Options

Why on Earth shouldn't Angie Best mention about health stuff like the lymph nodes?.

Comments

• Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    I don't think Angie's attacking anyone or meaning it in a nasty way, if anything she means well but it never goes down well when someone tries to force their views down people's throats. .
    Do you honestly expect me to believe that a 64 year old woman telling someone they're overweight and shouldn't smoke because their sisters died of cancer doesn't know that's out of order?

She's not educationally-challenged or impaired - she's just being bloody horrible. Even a CHILD would know that was a nasty thing to do ffs.

And you must be on a wind-up if you think calling someone 'a f***ing piece of slime' isn't an attack and she 'means well' really.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    Calam wrote: »
    Why on Earth shouldn't Angie Best mention about health stuff like the lymph nodes?.

Because it's preachy, holier than thou, repetitive and frankly tedious - she's a health bore in a nutshell.

If she wants to live on carrots and meditation FINE, but she should keep her nose out of other people's business, because if others smoke, drink, 'eat cakes' that's FINE also, NOTHING whatsoever to do with her.

(I bet the others don't try to get her to smoke and eat chocolate etc all the time???)
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,397
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    Do you honestly expect me to believe that a 64 year old woman telling someone they're overweight and shouldn't smoke because their sisters died of cancer doesn't know that's out of order?

She's not educationally-challenged or impaired - she's just being bloody horrible. Even a CHILD would know that was a nasty thing to do ffs.

And you must be on a wind-up if you think calling someone 'a f***ing piece of slime' isn't an attack and she 'means well' really.

That's true but I suspect she thinks of it as being motivational and cruel to be kind rsther than just plain nasty just to hurt somebody.

But, as I ssy, I think it is counter oroductive re getting them healthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Calam wrote: »
    But she's not telling them what to do,

Colleen probably won't be around that long if she's carries on like that. And that's a real shame for her family.

This lady is about 88 and she definitely smokes, (maybe she also drinks) and she definitely gives it large. www.instagram.com/baddiewinkle

Colleen has quite a way to go yet, she's only 51!
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    It's not what she says, it's the way she says it.

She's sanctimonious and superior.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

How would people feel if there was a deeply religious person in there who was constantly trying to 're educate' and 'convert' the housemates to their faith? Going on about their spiritual well being and going to hell? Even when they'd been asked to stop again and again?

That is a great analogy!
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,872
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Bunions;85141739]Do you honestly expect me to believe that a 64 year old woman telling someone they're overweight and shouldn't smoke because their sisters died of cancer doesn't know that's out of order?

And you must be on a wind-up if you think calling someone 'a f***ing piece of slime' isn't an attack and she 'means well' really.[/QUOTE]

Or indeed that a 50+ year old woman whose sister died of cancer doesn't know that smoking is bad for her. If telling people off for smoking and telling them how dangerous it is was effective there would be no smokers left by now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or indeed that a 50+ year old woman whose sister died of cancer doesn't know that smoking is bad for her. If telling people off for smoking and telling them how dangerous it is was effective there would be no smokers left by now.

Very true.
  • Options
    petesbitchpetesbitch Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    She's bringing up Colleen's dead sister to her for crying out loud. Then she's bringing up her kids, implying that Colleen doesn't care about them, making her look horrendous on nationally television, making her feel like crap. Who does she think she is? The woman has some nerve. She's socially retarded. If someone ASKED Angie's health advice that's one thing, but no one did. She's putting her two cents in where it doesn't belong and she's incredibly offensive.
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because something may be true does not mean it needs to be said by a stranger.
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angie has become a pretty older women through the help of surgery and frequent Botox. She has said in an earlier interview that she does not have to diet, and can eat whatever she wants without putting on weight.

So it's all to easy for her, hypocrtically stuffing them sausage rolls down her throat at one of the "parties".

Angie is a smug, patronising, biatch who has no stop filter, who is relying on Callum to tell her STFU.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heartache wrote: »
    Angie has become a pretty older women through the help of surgery and frequent Botox. She has said in an earlier interview that she does not have to diet, and can eat whatever she wants without putting on weight.

So it's all to easy for her, hypocrtically stuffing them sausage rolls down her throat at one of the "parties".

Angie is a smug, patronising, biatch who has no stop filter, who is relying on Callum to tell her STFU.

WOW ...... just wow.

Well said! ;-)
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this seriously another thread to knock Coleen? The woman can't do right for doing wrong. She is not the only housemate to mention Angie's persistent health preaching, Nicola was giving off about it the other day. If her own son has to take his mum aside because he even knows she's going overboard with it, then it's clearly her issue. Coleen has done no wrong in her opinion, she even told Calum that she admired Angie's healthy life determination but as she said, she ain't back in BB for a health kick.

