Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 68)

Comments

• Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan R wrote: »
    Well of course you're not going to accept the facts. But anyone who watched it can see what really happened.

The ":D :D:D" on Zac's post sums him up in a nutshell. He needs to find something else in life to get excited about, not seeing X Factor get criticised. He's always been horribly snide towards Syco shows and it's time he was called out.

Take it easy Blarg.
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Take it easy Blarg.
    Will do, Cameron. Sorry.
  • Options
    sunbeam007sunbeam007 Posts: 8,522
    Forum Member
    It's amusing that the haters on social media wanted to believe that the protesters were staged. And rather sad. Though not as sad as these people who invade TV shows, news broadcasts, sports matches etc. I always like it when someone jumps the ropes in a WWE show - they've been known to get some punishment from the wrestlers.

I'm still watching XF but it's right back to form as a fun, light-hearted show. Louis dancing the Riverdance was Ed Balls like and there's a warmth to the show again.

Hopefully Sara is beating the disadvantage of not being British and having regional support. 5 After Midnight deserve to make the final too.

As for SCD, that last dance was a good idea but just didn't quite work because it was hard to follow. It felt authentic in its style though the judges standing up and talking reminded me of American Idol's judges. I'm now going to look to see who has gone. I suspect I know who it is.

ps DanR - we don't need to keep comparing XF to the Voice. It's as repetitive as ADP on XF. I'll give you credit though for not being a BBC or itv guy.

PPS - oh my those female dancers who danced with 5 After Midnight.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixing of repeats and new episodes isn't that uncommon, in the US, Judge Judy often starts with new episodes then switches to a mix of repeats and new episodes except in sweeps weeks when all the episodes are new.

I don't see the fuss of mixing repeats and new episodes, Jeremy Kyle mixes new and repeat episodes and nobody complains, likewise with Tipping Point
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunbeam007 wrote: »
    It's amusing that the haters on social media wanted to believe that the protesters were staged. And rather sad.
    Yep, agree with this.
    I'm still watching XF but it's right back to form as a fun, light-hearted show. Louis dancing the Riverdance was Ed Balls like and there's a warmth to the show again.
    Agree with this also. Last series the show took itself too seriously. Whilst the judges' commitment to their acts this series is questionable, at least you can count on them to be animated and bring personality to the show. It's hard to tell whether the rise in ratings for auditions was caused by the room format, the judges' popularity of the talent, or a bit of all those.
    ps DanR - we don't need to keep comparing XF to the Voice. It's as repetitive as ADP on XF. I'll give you credit though for not being a BBC or itv guy.
    Fair enough point, though I think comparing it to the show with which it precisely shares its genre is valid.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baz_James wrote: »

Didn't the guy behind also end up on the stage? The complete amateurism of it makes me think it was real but I can't blame people for assuming it was fixed. The X Factor has pulled too many stunts in it's time to be given leeway now; they've brought it on themselves.

Saying that I thought Strictly, The X Factor and I'm A Celebrity were all very enjoyable tonight - the former two seeing an improvement in standard on last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GMB around 900k and Breakfast Time around 1.8m. GMB topping 1m quite a lot. I thought it was more like 2.2m v 600k.
    derek500 wrote: »
    We only get the full slot averages. I was only saying on here a week or so ago how that favours the BBC. Older viewers at home, watching longer.

What actually happens is that BBC Breakfast is ahead of Good Morning Britian by 2:1 when they're opposite each other with Breakfast around a million at 6.30am. GMB usually peaks around 1m at 8.00am while Breakfast usually peaks around 2m. When Lorraine takes over at 8.30am she rates higher than GMB and the spike comes around 9.15am when Breakfast ends.

I used to have something about the demos for both programmes. God knows where that is now. Might be in an email or a file. Can't remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will do, Cameron. Sorry.

Good man!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, agree with this.

