Options

Made in Chelsea: South of France

Comments

• Options
    L-unaL-una Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    According to the trailer Binky gets a text from JP,was really really hoping that we'd get through this season without him,he's such a knob.
    Sad there wasn't more of Steph,I have a girl crush on her,but I wouldn't want to spend a summer with the mean girls either!
    Louise is just so awful,at the reunion she basically told Alik she still wanted him and asked him to spend time in France.Meanwhile she "hooks up" with beefy mcbeeferson!
    Liv/Toff/Boule storyline I really couldn't care less.Toff is a bit stalkery I think.

Love Mark Francis and Victoria,such snobs but enjoy getting stuck into the gossip!
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,941
    Forum Member
    L-una wrote: »
    According to the trailer Binky gets a text from JP,was really really hoping that we'd get through this season without him,he's such a knob.

Please let there not be another cringeworthy Bubba-fest conversation between them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AKFE wrote: »
    Please let there not be another cringeworthy Bubba-fest conversation between them.
    You mean this kind of thing?

I love you bubba but...when you go out and have fun with your friends I get annoyed,even though I don't actually want to have fun with you myself bubba.I don't actually want to be with you most of the time bubba,except for those times when I do.Then I expect you to be sensible and sober.
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,941
    Forum Member

I love you bubba but...when you go out and have fun with your friends I get annoyed,even though I don't actually want to have fun with you myself bubba.I don't actually want to be with you most of the time bubba,except for those times when I do.Then I expect you to be sensible and sober.

Aaaargh! Make it stop! >:(
  • Options
    ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member

:D

Binky must be in love with his muscles because there's nothing attractive about his personality. He came across so badly last series when he asked the other boys how they tolerated having to give up lads time for girlfriend time and James and Sam just laughed at him.

Binky is sweet and she deserves a boyfriend who's besotted with her, like James is with the terrible Lucy. Instead she gets cheating Mytton and closeted JP. Mytton was far preferable, tb.
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The couple that seem genuinely in love with each other is Lucy and James. I've read that she became a vegan a few months ago. Maybe that is why she looks so thin now. I wish they were featured more but they obviously have better things to do than pose in the SoF.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zarla wrote: »

Binky must be in love with his muscles because there's nothing attractive about his personality. He came across so badly last series when he asked the other boys how they tolerated having to give up lads time for girlfriend time and James and Sam just laughed at him.

Binky is sweet and she deserves a boyfriend who's besotted with her, like James is with the terrible Lucy. Instead she gets cheating Mytton and closeted JP. Mytton was far preferable, tb.

Yes I agree Binky deserves so much better than JP.I don't know what to make of Mytton,he's a bit of a lad isn't he! Mind you I couldn't stand Nicola,glad she's gone away.

Maybe she ought to make a move on Alik!

I used to like Lucy but have gone right off her after her disagreement with Steph.I do think the others are a bit scared of her,especially Tiff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree Binky deserves so much better than JP.I don't know what to make of Mytton,he's a bit of a lad isn't he! Mind you I couldn't stand Nicola,glad she's gone away.

Maybe she ought to make a move on Alik!

I used to like Lucy but have gone right off her after her disagreement with Steph.I do think the others are a bit scared of her,especially Tiff.

Alik is too short for Binky! I'm sure one of the reasons that he held on to Louise for so long was because she is teeny weeny and so is he.

The trailer for next season showed JP with a flushed face declaring his love and beseeching Binky to take him back, which I'm looking forward to seeing more of.
    Binky took Alex back at least three times, so sadly I think JP will eventually be embraced too. Binky has a kind heart and these guys really take advantage of it. I looked on JP's instagram feed when they were together and he had no photos of her, just pics of his boys, selfies and gym pictures.

Lucy and James are currently in Crete - Lucy posted a pic of her on the edge of their private infinity pool, looking skinny as a catwalk model (except she is only 5ft 4). Her nose is so different from Tiff's - pretty sure she's had rhinoplasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alik is too short for Binky! I'm sure one of the reasons that he held on to Louise for so long was because she is teeny weeny and so is he.

