Options

EE Babe blackmailing Cokers totally overlooked by Carters?

davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
Forum Member
Even now that the Carters know that Babe has been blackmailing the Coker's, they have totally ignored it and brushed it under the carpet, what a nice family.

Comments

• Options
    Sunday_GirlSunday_Girl Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Yeah this is bugging me. Mick was like, 'Babe's said she is sorry so lets leave it there'.

She stole 40k from them!!!!!!
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its pissing me right off! What the hell did she do with the money???
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    Babe is made of teflon. It literally doesn't matter what she does wrong she will always be forgiven by the Carters and usually within a week. Lying, cheating, stealing, blackmail, extortion, human trafficking. It's all water off a ducks back...
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ending to that was a joke. As if Mick and Linda would just shrug it off. Babe was already in trouble for what happened with abi and the blackmail was even worse yet they barely reacted to the blackmail news.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this is bugging me. Mick was like, 'Babe's said she is sorry so lets leave it there'.

She stole 40k from them!!!!!!

Mick is an idiot. Babe could try and sell Ollie, and Mick will still be stuffing his face with her trifle and saying 'it's alwhite..L, Babe said she's sorry.. let's hold a karaoke party to forget about it' >:(
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cora already exposed Babe's baby farming to Mick & Linda but since then Babe has gone full circle with her antics.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose they HAD to have her forgiven as otherwise she'd have to leave the show, and they don't want that. They conveniently let it come out just as she was recovering from her attack to try to make it realistic that she was forgiven.. but it isn't really realistic at all.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way they've swept it under the carpet is terrible. Saying "sorry" won't get the Cokers their money back. I don't know how they can just act like nothing happened? :confused:
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    I suppose they HAD to have her forgiven as otherwise she'd have to leave the show, and they don't want that. They conveniently let it come out just as she was recovering from her attack to try to make it realistic that she was forgiven.. but it isn't really realistic at all.

She could have purchased a bedsit or rented with the £40k.
  • Options
    DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i heard Cora is coming back soon anyway.

So hopefully she will help make the carters see sense about babe, that is probably why they are shrugging it off atm, because there is more to the story to come and usually with a dramatic climax, that is what usually happens. Nasty people in soaps get away with a lot, but eventually they get what is coming to them.

It is annoying that they have wrote in the carters keep shrugging it off and no mention of the OP stuff about the blackmailing apart from what mick said. I am sure it will all come to a head soon. probably at xmas or new year :P
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Babe has got away with it
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreamRJ wrote: »

So hopefully she will help make the carters see sense about babe, that is probably why they are shrugging it off atm, because there is more to the story to come and usually with a dramatic climax, that is what usually happens. Nasty people in soaps get away with a lot, but eventually they get what is coming to them.

It is annoying that they have wrote in the carters keep shrugging it off and no mention of the OP stuff about the blackmailing apart from what mick said. I am sure it will all come to a head soon. probably at xmas or new year :P

I can see how this would work, which would explain why Mick and Linda didn't really seem bothered. Although I thought it was nice when Linda said to Babe about forgiveness that Babe has been on the receiving end of it enough times, maybe she could give it out a little. Babe had an ever so brief look on her face like a scolded child. :D
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreamRJ wrote: »

Cora and Claudette are the only ones who can deal with Babe. she seems to have the Carters in the palm of her hand.

Elaine knows what Babe is like as does Linda, Shirley and Whitney but Mick is loyal to Babe.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    They're dragging this out until the inevitable 'Babe tries to kill Abi' s/l.
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful writing.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    Awful writing.

Have to agree. Just kill her off, she's past her sell by date.
  • Options
    M_J2M_J2 Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, just another thing that has me struggling with this "new era" of EE.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    Even now that the Carters know that Babe has been blackmailing the Coker's, they have totally ignored it and brushed it under the carpet, what a nice family.
    Looks like Babe has got away with it

But she has been forgiven >:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »

And let's not forget what she did to Lee and Whitney. It also seems Claudette has been satisfied with Babe's waterworks and faux apology >:(
  • Options
    jamauk1jamauk1 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't get why there has been no further mention of it. You would at least expect the Carters to not be happy with her, and tell her something like pay them the money back and we'll forget about it.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All it's done has make me dislike the Carters even more. They're self righteous, hypocritical idiots. Between forgiving Babe for blackmail and baby selling and letting Sonia take care of Sylvie they've not had a good month. This on top of Lee letting Whitney think she gave him and their baby an STD, which of course was forgiven in no time by Saint Mick and Princess Linda.
  • Options
    EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the Cokers. Les said ''Now that Babe has stopped blackmailing us [we can start planning Paul's funeral].''

He doesn't even realise that Mick and Linda know his secret and the blackmailing yet are happy to live with Babe without even making her pay them back. The Carters barely seemed to realise that Babe's blackmailing was still going on after the Cokers' grandson's death.

The Brannings (Jack, Lauren and Abi) were the only ones angry at Babe for manipulating Abi
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Les and Pam should have told the whole Square what Babe did
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All it's done has make me dislike the Carters even more. They're self righteous, hypocritical idiots. Between forgiving Babe for blackmail and baby selling and letting Sonia take care of Sylvie they've not had a good month. This on top of Lee letting Whitney think she gave him and their baby an STD, which of course was forgiven in no time by Saint Mick and Princess Linda.

The STI was the pits, they were all giving Whitney the look of "unclean" yet as soon as it Lee it was all tickety boo, WTF? >:(
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,424
    Forum Member
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    Awful writing.

Have to agree. That's the problem with DTCs era, too much sensational drivel and no long term impact.