Agree with this also. Last series the show took itself too seriously. Whilst the judges' commitment to their acts this series is questionable, at least you can count on them to be animated and bring personality to the show. It's hard to tell whether the rise in ratings for auditions was caused by the room format, the judges' popularity of the talent, or a bit of all those.

Fair enough point, though I think comparing it to the show with which it precisely shares its genre is valid.

It's a valid comparison but you make the point over and over ans are throwing it in their faces which really is no different to people throwing XF v SCD ratings in your face. As the Queen might say on Xmas Day...

Let It Go.

I'm still watching XF - the mannequin challenge bit was utter brilliance. It reminds me of when Norton got the audience to do the Friends clap when Olly Murs and Jennifer Aniston were on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Will the next series of The Voice do better than the last series on BBC1 or the current series of The X Factor? What will actually be considered a success for it?
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pdwill wrote: »
    I actually think ITV are wasting The Lion King in that slot and should actually look to use Frozen as a lead-in for it. Schedule an alternative to attempt to grab the non-family audience in the afternoon and generally reduce the reliance on soaps.

Given the programmes that they have, I'd like to see them go with something like:

3.10 Emmerdale
    3.40 The Chase Christmas Special
    4.40 News
    4.45 The Lion King
    6.35 Blankety Blank
    7.35 Coronation Street
    8.05 Birds of a Feather
    9.05 Maigret

I like that schedule, but the problem is I think Emmerdale is too early and BOAF would weaken the Christmas Eve schedule. So instead I would do:

3.10pm The Chase Christmas Special
    4.10pm ITV News
    4.20pm The Lion King
    6.10pm Emmerdale
    7.10pm Blankety Blank
    8pm Coronation Street
    9pm Maigret
    11pm Vicious Chrismas rpt
    11.30pm ITV News

Or to ensure Maigret finishes earlier, shorten The Chase to 50minutes and reduce the ads during The Lion King

3.10pm The Chase Christmas Special
    4pm ITV News
    4.10pm The Lion King
    5.50pm Emmerdale
    6.50pm Blankety Blank
    7.50pm Coronation Street
    8.50pm Maigret
    10.50pm Vicious Chrismas rpt
    11.20pm ITV News
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the addition of a film and a new Christmas special of a much loved game-show, ITV on Christmas Day looks 100x better than last year.

And POG Dogs on Boxng Day can have more freedom to rate well and not a)get lost under the straight of the schedule, and b) get a piss poor lead in.

Am I right in thinking POG Dogs on Boxing Day (if it sticks) will be in a slot post Sleeping Beauty?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Dr Who looks like being nearly as crap as last year's episodes and its ratings are in decline so Christmas Eve at 6pm (a Saturday, the programme's normal transmission day) or Christmas Day at 3.10pm.

And they'd want to piss off Moffat, who is in charge of 2 brands that are generating tens of millions for Worldwide, for what?

I doubt anyone cares about Dr Who's UK overnights. None of the other shows are getting a cinema release in the US & Canada.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amusing that the haters on social media wanted to believe that the protesters were staged. And rather sad. Though not as sad as these people who invade TV shows, news broadcasts, sports matches etc. I always like it when someone jumps the ropes in a WWE show - they've been known to get some punishment from the wrestlers.

I'm still watching XF but it's right back to form as a fun, light-hearted show. Louis dancing the Riverdance was Ed Balls like and there's a warmth to the show again. .

X Factor has had so much media manipulation over the years that some people have assumed everything is done by the show. To use a wrestling comparison (you'll get this one), it's like when a wrestler was 'injured' in WWE and had to be stretchered off. Happened so often that when it really happens people don't believe it.

X Factor should be given more credit than to say they do stage invasions to generate buzz. They might mention it the following week but they're never behind it.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowell worked for WWE in 1992 by the way, an often overlooked fact regarding The X Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    X Factor has had so much media manipulation over the years that some people have assumed everything is done by the show. To use a wrestling comparison (you'll get this one), it's like when a wrestler was 'injured' in WWE and had to be stretchered off. Happened so often that when it really happens people don't believe it.

