Options

CS: Steph and Andy

RickLopezRickLopez Posts: 14,469
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone else think they have the potential to be really good characters? They're criminally underused at the moment, all we see of them is in the Bisto, but if we had some storylines concerning their actual life (you know, not in a restaurant) I think they could be interested. They have good chemistry and it's nice that they haven't cheated (yet.)

Comments

• Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I agree. Like you say they do have good chemistry and they work as a couple. I'd much rather watch storylines with them than with Fizz and Tyrone or with Sean moping around over Billy.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pair of bores. All Steph's plots do is involve her looking miserable and working at the Bistro, and Andy is just...there. Wouldn't have minded seeing him at his zombie thing, that would be something different. But nope, more Bistro recycled scenes.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickLopez wrote: »
    Does anyone else think they have the potential to be really good characters? They're criminally underused at the moment, all we see of them is in the Bisto, but if we had some storylines concerning their actual life (you know, not in a restaurant) I think they could be interested. They have good chemistry and it's nice that they haven't cheated (yet.)

Andy being not Gavin? he who committed a crime taking someone's identity?
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

Ah yes, another forgotten plot which was sloppily handled. Andy should have gone to prison after his deceit was exposed. But it's okay he has gotten off with it because he is "good looking" and a "nice guy", despite the latter being on the contrary.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Andy in particular has been neglected since that strange imposter storyline finished. I'm surprised he has wanted to stay around.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Steph I love as a character & think she could have a lot more storyline action than she gets but the show is somewhat heavy on female characters in that age group (Alya, Rana, Kate, Sophie, Sinead, Gemma, etc) who are all at the moment vying for non existant storylines!!
    For me though Steph is easily the most promising of that group & should be included more!!
    Andy for me has been a complete & utter nonentity since the notGavin thing fizzled to it's damp squib conclusion!!
    What I would like to see from him is a darker side to him altogether, surfacing when
    his 'Dad' Michal is killed in this explosion!! I would like to see him become obsessed with bringing to justice whoever is responsible & for him to 'grow a pair' in the process!!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both seem to have no life outside the Bistro. Every scene is just them in the Bistro working and when Andy does want to have a life outside of work, Steph is physically unable to remove herself from the Bistro.

I think they are a boring couple but that is mainly due to the lack of sls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steph I love as a character & think she could have a lot more storyline action than she gets but the show is somewhat heavy on female characters in that age group (Alya, Rana, Kate, Sophie, Sinead, Gemma, etc) who are all at the moment vying for non existant storylines!!
    For me though Steph is easily the most promising of that group & should be included more!!
    Andy for me has been a complete & utter nonentity since the notGavin thing fizzled to it's damp squib conclusion!!
    What I would like to see from him is a darker side to him altogether, surfacing when
    his 'Dad' Michal is killed in this explosion!! I would like to see him become obsessed with bringing to justice whoever is responsible & for him to 'grow a pair' in the process!!

Wouldn't that be just like what David will be doing soon though? Maybe having two similar storylines close together wouldn't be great?

I agree, I love Steph, I like her feistiness, especially last Friday when she went up to Maria in the pub! That was great.

Not sure how
    her affair with Robert
    will play out though. Maybe
    part of trying to impress him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't that be just like what David will be doing soon though? Maybe having two similar storylines close together wouldn't be great?

I agree, I love Steph, I like her feistiness, especially last Friday when she went up to Maria in the pub! That was great.

Not sure how
    her affair with Robert
    will play out though. Maybe
    part of trying to impress him?

I see where yu're coming from with the David thing but I am not at all sure that
    this explosion isn't going to involve David in some big way, which would then connect the two stories as Andy would either be at odds with David or in cahoots with him depending on the circumstances & who exactly was to blame etc!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see where yu're coming from with the David thing but I am not at all sure that
    this explosion isn't going to involve David in some big way, which would then connect the two stories as Andy would either be at odds with David or in cahoots with him depending on the circumstances & who exactly was to blame etc!!

Nice thinking! I like that idea a lot.
    So do you not think Pat will be involved in the explosion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice thinking! I like that idea a lot.
    So do you not think Pat will be involved in the explosion?

I don't have a particular reason for him to be at the moment as
    this 'development' idea of his & Vinnie's is nothing more than a scam & no work is actually scheduled to happen!!
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy has been very underused i think he needs pushing to the front of the Show.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

Not to mention a fake robbery, to steal £2,500. And wasn't Steph an accomplice?
  • Options
    yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Like you say they do have good chemistry and they work as a couple. I'd much rather watch storylines with them than with Fizz and Tyrone or with Sean moping around over Billy.

Good chemistry. Work as a couple. Oh dear, a sure thing that TPTB will be splitting them up before long.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They both are great
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both of them are great and together they are brilliant. Hopefully KO will give them an interesting storyline.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find them both very dull. Maybe if they had more interesting stories that would make them more interesting.

The only time Steph shows any passion is when she running around looking after her brother.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from them both being criminals who should be in jail, it would be interesting to see if Steph the serial frowner and Andy the boring plank could manage to do else other than frown or be a plank.
  • Options
    dyachenko_99dyachenko_99 Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    What I want to know is why they haven't been given storylines? Have they been forgotten about? Are they not trusted to act well enough? Do TPTB earmark certain characters as being peripheral and mean to keep them there? Are there just too many characters to be given adequate screen time?. I would say that Steph is better than Andy, but surely given a storyline they could do a good job? If not, why are they there?
  • Options
    drogdazdrogdaz Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh Steph and Luke just grate on me really. I have disliked Steph after she attacked Peter Barlow, blaming him for Tina dying, a girl she knew for 5 seconds, also the faces she pulls annoy me. I also don't know how her and Andy are still employed at the Bistro, all they do is have couple issues while they are actually supposed to be working.

Andy has potential but they need to get him away from Steph. Put him with Sarah or Sinead or maybe Eva and introduce some family for him, rather than him still hanging onto his fake imposter family
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pair of bores

Good description of Stephanie would be serial frowner. Even naughty pictures on the mobile phone couldn't spark them into life
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drogdaz wrote: »
    Ugh Steph and Luke just grate on me really. I have disliked Steph after she attacked Peter Barlow, blaming him for Tina dying, a girl she knew for 5 seconds, also the faces she pulls annoy me. I also don't know how her and Andy are still employed at the Bistro, all they do is have couple issues while they are actually supposed to be working.

Andy has potential but they need to get him away from Steph. Put him with Sarah or Sinead or maybe Eva and introduce some family for him, rather than him still hanging onto his fake imposter family

I could see Steph fitting into the Platts quite well, if she got together with David. I could see her interacting with Gail particularly well.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy is a prime example of story coming before character, something Corrie does 99% of the time these days.
  • Options
    davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Steph who seems to want the prestige of being a manager at the Bistro but none of the responsibility and is always doubting herself over whether she is capable of doing the job needing the constant reassurance from others that she is and Andy whose only role in their relationship is to reassure Steph that she is capable of the job and taking second fiddle because Steph's job at the Bistro is more important to her than what Andy is. :D
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think they have the potential to be really good characters? They're criminally underused at the moment, all we see of them is in the Bisto

You'd think they'd be a steamier couple, eh? ;-)

I find them really boring, the last time there was any interest for me was when Steph's ex leaked those pics of her. They need more SL's outside of work.