Options

Pistorius..prosecution heads for supreme court

Comments

• Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,750
    Forum Member
    Oops. :blush: very last paragraph

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/oscar-pistorius-the-injustice-of-open-justice-20160913

For now, being in prison for his time due, Oscar Pistorius should be out of the scope of any journalist. He is out of bounds now. Embellished reports should totally be prohibited by editors. The media’s right to open justice stopped the day he was sent to prison, they have no rights regarding him anymore. Oscar Pistorius still has one undeniable right, his human rights. Accept it, embrace it and respect it. He only showed respect to Reeva, her family, the journalists and the rest of the whole wide world, it’s time that it’s is rewarded with some due respect.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Where are most of these Pistorious supporters located? SA, the UK or USA?
  • Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The appeal court system in SA is akin to asking someone to mark their own homework. I would hope that common sense will prevail here an OP will be given a higher sentence that recognises the life he extinguished and his continual abdication of responsibility. Not pinning my hopes on this though.

As someone pointed out the timing of this is ironic. Four years ago OP had the world at his feet (no pun intended) now, even if the appeal for a higher sentence fails he is still a convicted criminal that killed the person he was supposed to love and as such his professional career is surely over. I will take comfort in at least that.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »

Here, I think
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy99 wrote: »
    Oh dear, the news has realy fiired up Pistorius’ supporters. Off they go again posting tweets saying how he made a terrible mistake how killing Reeva was an accident, etc, etc

They really can’t bring themselves to admit he is a convicted murderer can then.

I think Uncle Jeremy needs to tell them a little story…..

Once upon a time there was a body of very senior judges who belonged to the Supreme Court of Appeal. Five of these very senior judges concluded, and I know Pistorians are not going to like this, that…

Oscar Pistorius was guilty of murder having criminal intent in the form of dolus eventualis.

Now ALL five of these very senior judges came to that conclusion, not even one dissented

So in the eyes of the law, and that’s what counts, Pistorius did not he made a terrible mistake, it was not an accident, in fact he is the convicted murderer of Reeva Steenkamp – so please get used to it and stop all this terrible mistake nonsense!

IYO
    Is the SCA going to make it clear that OP knew it was Reeva behind the door?

Is the SCA going to make it clear that he was not mistaken about thinking it was an intruder?
  • Options
    FiFi_TrixibellFiFi_Trixibell Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Oops. :blush: very last paragraph

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/oscar-pistorius-the-injustice-of-open-justice-20160913

For now, being in prison for his time due, Oscar Pistorius should be out of the scope of any journalist. He is out of bounds now. Embellished reports should totally be prohibited by editors. The media’s right to open justice stopped the day he was sent to prison, they have no rights regarding him anymore. Oscar Pistorius still has one undeniable right, his human rights. Accept it, embrace it and respect it. He only showed respect to Reeva, her family, the journalists and the rest of the whole wide world, it’s time that it’s is rewarded with some due respect.
    Here here. Well said. Millions worldwide are sickened by the perscution of this polite, respectful young paralympian. It needs to stop. There is an air of jealously about it all.
  • Options
    FiFi_TrixibellFiFi_Trixibell Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worldwide is where his supporters are, worldwide.
  • Options
    Ian _ LIan _ L Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worldwide is where his supporters are, worldwide.

Ah yes, spread out far and wide, a bit like op's duvet, spread out on his bedroom floor. Can you remind us, how did that get there again?
  • Options
    Jeremy99Jeremy99 Posts: 5,476
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »

Most are located in Cloud Cuckoo Land with a few in La La Land :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    porky42 wrote: »
    IYO

Is the SCA going to make it clear that he was not mistaken about thinking it was an intruder?

Now with the greatest of respect these are silly questions to ask. You know full well it is outside of the SCA remit to pronounce on such matters even if they wanted to do so.

The important thing is - Pistorius was found guilty of the murder of Reeva Steenkamp

Unless of course you think he murdered an imaginary intruder :)
  • Options
    stressfree_manstressfree_man Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IYO

The most important thing is that he was found guilty of the murder of Reeva. The one charge OP explicitly stated he would not spend one minute in jail for then partied when Mrs Overall made her CH finding. Now they will settle upon a more suitable sentence for the crime of murder.
    His crusaders can cling on to their own interpretations as much as they like because it just does not matter. :D
  • Options
    stressfree_manstressfree_man Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that was pretty shocking! :o Nice that OP is free to Skype all and sundry. >:(

Liam Maloney contacted OP's trainer for advice and it was the trainer who suggested he talk to OP. This took place earlier in the year,probably while he was on house arrest. Liam stressed at least twice that the advice he took from OP was ONLY about the sport.
    He was clearly distancing himself from wanting advice on anything else from the murdering scumbag ^_^
  • Options
    curleys wifecurleys wife Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam Maloney contacted OP's trainer for advice and it was the trainer who suggested he talk to OP. This took place earlier in the year,probably while he was on house arrest. Liam stressed at least twice that the advice he took from OP was ONLY about the sport.
    He was clearly distancing himself from wanting advice on anything else from the murdering scumbag ^_^

Looks like the training advice paid off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whilst I think it is now a foregone conclusion that Pistorius will be facing a significant increase in his sentence there are others for whom the latest news will also bring no cheer.

