Options

Anybody here feel sorry for Anna Windass

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,433
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I know she is really annoying but seeing her tonight in her hospital bed with burnt legs and can hardly speak was heartbreaking

So what do you think guys. Could you feel sorry for someone who is very annoying

Comments

• Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I don't find Anna annoying, think she is credible and lovely with it. A very warm character.

Of course I feel sorry for her, what has happened is a nightmare. I do think she will make a remarkable recovery though, people in soaps usually do that if they don't peg.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    No. There are a few Corrie characters that whenever something horrendous happens to them I don't care, Anna is one of them and Fizz and Sean are others.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She'll be back behind the counter at Roy's before we know it. It will be like nothing ever happened.

A gob like the Rotherhithe Tunnel. No, I don't feel sorry for her.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I truly don't feel sorry for her.
  • Options
    Mark_Stewart1Mark_Stewart1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    It will be like nothing ever happened.

Like Sinead's miraculous cure from near certain quadriplegia. Her friend in the wheelchair was a nice bit of rough trade, I miss him :D.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No :confused:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like Sinead's miraculous cure from near certain quadriplegia. Her friend in the wheelchair was a nice bit of rough trade, I miss him :D.

Exactly. :D

Once this story has served its purpose, it will be conveniently forgotten.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Course I feel sorry for her!! Wouldn't wish that on anyone & there are Corrie characters I like far less!!
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No

The only person to beat her in the misery stakes is Miss Hell>:(
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    I know she is really annoying but seeing her tonight in her hospital bed with burnt legs and can hardly speak was heartbreaking

So what do you think guys. Could you feel sorry for someone who is very annoying

I feel sorry for her, it is heartbreaking.

I don't find her annoying tho, I like Anna
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,174
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say I"m glad she's in the state she's in, but I don't feel sorry for her. At least it's stopped her screeching.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I"m glad she's in the state she's in, but I don't feel sorry for her. At least it's stopped her screeching.

:D

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been watching but if I had I doubt I'd feel sorry for her.

Anna has been a vile monster for years... garnering sympathy for her is unlikely for work on the majority.
  • Options
    davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    No, not one jot, her croaky voice was funny. :D
  • Options
    Aaron_2015Aaron_2015 Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

I don't get the people who just constantly hate on soap characters.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »

No. I suppose I should. I didn't see yesterday's programme, but have in my mind her seeming to wave at the fire and running towards it, or maybe that was my imagination.
  • Options
    Aetius_MaralasAetius_Maralas Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course.

I can't think of anyone fictional (or even real) that I would wish to suffer from that type of injury.

It's called empathy.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron_2015 wrote: »
    Yes.

Exactly why?. Remember the Phelan incident, I couldn't believe it when people blamed her. How was it her fault?:confused:
  • Options
    Les CorkerLes Corker Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron_2015 wrote: »
    Yes.

Why not..... Not like they are real people or anything
  • Options
    davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Of course.

I can't think of anyone fictional (or even real) that I would wish to suffer from that type of injury.

It's called empathy.

Real people maybe, but not fictional characters.
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. :D

Once this story has served its purpose, it will be conveniently forgotten.

Like most life changing accidents or diseases on soaps, forgotten until a storyline needs to dig it out for dramatic impact or to garner sympathy for a character. Tracey and her kidney problems all but disappeared until her recent stay in hospital, Nick split with Leanne because of the results of his brain injury but now he must be cured because they're back together with no mention of it - until the writers want to split them up again. And that reminds me, didn't David Platt once get away with something car related because it was discovered he had epilepsy? Shouldn't that be the first line of defence now or has he had a miracle cure too.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i feel sorry for her. As annoying as she can be she isn't a bad person and cares about her family. She did not deserve this awful thing to happen to her and it was through no fault of her own either.
  • Options
    James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course.

It's called empathy.

I can still hear the sickening sound of the lead pipe striking Phelan's face when she brutally beat him to a pulp. The look of horror still haunts me to this day. Not content to abuse Phelan she has now transferred that abuse to Faye on a daily basis. I have no sympathy whatsoever. As a matter of fact I dislike her so much I am going to clean out my septic tank in the morning, and wearing the same clothing will go and visit her in hospital. No apron or hair net for me. Just a big hug.
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know how i'd like to make her feel better.:D
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,980
    Forum Member
    Yes, because wven though she can be an awful character and I know we joke and take the p***, you wouldn't seriously wish those kind of injuries on anybody. I know how much pain I was in when I had second degree burns from an incident with a glue gun, so I can understand how much worse someone with Anna's injuries would be.