Options

May will urge people to give up on "insults"

Comments

• Options
    Video NastyVideo Nasty Posts: 7,244
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    The human race is a detriment to nearly all of the other species on Earth, probably ALL. I think it would be fair to butt out and not interfere with the rest. How is that hard to see?

Text book attention seeker.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Still not getting it huh.... May will urge people to give up on "insults"

Thanks, Moaning Timmy.:D
    Not everyone does what Mother May tells us, as this thread indicates. Although the insults to democratic process are of more concern.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    The human race is a detriment to nearly all of the other species on Earth, probably ALL. I think it would be fair to butt out and not interfere with the rest. How is that hard to see?

After you. :)

Are you on drugs or are you a dog?

Very sorry but you're making little sense to me.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    It's all part for "getting your country back" though- it clearly also means getting rid of any "undesirables". Which clearly includes remain voters.
    dave666 wrote: »
    Is that an option. We should definitely consider it 😂😂

:( Aww no, they have a certain entertainment value. But I have a sneaking regard for the idea that anyone who flounces over Brexit to live in their treasured EU has to apologise for being silly and pay a penalty (say £1,000 for the NHS;-):D) to come back in.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After you. :)

Are you on drugs or are you a dog?

Very sorry but you're making little sense to me.

That really isn't my problem.

Humans are the biggest detriment to all other living things on this planet. That isn't too hard to see.
  • Options
    Union JockUnion Jock Posts: 7,262
    Forum Member
    Dan's Dad wrote: »
    PM to reveal 'global Britain' Brexit plan

Can I hope that those here who were on the 'winning side' will cease using
    'Bremoaner', 'Loony Leftie', 'Liberal Elite' and 'Snowflake' etc., etc., etc.?

Don't forget 'remaniac' however I've only seen it applied to those who want brexit to fail just so they can say "I told you so".

As someone who voted remain I want it to be a success otherwise we're all stuffed.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Union Jock wrote: »
    Don't forget 'remaniac' however I've only seen it applied to those who want brexit to fail just so they can say "I told you so".

As someone who voted remain I want it to be a success otherwise we're all stuffed.

That doesn't make sense. Why would someone call another who voted to remain a 'remaniac' and want Brexit to fail?? Surley only someone who wanted to leave and supported Brexit would label a person a Remaniac.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Year's resolution = no more insults please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have an employer and I don't think the human race should be on this planet. That should save a few replies.:)

:D You have got my post of the night vote. You make some good points. I think that the human race should share the running of Earth with dogs, sheep, Ants And cats.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,606
    Forum Member
    That doesn't make sense. Why would someone call another who voted to remain a 'remaniac' and want Brexit to fail?? Surley only someone who wanted to leave and supported Brexit would label a person a Remaniac.

I think you read it wrong. It's those described as 'remaniacs' who supposedly want Brexit to fail.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impossible. The whole debate on both sides was based on an appeal to emotions rather than facts which were in short supply.
    Why would it suddenly become rational now?
  • Options
    luckylegsluckylegs Posts: 7,400
    Forum Member
    aurichie wrote: »
    If she stops insulting the people with stupid talk of a so-called HARD BREXIT then we might be more amenable to her ideas. But if she thinks we're going to sit by and watch her destroy the United Kingdom (Scotland first to leave) and ruin our economy forever then I'm afraid she's even more deluded than I first thought.

What an overly dramatic and ill informed post.

Theresa May has never used the term Hard Brexit it is a meaningless term as is Soft Brexit.

We are leaving the EU and all that it entails, that was always the case.

By the way the British Government doesn't have a remit to destroy the UK, economy or any other way.

The remit is to Leave the EU and Leave the EU we will.

Negotiation is key.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    This is pretty much it. We're barrelling towards something that is non-reversible. Even if we ended up rejoining the EU 20 or 30 years down the road, we'll never have a deal as good as we have today. Not to mention the utter pointlessness of the exercise.

And all because a truly unelected PM (not even by her party), whose party got less than a majority of the vote in the last general election, is trying to do something thanks to a non-binding referendum where even the best lies and spin could only achieve a 2% majority. It's not a sound basis even to implement what was asked (leaving the EU), let alone all the other stuff that no one was consulted on.

I feel angry and betrayed. At least with the AV referendum (which was similarly won by the same lies and spin by the same people) I could accept it as it would never be a permanent change - we could try again for PR whenever we want. But this is different.