I would imagine that Barry Roux must be more than a tad worried. Of course he did not have to work hard convincing Masipa to turn down the appeal request as after all by her actions she has revealed herself as an ‘honorary member’ of the Pistorius fan club, but the SCA will be a very different matter.

Can you imagine him having to face the likes of Justice Leach winging on about how ‘it’s just not fair’ and ‘enough is enough’ as his client has suffered enough at the hands of Gerrie Nel who has been very very nasty to Mr Pistorius. I can well imagine the response of the SCA, as no doubt can Barry Roux.

As for Masipa she must be wondering what the SCA will have to say about her applying her former social worker standards and attempting to rewrite what constitutes mitigating and aggravating circumstances in order to knock 9 years off a recommended sentence for Pistorius. There will be no faux praise for her this time around from the SCA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The most important thing is that he was found guilty of the murder of Reeva. The one charge OP explicitly stated he would not spend one minute in jail for then partied when Mrs Overall made her CH finding. Now they will settle upon a more suitable sentence for the crime of murder.
    His crusaders can cling on to their own interpretations as much as they like because it just does not matter. :D

There is a much more robust response to this post with which many will agree in 'another place' but which could not possibly be repeated here :)
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,691
    Forum Member

Yes, maybe he should dedicate his hard fought for medals to him.........^_^
  • Options
    curleys wifecurleys wife Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    Yes, maybe he should dedicate his hard fought for medals to him.........^_^

:D hmmmmm...... Maybe not
  • Options
    FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member

It sure did - and thank the good Lord that's all the advice he got from him!
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now with the greatest of respect these are silly questions to ask. You know full well it is outside of the SCA remit to pronounce on such matters even if they wanted to do so.

The important thing is - Pistorius was found guilty of the murder of Reeva Steenkamp

Unless of course you think he murdered an imaginary intruder :)

BIB Well exactly, which was why I was a bit confused that you seemed to be suggesting that to claim OP made a mistake (insomuch as he murdered Reeva rather than an intruder) was somehow an error.

Anyone tuning in might get the erroneous impression that he had knowingly sought out and murdered Reeva after some row maybe. Just to make it crystal clear that is not what he has been found guilty of.

I've no desire to assist him in any way but I do like to see things correctly reported :)

What would be your guess as to when the appeal will be heard?
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Nasty Nel is taking a bit of a battering on Twitter from the usual suspects :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BIB Well exactly, which was why I was a bit confused that you seemed to be suggesting that to claim OP made a mistake (insomuch as he murdered Reeva rather than an intruder) was somehow an error.

Anyone tuning in might get the erroneous impression that he had knowingly sought out and murdered Reeva after some row maybe. Just to make it crystal clear that is not what he has been found guilty of.

I've no desire to assist him in any way but I do like to see things correctly reported :)

What would be your guess as to when the appeal will be heard?

Just to make it crystal clear for you.

I did not suggest Pistorius ‘made a mistake’ I was just pointing out the futility, indeed stupidity, of his supporters still clinging on to that notion

Also I did not say anything to give the impression that he had knowingly sought out and murdered Reeva after some row. However, this may well have been the case as most believe, but was not a finding by Masipa. That said as she has been found ‘wanting’ in several areas of her judgemental ability then perhaps with another more able judge things might well have been different.

So I was pointing out that Pistorius has been found by the SCA to be guilty of murder in that he did murder Reeva Steenkamp. That is without question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear Nasty Nel is taking a bit of a battering on Twitter from the usual suspects :cool:

I’m sure Gerrie Nel must be shaking in his shoes at their now increasing desperate outpourings.

In truth he may even feel a little sorry for those poor deluded mainly females fawning over a convicted murderer.

One has to wonder if it was their daughter that Pistorius had riddled with bullets if their feelings for him would be the same as they are exhibiting now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He has been found guilty of the deliberate murder of the person behind the door. He shot four shots through the door (not a panicky 'one' shot but FOUR bullets, which he knew before he fired them would blow the person to pieces, following his 'Zombie Stopper' comment at the gun range).

And, as the person behind the door was Reeva Steenkamp, that's who he murdered. Deliberately.

Now my personal opinion is that he shot her in temper, much as he previously shot through his sunroof and in nightclubs when he was irked about something, however, due to Mrs Overalls incompetence, the SCA weren't able to address that.

However, from speaking to most normal intelligent peeps, its clear that the 'dogs in the streets', know he deliberately murdered her.......and I guess if SCA up his sentence, which I think they will - its the best outcome all round - it wont bring her back, but it will give her parents a bit of comfort that her life was worth more than a few measly years in clink for her murderer.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Most are located in Cloud Cuckoo Land with a few in La La Land :D
    And Fairfax, Virginia - home of the NRA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to make it crystal clear for you.

I did not suggest Pistorius ‘made a mistake’ I was just pointing out the futility, indeed stupidity, of his supporters still clinging on to that notion

Also I did not say anything to give the impression that he had knowingly sought out and murdered Reeva after some row. However, this may well have been the case as most believe, but was not a finding by Masipa. That said as she has been found ‘wanting’ in several areas of her judgemental ability then perhaps with another more able judge things might well have been different.

So I was pointing out that Pistorius has been found by the SCA to be guilty of murder in that he did murder Reeva Steenkamp. That is without question.

The daft bat stated out loud that he was an unreliable witness - she then went on to rely on the bits he said that would get him off!

And HE openly said he would "try" to tell the truth - you couldn't make this stuff up!