RIP

You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record) a 1980's classic:

https://youtu.be/PGNiXGX2nLU
  • Options
    MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised - although I pay my respects. :(

Nor am I. He pulled out of some major event earlier in the year - forget what it was - after it was reported he was gravely ill.

All that unwarranted, elective surgery took its toll. It;s okay for people to say 'It was his choice' but honestly, where does medical responsibility come into it? all those botched cosmetic procedures, the resulting pain from them, the dependence of drugs to cope with that pain. The heart is an organ that can only take so much of a battering.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Shocking news 😧

Jodie Marsh will be having a party somewhere. Bet she won't be able to resist saying something nasty about him publicly 😒
  • Options
    Mrs LynchMrs Lynch Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Just heard this on 5 Live, RIP. I loved him on CBB!! :(
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocking news 😧

Jodie Marsh will be having a party somewhere. Bet she won't be able to resist saying something nasty about him publicly 😒

To be honest that's no less than he would have done so maybe she'll be honouring him with a bitchy comment.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    To be honest that's no less than he would have done so maybe she'll be honouring him with a bitchy comment.

I don't think she would even be on his radar.

I still remember her vicious blog rant about him, Galloway and Barrymore. It was pure bile. And this was on Christmas Day FFS! :o
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A shock. I thought he was a bit younger actually. Anyway, hope his friends and family support each other at this difficult time.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissD1 wrote: »
    It seems like it is true. Very sad.

What is happening this year? 2016 :(
    Another massive 60's singer has died also - Bobby Vee, just being reported too. :(
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadBetty wrote: »
    Nor am I. He pulled out of some major event earlier in the year - forget what it was - after it was reported he was gravely ill.

All that unwarranted, elective surgery took its toll. It;s okay for people to say 'It was his choice' but honestly, where does medical responsibility come into it? all those botched cosmetic procedures, the resulting pain from them, the dependence of drugs to cope with that pain. The heart is an organ that can only take so much of a battering.
    #

And as people have pointed out, he was a good looking, striking man when he was in his mid 20s. No need for any surgery at all.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The demented addiction to plastic surgery was never going to end well. RIP.
  • Options
    Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,311
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBpF0NTUTnA Well this song is fitting :p:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Another massive 60's singer has died also - Bobby Vee, just being reported too. :(

Bouncing Ball?
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked when I saw these pics earlier in the year, although nothing concerning Pete's appearence should shock us anymore.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/pete-burns-sparks-concerns-bloated-7966797

What a sad way to end. He was due to appear on loose women today. Did they mention it?
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    those recent pictures of him. He looked really unwell
    His Stint in CBB was one of the more stand out series
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bouncing Ball?

Rubber Ball. And The Night has a Thousand Eyes. Take Good Care of my Baby.

I went to see him perform when I was 13, my first ever proper music gig.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #

And as people have pointed out, he was a good looking, striking man when he was in his mid 20s. No need for any surgery at all.

Agreed. Hard to believe its the same man.

cab599ed35cf4c3e7f3f02b8c3b7aeec.jpg
  • Options
    TaraMasalataTaraMasalata Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sad to hear this, he was a real character, an individual. It's sad that so much surgery may have contributed to his untimely death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubber Ball. And The Night has a Thousand Eyes. Take Good Care of my Baby.

I went to see him perform when I was 13, my first ever proper music gig.

Oh yes. Good records.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadBetty wrote: »

It's just tragic that surgeons are allowed to mutilate people if the price is right. What reputable surgeon would own up to doing that to him? He was a beautiful looking man, he already looked androgynous before he started. RIP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »

Pete and Philip Oakey could have been twins! :o

http://1.darkroom.shortlist.com/980/e792c58bbd40d4bf2a39cfc64ba390c4:485dd59d1951e1bc3d0b6806638bb6a5/phil-oakey
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame - he was such a beautiful looking man before his demons took over him. And he was always my favourite guest on Liquid News
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tragic news, still too young.

Loved his sharp wit and banter during Big Brother.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    those recent pictures of him. He looked really unwell
    His Stint in CBB was one of the more stand out series

It was my favourite ever CBB series, he was phenomenally entertaining. 'Insincere to the point of nausea' is still used on a regular basis in my house.

I'm so very sad about this one.
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think it is.
    I think it's Steve Coy on the left.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

Struth. That puts it into perspective. I had got so used to seeing him with a botched face I had quite forgotten what he looked like to start with. There can't have been many other one hit wonders more well known though.