X Factor should be given more credit than to say they do stage invasions to generate buzz. They might mention it the following week but they're never behind it.

What are you implying, these wrestlers aren't injured??? Hang on, you mean....

You're right and the same suspicion would follow the Brits or boxing presser. The fact that the police got involved ends the conspiracy theory. I'm sure they're annoyed as the mannequin challenge was the moment they wanted remembered.
    JCR wrote: »
    Cowell worked for WWE in 1992 by the way, an often overlooked fact regarding The X Factor.

Never knew that. The WWF was still learning back then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you implying, these wrestlers aren't injured??? Hang on, you mean....

You're right and the same suspicion would follow the Brits or boxing presser. The fact that the police got involved ends the conspiracy theory. I'm sure they're annoyed as the mannequin challenge was the moment they wanted remembered.

X Factor gets a lot of criticism, not all of it is justified. The stage invasion is one of those times where it's not justified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    X Factor gets a lot of criticism, not all of it is justified. The stage invasion is one of those times where it's not justified.

When you're arguably the most successful LE show in UK history, you'll be Marmite.

Strictly spoiler, don't read if ....!!
    The same nonsense is already being said about tonight's SCD result
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're arguably the most successful LE show in UK history, you'll be Marmite.

Strictly spoiler, don't read if ....!!
    The same nonsense is already being said about tonight's SCD result

Please be very very very careful on any filmed results as we do not want to spoil it for the 11 million who watch.

I know it hasn't so far, but hints can develop.

BTW IMHO, Britains Got Talent and Strictly Come Dancing are the joint most successful LE show, on consistency.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the next series of The Voice do better than the last series on BBC1 or the current series of The X Factor? What will actually be considered a success for it?
    It will need to be up YOY by a decent amount to be called a success, especially considering the size of ITV's investment. Nobody's expecting it to hit series 1's heights again but it shouldn't be falling below the 6s really
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    From rzt:

Saturday 26 November 2016 Ratings Roundup
    BBC 1
    18:10: Pointless - 4.58m (24.8%)
    19:00: Strictly Come Dancing - 10.21m (47.6%)
    * peak - 11.53m (49.6%) at 20:00
    20:10: Michael McIntyre's Big Show - 5.78m (27.3%)
    * peak - 6.42m (29.8%) at 20:55
    21:10: Casualty - 4.24m (20.6%)
    22:00: The National Lottery Draws - 2.69m (13.8%)
    22:10: BBC News - 2.97m (15.5%)

ITV (inc. +1)
    18:00: Tipping Point - 2.71m (14.96%)
    19:00: Meet The Parents - 1.58m (7.4%)
    20:00: The X Factor - 5.67m (26.7%)
    * peak - 6.62m (31.4%) at 21:10
    21:50: I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! - 7.36m (38.7%)
    * peak - 8.15m (41.6%) at 22:15
    22:50: ITV News and Weather - 2.69m (19.4%)

And let the arguments commence.

X Factor dire as usual. Strictly solid and is exactly the same as last year. I'm a Celebrity, I think, was dented due to the late start (9.50 was very late). Meet the Parents is the flop of the year regardless of any demos it gets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    From rzt:

ITV inc +1
    Tipping Point: 2.71m (14.96%)
    Meet The Parents: 1.58m (7.4%)
    The X Factor: 5.67m (26.7%)
    I'm a Celebrity: 7.36m (38.7%)

And let the arguments commence.
    Not very good for any of those.
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed X Factor, Strictly and IAC last night. X Factor was a lot of fun and was an improvement on last week once again. I really hope Saara makes another week she deserves the final as well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything seems down last night. Hmm.
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Very poor for X Factor and not great for IAC although it was a late show last night. Great for SCD I feel tonight we could see another high ratings results show. X Factor should be up over 6m again tonight.
This discussion has been closed.