If we end up leaving, and if it turns out to be a brilliant decision for the country, I'll happily admit that I got it wrong. But I will actively oppose what the government intends to do, as it's a monumental amount of risk for what will likely be a very small reward.

Of course it's reversible. Us Brexiters have been told for years, if we don't like it vote for a party that will take us out. So I'll return the favour, if you don't like it vote for a party that will take us back in.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Impossible. The whole debate on both sides was based on an appeal to emotions rather than facts which were in short supply.
    Why would it suddenly become rational now?

Leave relied almost totally on emotions. Stir up emotions expect trouble.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see...I assume that means business as usual for the Tories...scapegoating whichever group of workers/demographic suit their purpose that week...since they've "done" junior hospital doctors and GPs I suppose it will be the turn of speech therapists or podiatrists to be responsible for the state of the NHS this week.

At least there's a few groups know they will be safe...the Henry Double Barrelled in the City on their multi million "compensation" (for having to actually work) packages, the Mrs Blue Rinses breeding pug dogs Nr Chipping Norton, coffin dodgers everywhere and the Estuary English telephone salespeople one generation (and their parents cheaply bought council house) away from being dockers or char ladies in Kent & Essex ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see...I assume that means business as usual for the Tories...scapegoating whichever group of workers/demographic suit their purpose that week...since they've "done" junior hospital doctors and GPs I suppose it will be the turn of speech therapists or podiatrists to be responsible for the state of the NHS this week.

At least there's a few groups know they will be safe...the Henry Double Barrelled in the City on their multi million "compensation" (for having to actually work) packages, the Mrs Blue Rinses breeding pug dogs Nr Chipping Norton, coffin dodgers everywhere and the Estuary English telephone salespeople one generation (and their parents cheaply bought council house) away from being dockers or char ladies in Kent & Essex ;-)

How about Goths and vampires from Salford, will they be okay?
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan's Dad wrote: »
    PM to reveal 'global Britain' Brexit plan

Can I hope that those here who were on the 'winning side' will cease using
    'Bremoaner', 'Loony Leftie', 'Liberal Elite' and 'Snowflake' etc., etc., etc.?

Can I hope that people stop calling brexiters names too? Like all thick uneducated racists..
  • Options
    luckylegsluckylegs Posts: 7,400
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Leave relied almost totally on emotions. Stir up emotions expect trouble.

... and now the Remainers on DS are doing the same.

They need to stop being in denial because it is going to happen we are leaving the EU no doubt about that and there never was.

No Hard no soft Brexit it is just Leave and Leave we shall.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Can I hope that people stop calling brexiters names too? Like all thick uneducated racists..

Nah, not really.

No point in fibbing just to be polite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luckylegs wrote: »
    ... and now the Remainers on DS are doing the same.

They need to stop being in denial because it is going to happen we are leaving the EU no doubt about that and there never was.

No Hard no soft Brexit it is just Leave and Leave we shall.

In which way are your legs lucky?

I'd say they were quite unfortunate, really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Us Brexiters should be happy really. It was all the name calling by some remainers before the referendum that helped get us our result and it will be their continuing it that will get us our hard Brexit.

Getting people to come around to your way of thinking is not often achieved by name calling. They've played a blinder really.

Here's to all the name calling remainers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Getting people to come round to your way of thinking is not often achieved by name calling. They've played a blinder really.

Getting someone to come around to you way of thinking requires them to be actually capable of thinking in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Getting someone to come around to you way of thinking requires them to be actually capable of thinking in the first place.

Yay, right on cue :D:D:D

Keep up the good work trev ;-)

Thinking about it you didn't even have to get people around to your way of thinking. You just had to keep them on side. Fortunately all the name calling got them over to Brexit's side.
  • Options
    John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

Here you are Trev buy yourself this for your birthday, put it somewhere you can see it quite often, it will give you something to aspire to

http://www.bronze-gifts.co.uk/the-thinker-bronze-figurine-15cm-rodin-p13854?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmmtLiDiqTpQ_pCR775HOSc9CEBx5qwxkO63pRkxV2wMaAgQa8P8HAQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Yay, right on cue :D:D:D

Keep up the good work trev ;-)

My pleasure.

I've become quite amused by the sight of people publicly displaying their ignorance in semi coherent terms with a sense of pride. It seems to be a badge of honour. Previous to Brexit, I'd have assumed such limitations were not the sort of thing people bragged about, but apparently not.

After all, people buy and read The Sun newspaper in public and seem content to be seen doing so.

Strange world.