The trailer for next season showed JP with a flushed face declaring his love and beseeching Binky to take him back, which I'm looking forward to seeing more of.
    Binky took Alex back at least three times, so sadly I think JP will eventually be embraced too. Binky has a kind heart and these guys really take advantage of it. I looked on JP's instagram feed when they were together and he had no photos of her, just pics of his boys, selfies and gym pictures.

Lucy and James are currently in Crete - Lucy posted a pic of her on the edge of their private infinity pool, looking skinny as a catwalk model (except she is only 5ft 4). Her nose is so different from Tiff's - pretty sure she's had rhinoplasty.

Loved that trailer! Ollie getting all riled up with JP looks excellent!

Looks like trouble in paradise for Sam and Tiff too!

Looks like the Mytton,Jamie,Frankie thing is still ongoing too...yawn!
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite funny seeing Jamie so whipped by Frankie, he has kind of had it coming after the way he's treated girls.
  • Options
    tillysufftillysuff Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If my OH said to me "you are not going to that party" I would not be listening to them! Hate control freaks!

Promo for the new series looks boring as anything - really do not like JP (another control freak) and I really really hope he doesnt cause a break up in friendship between Ollie & Binky which I think he would try to do.

Really hope Lucy is in it but it doesnt look likely at the moment!

Also its been bugging me who Liv reminds me of - its a taller Hannah Spearitt from S Club 7! (But only in the face) :D
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't really enjoy the France series. Glad Proudlock is back next series and I must be the only person who likes JP lol :(
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,307
    Forum Member
    I like his body just not him or even his face.
    Why do Sam and Tiff stay in this they repeatedly have only one story and that's just boring. Also if the new series has already been filmed then it's just bull cos they are still together according to twitter and it seems to imply they have problems/ one cheats. So they get over it.
    Frankie better just disappear she's not interesting enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Louise is Instagramming the hell out of her new romance with her personal trainer and seems very smug about weighing 6 stone with a scarily skinny, nobbly body. I think she looked much better with a bit of weight on her and a softer look.

Is Lucy really not coming back for the new season?

When I first watched MiC I used to hope Binky and Olly would get together, but no chance of that as he's stated he's gay and wants to find a man.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new series doesn't look great if we have more of the Binky/JP stuff.
    i enjoyed the France episodes for Francis, Liv and Ollie.
    I'm not sure i'll bother with the new series.

BRING BACK SPENCER!!! It really is not the same without him.
  • Options
    Alison KAlison K Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    So farewell to Lucy Watson; although I am not sure that she needed a spokesperson to announce it for her. She will be missed, but given she is clearly so happy with James, I can't see where they could have taken her character without breaking them up.

Do think that even with the return of Proudlock, that MiC days are numbered from the preview of the next series. As someone has already said, its going to be a will she won't she between Binky and JP, who will cheat next between Sam and Tiff and how long with Jamie put up with Frankie. To which my response would be Don't/Who Cares/Not Long.

One final thought, how long has the Dreadful Mytton been Jamie's best mate? Clearly Spencer and Proudlock have been erased from his memory. He even shared a house with Francis (who can forgot the painting of all three of them in one face), which I would have thought placed him higher up the pecking order than Mytton. Although it did give us the pleasure of seeing Mytton not believing that Jamie would choose Frankie over him and then finding out there is someone in Chelsea more manipulative than he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spencer was always supposed to be Jamie's best mate. I think he just latches on to whoever's on the show at the time.

I'd be interested to see Olly finding a nice guy. Frankie I think is going to be Jamie's nemesis - she is only 21 but seems happy to be ruthless with him.

Lucy is probably going to get engaged soon, I'd think. I wonder if she can bring in decent money doing her niche 5 ft 4 modelling. She's certainly very pretty.

