Options

Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon have canceled Highston. The show was originally given a six-episode order more than a year ago but it has been scrapped all together.
  • Options
    brianecclestonbrianeccleston Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    More pilots ordered, 2 each for NBC, CBS and ABC

Reverie - Virtual Reality Thriller Receives Pilot Order at NBC

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/reverie-virtual-reality-thriller.html

High School Biology Teacher Comedy Receives Pilot Order at NBC

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/high-school-biology-teacher-comedy.html

Killer Instinct and Perfect Citizen - Drama Pilots Ordered by CBS

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/killer-instinct-and-perfect-citizen.html

The Good Doctor & Doomsday - Dramas Receive Pilot Orders at ABC

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/the-good-doctor-doomsday-dramas-receive.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Downward Dog which was ordered by ABC last year and was originally expected to appear mid-season will air in the summer after The Bachelorette apparantly. Their are 8 episodes ordered for it, but ABC are not keen on it despite it getting decent reviews at Sundance or though it was not ABC that put it up apparantly but the studio behind the comedy. Their is some talk that the shows producers are hoping that the Sundance buzz prompts another outlet for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the trailer of Downward Dog but it's far too different and quirky to appeal to a mainstream audience. I never had it down as a hit. More ideal for Cable on a place like TBS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked the trailer of Downward Dog but it's far too different and quirky to appeal to a mainstream audience. I never had it down as a hit. More ideal for Cable on a place like TBS.

I must say that i agree with you. Having seen the trailer a few times it has grown on me, but like you say its different and quirky than the normal comedy. Like i said with Pure Genius which was to elaborate/thought provoking really for mainstream tv and would have been better on cable than CBS. Of course all this says more about the tv audience in general than the show itself.
  • Options
    Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Good Doctor & Doomsday - Dramas Receive Pilot Orders at ABC

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/the-good-doctor-doomsday-dramas-receive.html

The question will arise: Can a person who doesn’t have the ability to relate to people actually save their lives?

So that's one episode taken care of. What are they going to do then?

Looks like it's just a House revamp with better excuses for the unsocial behaviour and worse excuses for the preposterous premise to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Librarians renewed for a fourth season
  • Options
    Forum Member

YES :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Baz_James wrote: »
    The question will arise: Can a person who doesn’t have the ability to relate to people actually save their lives?

So that's one episode taken care of. What are they going to do then?

Looks like it's just a House revamp with better excuses for the unsocial behaviour and worse excuses for the preposterous premise to me.

That was my first thought as well, and the fact that its from the creator as well just adds to it. I actually think this will get picked up by ABC as well, which just wont help the mess that their in either with their hourly's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES :)

Oh your a fan
    Great. I love it too. I have season 3 all ready to binge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh your a fan
    Great. I love it too. I have season 3 all ready to binge.

I had not seen the films but started to watch because of the fact Christian Kane was in it and because Dean Devlin was a producer and they were both from Leverage which i enjoyed and this does not disappoint either.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried the librarians, also because christian kane was in it, but i couldn't get in to it after a few episodes and thought it was a bit daft so dropped it.

might have to have another look.
  • Options
    JDFJDF Posts: 4,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats good news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I tried the librarians, also because christian kane was in it, but i couldn't get in to it after a few episodes and thought it was a bit daft so dropped it.

We have a Christian Kane love in lol :D
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Excellent news!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final season of The Leftovers has finally been given a premiere date

Get your calenders ready and pencil in April 16th
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All of this. I really tried but it just seemed...silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the silly nature in why i fell in love with the librarians. You need a bit silly fluff in your lives when it comes to television imo. Not everything needs to be on a great big grand scale like Game of thrones or Breaking Bad. But each to their own.
  • Options
    GibsyGibsy Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    MacGyver picked up by Sky 1
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 15,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gibsy wrote: »
    MacGyver picked up by Sky 1

Makes sense, kind of fits in with the Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS:LA theme – both of which do consistently well for the channel/
    MacGyver seems to have been met with mixed reviews and ratings in the US though, so it’ll be interesting to see if it s success for Sky 1.
  • Options
    Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the silly nature in why i fell in love with the librarians. You need a bit silly fluff in your lives when it comes to television imo. Not everything needs to be on a great big grand scale like Game of thrones or Breaking Bad. But each to their own.

Yes indeed and what a gorgeous bit of silly fluff she is too ... er ... cough ... the show is, the show, I meant the show, obviously!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Get -Journalism drama receives pilot order at CBS

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/the-get-journalism-drama-receives-pilot.html?m=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Middle renewed for 9th season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow ABC never do early renewals.

I wonder if they will renew Blackish, Goldbergs and Modern family soon. Renew the obvious ones first.