Options

James Jordan 'accused of homophobia over Austin Armacost row'

SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
Forum Member
✭✭
If you want to play with the rough boys, you're going to get yourself hurt. You're used to playing with little soft boys. Don't play with real boys."

According to DigitalSpy, some viewers have taken James' comments as a "homophobic slur".

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/297099-celebrity-big-brother-2017-james-jordan-accused-homophobia-austin-armacost-row.html

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/celebrity-big-brother/news/a818787/celebrity-big-brothers-james-jordan-accused-of-homophobia-against-austin-armacost/

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now The Sun has run with it :rolleyes:

BAD VIBES Celebrity Big Brother plunged into new homophobia row after James Jordan makes ‘soft boys’ slur at Austin Armacost during intense midnight row

CELEBRITY Big Brother is at the centre of a homophobia row after housemate James Jordan commented about “soft boys” in an argument with Austin Armacost.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2586104/celebrity-big-brother-plunged-into-new-homophobia-row-after-james-jordan-makes-soft-boys-slur-at-austin-armacost-during-intense-midnight-row/
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for god sake, why are people offended by everything these days.

As a gay guy myself I didn't find it homophobic in the slightest. Austin needed telling and boy did he get told. :)

James J is fantastic and I don't see why he'd be homophobic when he's probably been surrounded by gay people his whole life and has many gay friends.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute Rubbish !!!

Some people seem to be constantly looking for insults against minorities - where there are none :santahatdude:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »

As a gay guy myself I didn't find it homophobic in the slightest. Austin needed telling and boy did he get told. :)

James J is fantastic and I don't see why he'd be homophobic when he's probably been surrounded by gay people his whole life and has many gay friends.

I am getting fed up with all these liberals, they're ruin this country. >:(

Any excuse to jump on James's back and give him a good kicking :rolleyes:
    Funny how there was no mention what Austin said & did to James in the bedroom, which IMO was far worse than anything James said.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has gay friends out of strictly he didint mean anything by it
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    Ironically, assumimg "soft boys" is a reference to gay guys is a bit homophobic in itself.
  • Options
    Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    Ironically, assumimg "soft boys" is a reference to gay guys is a bit homophobic in itself.

I agree!

As a sort of liberal myself this is going too far, you do not choose to become a dancer if you are homophobic. The dance world is full of gay people, as are most of the arts and it would be a sorry place without them.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly. Thinking it's offensive is more homophobic!

What a load of rubbish. People have nothing better to do.
  • Options
    Rekekah_CarterRekekah_Carter Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Exactly. Thinking it's offensive is more homophobic!

What a load of rubbish. People have nothing better to do.

Yup. They are so tiresome. I am so glad I don't associate with people like that in real life. We'd be falling out all the time! :D
  • Options
    TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    If you want to play with the rough boys, you're going to get yourself hurt. You're used to playing with little soft boys. Don't play with real boys."

According to DigitalSpy, some viewers have taken James' comments as a "homophobic slur".

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/297099-celebrity-big-brother-2017-james-jordan-accused-homophobia-austin-armacost-row.html

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/celebrity-big-brother/news/a818787/celebrity-big-brothers-james-jordan-accused-of-homophobia-against-austin-armacost/

Yes, James, that's why he 'plays' with you - DUH!

Poor James......still determined to convince himself (and others)...dear, O, dear..

:D
  • Options
    wildparkwildpark Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a gay guy myself I didn't find it homophobic in the slightest.

Of course it was homophobic. He was saying you are gay and so are effeminate. The reason he said it was because as a dancer (and rather effeminate himself) he probably got called that all his life, so when he is angry he uses it on others. Austin (in addition to his vanity) is actually rather aggressive. James would never have said that outside the protection of the CBB house. What James does not realise is that some gay men (including Austin probably) love to fight.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Though I think that's exactly what James meant.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's homophobia, but I do think it's James picking on the oddball or 'the odd one out' again.

If he perceives a weakness he thinks they're fair game.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting fed up with all these liberals, they're ruin this country. >:(

Any excuse to jump on James's back and give him a good kicking :rolleyes:
    Funny how there was no mention what Austin said & did to James in the bedroom, which IMO was far worse than anything James said.

I agree with you, is that allowed from a liberal leftie?

People seem to be offended by everything these days - have they never seen people have an argument, they do tend to throw insults about, it's called arguing :D
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    Who are these 'little soft boys' he is referring to , then ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are these 'little soft boys' he is referring to ?

General term for Austin always targets women & vulnerable men
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member

Yup..this has been my response to everyone who has posted this story in 'outrage' yesterday and today.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, James, that's why he 'plays' with you - DUH!

Poor James......still determined to convince himself (and others)...dear, O, dear..

:D

It's about as embarrassing as people who keep insisting he must be gay, wishing for it, obsessing about it! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    also most who have been posting this, do not even watch the show so are being totally outraged without any context. Once I point them in the direction of the whole story, they have backed up on their v iews and condemned Austin both for kicking james, finger bumtime and Austins borderline homophobic taunting.
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member

I'm not offended by it and I don't think he should appologise to the world for it. But it if a freaking stupid thing to say to a gay person or anyone for that matter. And you'd have to be as thick as a oak tree not to see why.
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Vicky. wrote: »
    Yup..this has been my response to everyone who has posted this story in 'outrage' yesterday and today.

Yes, assuming a slur is a reference to the people it is normally used to slur is a slur in itself. And before this "Its your fault I'm wrong" stuff gets too silly let's just save our breathe with that poor excuse for an excuse.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my good god, what nutter on here gave them enough ammunition to print that load of twaddle. James Jordan comes across people form the gay community every day in his chosen profession. Why is it people have to play the gay card. It is really annoying and counter productive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have never known 'soft boy' to be normally used as a slur towards gay people?

Towards feminine males possibly, emotional males definitely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vicky. wrote: »
    I have never known 'soft boy' to be normally used as a slur towards gay people?

Towards feminine males possibly, emotional males definitely.

exactly

this is what I said in my above post...

Austin always targets women & vulnerable men
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member

Then they really need to get a life. No way homophobic.