Also with how Calum reacted to Coleen the other night, I wouldn't say he's kissing her arse
  • Options
    Pink_BananaPink_Banana Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's mentioning it and being health conscious, and there's being a nagging old witch about it. She is so interfering and pushy, when in reality if the likes of Coleen are making unhealthy choices, they are grown adults and it's their own choice.

Exactly what I was going to say, shes entitled to her opinion and is allowed to mention these things-when she's constantly harassing them about it though it's going too far as it is not her business what people do with their lives. She has no right to interfere which is precisely what she's doing.

As for the OP I like the way they've turned it around as said something like "it's not nice for their family" as if you give a sh it!! If you were that considerate you'd think twice about calling her a fat lazy whatever, in the possibility someone on the board may know her or one of her family. Don't feign concern for her family when you don't give a f***.

Also pretty sure some of the others have moaned about angie too not just coleen.

(And before you start calling me a coleen follower, you might want to remember I'm not a fan of her AT ALL.)
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    As others have said, nothing that Angie says would have been news to them. Yet she's so sanctimonious and holier than thou, her son has tried to tell her gently to ease up, but she's not having a yard of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. And being stressed makes you want to smoke more so if the screeching harridan really wants Colleen to reduce her cigarette intake, she should leave her the eff alone :D

I'm sure she will give up one day but it will be because she wants to and because the time is right for her to do so.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'd be one to say "Jesus, you're so fat, why are you so fat?" she has no tact.

It;s irritating but i could have lived with all but one comment... I don't like Colleen but her "all your family are dead and you're abusing you're body and you will be dead soon" was just a stupid thing to say.

I'd have responded maybe you should STFU and deal with your own issues.
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes all you want to do is forget your troubles for a bit, have a laugh and bounce around on a fluffy cloud.
    You do not need someone else to remind you that you are in fact slowly but surely dying, and stating that the main enjoyment you receive from such an exercise should be the extra 2 minutes of life you gain by giving your nodes a good nudging.

Angie's problem is that she's boring as fcuk. There is no joy, soul, childishness, spontaneity or laughter in her. She's stapled up tight physically, mentally and emotionally. She's only got one string to her bow and all she can do is play it constantly on repeat. This is what is pissing off the house, if only she could add a few other notes to it, the house would be more forgiving of it imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes all you want to do is forget your troubles for a bit, have a laugh and bounce around on a fluffy cloud.
    You do not need someone else to remind you that you are in fact slowly but surely dying, and stating that the main enjoyment you receive from such an exercise should be the extra 2 minutes of life you gain by giving your nodes a good nudging.

Angie's problem is that she's boring as fcuk. There is no joy, soul, childishness, spontaneity or laughter in her. She's stapled up tight physically, mentally and emotionally. She's only got one string to her bow and all she can do is play it constantly on repeat. This is what is pissing off the house, if only she could add a few other notes to it, the house would be more forgiving of it imo.
    LOVE that expression Fin - consider it teefed ;):D

Agree with all of that :gift:
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    If you were to see the inside of her like a tree with the circles of age telling its own story, I suspect many of those rings riddled with unhappiness and discontent. Hence why she needs to feel powerful and in control of others. This fitness and health obsession has been the perfect vehicle for her to project that control over others she can feel superior to.
  • Options
    moochmooch Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    i thought what she said to ray j about his weight the other day was ridiculous.

talk about making a skinny person self conscious
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    As others have said, nothing that Angie says would have been news to them. Yet she's so sanctimonious and holier than thou, her son has tried to tell her gently to ease up, but she's not having a yard of it.

Yes, her son also reminded her, though jokily, that he already knew about the not drinking for a couple of days to give his liver a chance to regenerate so really didn't need to hear it from her.

Of course he already knows. Can you inagrine how many times he has had that lecture during his lifetime from her? Especially given what happened to his Dad. He probably knows more about the liver than any other organ in the body and most people unless medically trained.

To answer the OP though, of course she can talk anout anything she wishes. But she has to exoect other people not to respond well and either answer her back, bitch about it behind her bsck, or use it as grounds to nominate her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mooch wrote: »
    i thought what she said to ray j about his weight the other day was ridiculous.

talk about making a skinny person self conscious

Good point.

Comments like that. And those to Coleen, could cause somebody a lot of self image issues and maybe even trigger body dismorphia or eating disorders.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Good point.

Comments like that. And those to Coleen, could cause somebody a lot of self image issues and maybe even trigger body dismorphia or eating disorders.

And yet this person has a license to practice professionally???
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    LOVE that expression Fin - consider it teefed ;):D

Agree with all of that :gift:

:D
    Oooo - thanks for the pressie Buns, now I'm embarrassed I didn't get you anything :blush:

Instead I'll send you a pic of Lloyd George in the bath (I don't even know what that means or where it comes from but my Dad used to say that to people and 'people' seemed well chuffed with it) :D