Options

Ideas for new shows

junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was thinking the other day at what new shows would be a success on TV these days, what would really capture and audience and bring in millions.

One idea was to have a show about decorating where each week 8 DIY enthusiasts would take on a DIY task like painting a fence, sanding down a door, putting up some shelves and you'd have have two presenters and two expert DIYers like Handy Andy and Craig from Big Brother one comment on their work.

My other idea was having a flower arranging show with 8 contestants trying to do the best flower arrangement each week. Experts would be Tracy from Corrie and Charlie Dimmick.

Do you have any ideas of great TV shows you'd love to make.

Comments

• Options
    ArtygillArtygill Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    With the old Coast series suffering from tidal erosion, I would like to see the same style of programme extended to one called 'Town'. We have a wealth of historic market towns and large villages, all with unusual and fascinating stories to tell.
    Anyone who has ever read John Timpson's books on villages and churches will know what I mean. Perfect Sunday evening viewing. Maybe even give Countryfile a rest. Getting bored with that now.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live bog snorkeling would go down well
  • Options
    exstoker84exstoker84 Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inner city sumo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow these are really diverse ideas, loving them.

I thought of another bunnyhopping through the brecon beacons with Tara Palmer Tomkinson.

Slow Dance where there's 16 celebs slow dancing to 80s music on roller skates or 12 weeks.
  • Options
    briggsy1briggsy1 Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Hopkins and Dom Littlewood take a one way rocket ship to the outer reaches of the solar system.
  • Options
    VersaillesVersailles Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    Wow these are really diverse ideas, loving them.

I thought of another bunnyhopping through the brecon beacons with Tara Palmer Tomkinson.

Slow Dance where there's 16 celebs slow dancing to 80s music on roller skates or 12 weeks.

Ok, I thought for a minute you were serious in your opening post about arranging flowers, but I can now exhale with relief ;-)
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artygill wrote: »
    With the old Coast series suffering from tidal erosion, I would like to see the same style of programme extended to one called 'Town'. We have a wealth of historic market towns and large villages, all with unusual and fascinating stories to tell.
    Anyone who has ever read John Timpson's books on villages and churches will know what I mean. Perfect Sunday evening viewing. Maybe even give Countryfile a rest. Getting bored with that now.

There have been lots of programmes over the years about towns from Down Your Way to Portillo's railway programmes.

Give a rest to a programme with regularly five or six million viewers because one person is bored! I am bored with all the football, can we give that a rest for a few years on the same principle? :)
  • Options
    ArtygillArtygill Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    There have been lots of programmes over the years about towns from Down Your Way to Portillo's railway programmes.

Give a rest to a programme with regularly five or six million viewers because one person is bored! I am bored with all the football, can we give that a rest for a few years on the same principle? :)

My suggestion was for Countryfile to have a rest period, not to go off air for good. Maybe instead of their compilations of old ones.

My programme idea was considered and well intentioned, but I see now, by the tone of other offerings, that its just a thread for juveniles, so I'll leave you to it.
  • Options
    SirPsychoSexySirPsychoSexy Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take all of the cast of shows like Towie, made in Chelsea, ex on the beach etc, stick them on an island and the last man alive wins a large sum of money.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Hey tom, ive got a great idea for a new show...... Celebrity piss-bucket!!!!'

Ill get my, Coat.....
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Monkey Tennis?
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take all of the cast of shows like Towie, made in Chelsea, ex on the beach etc, stick them on an island and the last man alive wins a large sum of money.

that sounds great, I assume you mean that the special services would be landing on this island with a **** load of ammuniton, with bonuses for seeking out and destroying these Joey Essex type creatures ? :cool:
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Monkey Tennis?

AHA

I was just looking through the "real TV Guide"

Joanna Lumleys Japan
    Penelope Keiths Hidden Villages

If Alan had come up with those programme ideas,we would have loved it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robson Greens "Extreme Fisting" ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dennis Waterman's "Song for Europe
    Each week,Dennis sings a songs for Eurovison 2017,each one is one of his TV theme Tunes.
    Dennis sings a cracking version of the Minder theme that wins by a mile,then he sings it at Eurovison and wins by a record amount of points !
  • Options
    liposuckerliposucker Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    a show where people are subjected to games of identification of objects, smells and textures, in complete darkness .
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liposucker wrote: »
    a show where people are subjected to games of identification of objects, smells and textures, in complete darkness .

we used to do that game in the cubs, though I never saw Akela again after that :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Loans in which a group of top celebrities from Towie and the like get dressed as business people and dropped into a random city where they have to give financial advice and hand out loans. The winner is the one at the end of the month to of made the most doh and got away with charging the most interest.

Cabin Fever with Deborah Meaden, 11 members of the public are put in a cabin in the middle of Alaska with the fiery dragon and last one to stay wins a ton of doh and some Justin Beavis tickets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New one for channel five, 'Village Hairy backs On Benefits' by where channel film people struggles to survive on benefits in a village and having a hairy back and finding the extra money each month for shaving equipment and waxes.
  • Options
    Ryan_RichardsRyan_Richards Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    The concept of Hunted, but produced much better on BBC 1.

The series consists of 5 one hour episodes. Monday - Friday.

I think it could potentially really capture the nation's interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The concept of Hunted, but produced much better on BBC 1.

The series consists of 5 one hour episodes. Monday - Friday.

I think it could potentially really capture the nation's interest.

Yeah there are lots of shows that have huge potential but poorly done and they end cause they fail to deliver what they should.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 hours in Tesco's

Cameras record our every move and record our conversations.....
  • Options
    liposuckerliposucker Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    more shows with accountancy as a theme ?
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect all these 'wonderful' ideas to be brought up in ideas meetings across all tv companies in the next few weeks.

The tv people are not averse to a little idea borrowing you know.
  • Options
    A.PenroseA.Penrose Posts: 4,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about we have a show where someone is given the task of making a cake for a wediding,birthday or retirement etc. It will be a very big occasion They will have a bucket or something with cards in it and on it will be a wedding,birthday etc. And ithey will have pick one from it. How the person wants the cake decorated etc will be on it. The peope at the do will have to vote and score the cake on a number of levels. And each week a top,cook,chef etc will mentor them and help them see the kind of thing that needs to be done before they go off to make the actual cake. Then at the end of the series the people with the most votes go in front of all the mentors in a panel of judges and make a cake for them.