Options

Little Mix are now unstoppable

Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I feel the ladies of Little Mix are now unstoppable . With each album the fan base grows and now with a huge sell out tour and one of the biggest pop songs in recent times and a mega new album the girls are reaching new heights all the time. The group can now be as big as they want to be now ,everything is always planned down to a tee and the girls have the lot going for them. This really is there time and it is fully deserved. LM have turned out to the be group I was hoping they would be.

Buzzing for the girls right now.

Comments

• Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel the ladies of Little Mix are now unstoppable . With each album the fan base grows and now with a huge sell out tour and one of the biggest pop songs in recent times and a mega new album the girls are reaching new heights all the time. The group can now be as big as they want to be now ,everything is always planned down to a tee and the girls have the lot going for them. This really is there time and it is fully deserved. LM have turned out to the be group I was hoping they would be.

and... breathe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and... breathe

So you don't agree then?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,294
    Forum Member

Delusional.
  • Options
    tjp1991tjp1991 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    There does seem to be a lot more buzz around them these days compared to the first 2 albums i also think with One Direction gone Simon/Syco have invested more into the group.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Collins is better.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that impressed with them myself, but then they are not really for my age group. i have heard better. just another manufactured band, that is not really a band because they can not play an instrument.

Now are they where they are because of their singing or because of their looks?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Not that impressed with them myself, but then they are not really for my age group. i have heard better. just another manufactured band, that is not really a band because they can not play an instrument.

Each to their own but the girls don't need to play instruments because they are a pop band and know it. However the girls can truly sing
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they sing in an american accent?
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »

They are where they are for a number of reasons.

They can actually sing, harmonise and dance (sometimes at the same time). And the voice is, of course, a musical instrument! They have written a good percentage of their own songs and have had some control over the direction of the music. They went down a pop line after ploughing an R&B line at first. They have produced some really good pop music, often naughty, girlie, tongue in cheek...plus the four of them get on well and don't seem to have any aspirations to go solo.

The fact that all four of them are very good looking is secondary to all of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »

They can actually sing, harmonise and dance (sometimes at the same time). And the voice is, of course, a musical instrument! They have written a good percentage of their own songs and have had some control over the direction of the music. They went down a pop line after ploughing an R&B line at first. They have produced some really good pop music, often naughty, girlie, tongue in cheek...plus the four of them get on well and don't seem to have any aspirations to go solo.

The fact that all four of them are very good looking is secondary to all of that.

Exactly
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree their initial U.S success has petered out to some degree. But their U.K and Irish success has grown hugely as well as some successes elsewhere. Are they ever gonna be as big as The Spice Girls or Tlc etc probably not no, but for now they are the U.K's at least premier gitl band.
  • Options
    scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Collins is better.
    Better than the mighty Little Mix? But how can this be? Sure wasn't he only the drummer of Genesis or something? Or was that that gorilla? I don't even recall him prancing around half-naked on stage in the popular pop music way. Sorry, I don't understand at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they sing in an american accent?
    It's better. Be more American. It's the greatest nation in the world.

And because they can't rap.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »
    It's better. Be more American. It's the greatest nation in the world.

cant agree with that, unsurprisingly! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i find them patchy, i do not rate this latest track at all, it seems like its been done before and better too.

but i guess a geezer knocking 60 isnt their target market! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant agree with that, unsurprisingly! :p
    Donald and Hillary see its potential...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scrilla wrote: »
    Donald and Hillary see its potential...

lol.. youve just lost the argument! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol.. youve just lost the argument! :D
    Yes. Spectacularly.
  • Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they weren't good looking in the first place, I doubt they'd have got the chance to shine- at least not in that style of band- in the first place.

Not that I'm saying they're untalented, but there are probably numerous good-looking people with passable levels of talent out there. I'm sure that given the choice between an outstanding performer with average looks and a good-to-very-good one with whatever physical attributes are most important, your average svengali is going to go for the latter.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are shite
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are good, but very overrated. I don't like their new song at all.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting that while their UK success has increased, their sales outside the UK in all the major music markets has dropped with each album. Their last album only spent two weeks on the American charts and it was the same in France and Germany. Perhaps Fifth Harmony (who are also on Sony) are being pushed as the international girl group and Little Mix are the local act.
  • Options
    max_garfieldmax_garfield Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, they'll be over in five years
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i find them patchy, i do not rate this latest track at all, it seems like its been done before and better too.

but i guess a geezer knocking 60 isnt their target market! :D

Age is just a number but you don't have to like them. Though LM are up with the success levels of Girls Aloud and Sugababes now.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    Meh, they'll be over in five years

I wonder if anyone thought this when Little Mix won X Factor five years ago? :D

Fact is, out of all the X Factor winners (including Leona) Little Mix are 5 years into their career as a pop group and are enjoying their most successful era right now. Not in their first 18 months like Leona did. Or in their first six months like the rest of them!!! :D

The fact they're doing so well 5 years on speaks volumes. Obviously there will always be people who don't like pop music or have little interest in Little Mix who will be unimpressed. For me, their success right now indicates just how popular they have become and that is a great thing.

Otherwise the same people would've just laughed at them had they flopped after album #2 and got dropped by the record label. With some people's attitudes, you can never win.