Options

Aaron Sidwell gives an insight into Sean O Conner's plans

Sunday_GirlSunday_Girl Posts: 140
Forum Member
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-10-09/eastenders-the-beales-will-have-a-big-new-year-plotline-reveals-aaron-sidwell

"You can only have so many people dying, going missing, doing horrible things and then just carry on like nothing's ever happened. I think seeing these people struggle with the things we all struggle with is much more endearing. "

"Sean's got a very definite style and a belief in how the show should be done. He wants to make the show that Tony and Julia intended. think he wants to make a soap opera - but how they were."

This should please many.

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds really promising.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing we haven't already seen evidence for on screen, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

On a semi-related note, I hope the fact that Aaron is directly saying this means we're going to get a bit more insight into Steven's character soon. He is an interesting legacy character played by a hugely charismatic actor but his return has failed to have much of an impact so far as it's been unclear right from the start who Steven currently is as a person and what his motivations are.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^

I like Stephen probably the best out of the young cast and I hope he drives Jane and Ian up the wall by employing a succession of carers that look like Lucy wearing the nurse's outfit and eye patch that Daryl Hannah did in Kill Bill...
  • Options
    Skittle BombSkittle Bomb Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never rated Aaron Sidwell in his previous stint but he has been so good this time. Problem is he is wasted on Lauren. Jac seems to have zero chemistry with almost everyone. Its a huge shame he is lumbered with her. I just hope Aaron mentioned the possible Johven relationship to SOC when they discussed Steven's future.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    ^^

I like Stephen probably the best out of the young cast and I hope he drives Jane and Ian up the wall by employing a succession of carers that look like Lucy wearing the nurse's outfit and eye patch that Daryl Hannah did in Kill Bill...

:D That's a image, although Ian would probably dig it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    ^^

I'd prefer to see Steven in the nurse's uniform.

Did I just say that out loud? :blush:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

And Johnny as the patient? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    And Johnny as the patient? ;-)

Ummmm.... :blush::blush::blush: No comment... :p
  • Options
    UrGleekIsShowinUrGleekIsShowin Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

we were all thinking it
  • Options
    benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Brilliant news. Really excited for the future of EastEnders now.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news. SOC is making all the right noises at the moment.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does sound very promising
  • Options
    Damien_JohnsonDamien_Johnson Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know we're getting EastEnders back, and the end of EastEnders 2.0 is coming to an end.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great to hear :)
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bringing Steven back was another one of DTC's good decisions. I can't wait to see how Steven develops under Sean though.

Aaron is great too.
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    Aaron is certainly one of the strongest cast members for acting ability. He make Steven an interesting character to watch.

I just wish someone would make Steven and Johnny happen. Aaron and Ted know about the demand for them and and often tease us on twitter and instagram.
  • Options
    Bettty BooBettty Boo Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I think what makes all the difference with SOC is that Matthew Robinson was his mentor and Matthew's own mentor was Julia Smith herself. So this feels like the show has come full circle. Going back to basics is a masterstroke. For the first time in a long time EastEnders is in safe hands.
  • Options
    Skittle BombSkittle Bomb Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron is certainly one of the strongest cast members for acting ability. He make Steven an interesting character to watch.

I just wish someone would make Steven and Johnny happen. Aaron and Ted know about the demand for them and and often tease us on twitter and instagram.

Well both Ted and Aaron have now said there is big stuff coming up but whether it involves them together who knows. Aaron seems to have embraced Johven on social media more than Ted has so that gives me hope Aaron mentioned it to Sean when they discussed things.
    Bettty Boo wrote: »
    I think what makes all the difference with SOC is that Matthew Robinson was his mentor and Matthew's own mentor was Julia Smith herself. So this feels like the show has come full circle. Going back to basics is a masterstroke. For the first time in a long time EastEnders is in safe hands.

Agree.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think We are in for Exciting times.
  • Options
    al_capoal_capo Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see evil Steven again but with more control over his actions. Eastenders needs a villain and Steven could be just that.
  • Options
    Tomski12Tomski12 Posts: 15,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm have a feeling that 2017 will be the year we get EastEnders back and the cheap copy we've put up with for the last 6 years will be gone. The more I hear the more I like.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,361
    Forum Member

Outrageous :D

Im glad the show is getting back to basics and that characters are becoming likable again. You can invest yourself in the storylines if you care for thr characters.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing people struggle with day to day things can be very interesting, but only if they do it realistically!! I.e. money troubles have always been badly written in EE.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-10-09/eastenders-the-beales-will-have-a-big-new-year-plotline-reveals-aaron-sidwell

"You can only have so many people dying, going missing, doing horrible things and then just carry on like nothing's ever happened. I think seeing these people struggle with the things we all struggle with is much more endearing. "

"Sean's got a very definite style and a belief in how the show should be done. He wants to make the show that Tony and Julia intended. think he wants to make a soap opera - but how they were."

This should please many.

Didnt DTC say the same thing about going back to Tony and Julia roots. but that didnt go to plan :D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we were all thinking it

I wasn't.

I was thinking of Ron, Rox, Fitney, Lauren and Stace in nurse's uniforms giving me a nice long bed bath. ;-):D