Options

EastEnders 01.01.17 – END of an EЯA @ 7PM

Comments

• Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Agreed! I saw people speculating about Jack leaving Roxy to die and then Ronnie going in after her and drowning too, and I'm so pleased that didn't happen. It would've been ridiculous. This was just tragic.

This was ridiculous!

Two grown women are drunk but decide to go swimming

The spa/pool area not locked up and closed which always happens at these places

The pool would not of been deep enough for Ronnie to drown as she would of just been able to stand up and unravel herself

The drunk sitting on the roof top before the whole swimming pool debarcle was also idiotic

The fact there was two of them but neither one of them had the common sense to say this is a stupid idea
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should have had a far more dramatic ending which tied in the deaths of both Carl and Arthur. Would have really brought everything full circle.
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    I think they should have had a far more dramatic ending which tied in the deaths of both Carl and Arthur. Would have really brought everything full circle.

This exit was all about them - not Carl and Arthur.
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    This was ridiculous!

The pool would not of been deep enough for Ronnie to drown as she would of just been able to stand up and unravel herself

The drunk sitting on the roof top before the whole swimming pool debarcle was also idiotic

The fact there was two of them but neither one of them had the common sense to say this is a stupid idea

Lol, it was ridiculous, but in terms of drama, I don't know, I liked it. I liked that it was just a tragic accident, however implausible, rather than adding in silly twists like Jack letting Roxy die or there being some whodunnit.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,292
    Forum Member
    This was ridiculous!

Err, they were drunk?:erm:
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end scene will live long in the memory. Truly morbid. I think I am traumatised.:(
  • Options
    Arshee_KhanArshee_Khan Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    What was the name of that song playing when they said their vows?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Check the EastEnders website (bbc) I think they list the songs on there. :)
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    [/B]

Err, they were drunk?:erm:

So you become a brain dead moron when drunk ?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, pretty much. :D
  • Options
    Arshee_KhanArshee_Khan Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Check the EastEnders website (bbc) I think they list the songs on there. :)

Thanks
  • Options
    BcphBcph Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

play list is on BBC episode list now ..

but what an insult: it says Pink Floyd (Group)

does the beeb think we don't know that?
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,851
    Forum Member

More Than Words-Extreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIiLvg58SY&list=RDUrIiLvg58SY#t=0
  • Options
    ElsaandAnnaElsaandAnna Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Feel completely traumatised too. Literally sobbed like a baby!!! As for it being implausible... firstly they were drunk. Loads of people go swimming whilst drunk and let's face it that's dangerous. Secondly, roxie always was spontaneous and irresponsible, that was her character! As for the depth of the pool... everyone knows water doesn't have to be deep in order to drown in it! However note it must have been deep because Ronnie dived into it...
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    exstoker84 wrote: »
    She should have took her veil off in the water

She tried to but struggled to do so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the only thing that could have made this better would have to have set it on NYE - timing the final scene with midnight.
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you're just complaining for the sake of it. We enjoyed it and you telling us otherwise won't change that. Each to their own.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only thing that could have made this better would have to have set it on NYE - timing the final scene with midnight.

It was contrived enough as it was, this would have made it even worse.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haunting but fitting exit for Ronnie and Roxy. They were the definition of tired characters but their gruesome deaths has affected me.

It's always best to go out with a bang. They'll be forever remembered. Superbly done EastEnders. Lots of lovely touches to R & R's ten year history.

It really is the end of an era!
  • Options
    ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was realistic - Roxy didn't seem ill for a start so why did she faint in the pool?

Last year Mick and Dean went to the bottom of a lake and still came up. No way would Ronnie have become entangled in her veil in a pool with shallow water just steps away.

Having said that I really enjoyed it and found the way they filmed the reflections in the pool to be eerie and quite powerful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zarla wrote: »
    I didn't think it was realistic - Roxy didn't seem ill for a start so why did she faint in the pool?

Last year Mick and Dean went to the bottom of a lake and still came up. No way would Ronnie have become entangled in her veil in a pool with shallow water just steps away.

Having said that I really enjoyed it and found the way they filmed the reflections in the pool to be eerie and quite powerful.

Mick and Dean weren't drunk for a start, Roxy had also taken drugs.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know what caused Roxy to be at the bottom of the pool yet. She could have dived in and hit her head on the bottom, the drink and drugs done something to her body to made her lose consciousness/heart attack etc, her dress or some jewellery could have got caught in a filter... I'm sure all will be revealed in due course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This was ridiculous!

Two grown women are drunk but decide to go swimming (I've seen that happen on holiday - including diving into an 8 foot (max) pool)

The spa/pool area not locked up and closed which always happens at these places (Could have been locked - it wouldn't have stopped R&R breaking in for a bit of fun)

The pool would not of been deep enough for Ronnie to drown as she would of just been able to stand up and unravel herself (you can drown in couple feet of water - her dress would have been pulling her down and tangling her up - may have also been caught in filter - plus if she stoop up she would have been unable to save Roxy which was her first priority)

The fact there was two of them but neither one of them had the common sense to say this is a stupid idea (they were drunk - common sense goes out the window when you are drunk)

See BIBs for whht could have happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mick and Dean weren't drunk for a start, Roxy had also taken drugs.

Had she though. Yes she did at the Trader's Ball but I thought it was explicit that she changed her mind about the drugs and put them back in her bag for Max to find
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had she though. Yes she did at the Trader's Ball but I thought it was explicit that she changed her mind about the drugs and put them back in her bag for Max to find

I am not sure, but I think she might of taken some, because when Max found the drugs it looked like some of it had gone.