced that was standing down (I'm sure his decision to leave was a few months in the planning) and his replacement SOC had history working on Slater storylines. Coincidence maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's keen to do more with them. Kacey Ainsworth who was Little Mo said she'd be open to returning. Just have to see I guess.

Please no Little Mo just develop Belinda and extend the Slaters if Kyles staying via Denise Welch returning with siblings for him.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Kyle, Abi, Louise and Jay.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I can't see Kyle getting axed since SOC likes the Slaters.
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could people voting another character please be brave and indicate on forum if they mean Steven or Shakil!
    I voted other for Shakil and definitely not for MySteven! :D

Think you could be right with this - have EE ever had a main character die from a drugs overdose? Think Kathy's daughter did but I wouldn't class her as a main character. Either way, I really hope they don't do this to Jay, Jamie Borthwick is a great actor.
    Any theories on why Lauren is getting more votes indicating she's thought likely to be axed than say Whitney?

I think because since she came back the writing for her has been pants. She's living with the family that tore her own family apart and sent her dad down for murder. She doesn't really bring anything to the show at the moment and is outshone by Abi.
    Please no Little Mo just develop Belinda and extend the Slaters if Kyles staying via Denise Welch returning with siblings for him.

I concur
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No way would Jacqueline jossa ever be axed .