If Binky does get back with the awful JP, I hope she doesn't make any promises about not getting drunk and partying. Why should she rein herself in for that staid fool who's old before his time?
  • Options
    Kate42Kate42 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Spencer was always supposed to be Jamie's best mate. I think he just latches on to whoever's on the show at the time.

I'd be interested to see Olly finding a nice guy. Frankie I think is going to be Jamie's nemesis - she is only 21 but seems happy to be ruthless with him.

Lucy is probably going to get engaged soon, I'd think. I wonder if she can bring in decent money doing her niche 5 ft 4 modelling. She's certainly very pretty.

If Binky does get back with the awful JP, I hope she doesn't make any promises about not getting drunk and partying. Why should she rein herself in for that staid fool who's old before his time?

The show is definitely missing Spencer, hope he comes back soon. I see that Proudlock is back in the next series, so at least Jamie will have one of his 'bois'.

I read that Lucy is leaving after 4 years to concentrate on her relationship with James. Think it was in DM so not sure if that's true.

Ollie needs Tom from Celebs go dating.

JP does not need to come back Biinky is far too good for him.

Louise is 6st, wow that is not good. I know she's 5ft but that is not healthy at all. Louise should be axed now, same old same old with her.

I used to watch MIC regularly. Have 1-3 on boxset. It's something I watch when I remember to. But the show is very stale, even though I don't watch every episode.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Lucy but she was awful in the last series so cannot say i'll miss her. Liv is a bit like Lucy so we already have her replacement!

The show has suffered since Spencer left.
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still miss the heyday of Spencer and Caggie. The MiC Golden Years.
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In my opinion the golden years were from like season 2-7, and the show started going downhill around season 8. Around that time is when they decided to start making the abysmal Sam Thompson a main character, and all the new castings like Tiffany, Toff and Jess started to be average at best and abysmal one-season-wonders at worst. For the past couple of years now the show has become a conveyor belt of failed castings.

The various cast dynamics and characters between those first 7 series were so vastly superior to what we have now, and unfortunately the few remaining members of the 'old guard' can't carry it without all those who have gradually left. Especially when the ones we're left with are the likes of Rosie and Louise!

Lucy Watson now leaving is surely just another nail in the coffin? She's arguably been the star of the show ever since she joined.
  • Options
    Kate42Kate42 Posts: 123
    Forum Member

Yes! They were definitely worth watching. Spencer still hasn't gotten over Caggie, that's very obvious. Hugo and Millie were good as well.

Perhaps the problem is that they introduce far too many different people, who make no impact whatsoever. There are very few of the originals left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Definitely agree about Sam and Tiff,its just a never ending loop of one or the other "hooking up" with someone else,the other finding out ,break up then back together.

I cannot stand Rosie,she's just awful as is Louise.

Also agree that Jess,Toff aren't particularly good characters.

More Marc and Victoria, more Ollie and Binky too.I won't miss Lucy although she had some great moments putting Rosie in her place!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kate42 wrote: »
    Yes! They were definitely worth watching. Spencer still hasn't gotten over Caggie, that's very obvious. Hugo and Millie were good as well.

Perhaps the problem is that they introduce far too many different people, who make no impact whatsoever. There are very few of the originals left.

Hugo and Milly are a couple again now, so they should be brought back, even if just as special guests. I loved it back in 2012 - Louise getting with Niall Horan (although they didn't say his name) and Caggie going out with Harry Styles behind Spencer's back.

I'd like to see a new reality show called Eden Rock, based in Spencer's family's hotel in St Barth's . Spencer could feature with his new girlfriend, the staff could take part and Pippa Middleton could make a guest appearance, plus celebs as they arrived. Can you imagine the lush Caribbean visuals?
  • Options
    tillysufftillysuff Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New article cheered me up: not only is Proudlock coming back but so is Francis and Fredrick (the one with the dodgy long hair that I never understood how he became a model) Looks like its trying to go back to its roots now. I hope Francis is the geek again and not the player they tried to make him in SoF